• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Game Day Thread - Eagles @ Skins - 2017

Am I the only one who saw that and thought the pass wasn't intended for Crowder, but a WR downfield? Kirk was upset and his body language seemed to be saying 'WTH Jamison - that ball wasn't for you!' Anyone else get that vibe on that play?

Actually watching it again you could be right. Pryor was in the back of the End zone it might have been on for him without the tip. Also could have been an interception either way, if it was intended for Pryor it looked short thrown.

I have to disagree (and pretty sure the coaching staff would agree with me) - there's no value in showing 'grit' at the end of a QB run. It's just plain stupid Fear. Aaron Rodgers slides every single time he finishes a run (at least when it's possible). It's actually just another sign that Cousins doesn't learn and frequently doesn't look like the vet starter he should look like by now.

Yea that's why I said it may not be the smartest approach in my quote. But it's simply a reflection of his intensity.
I and most everyone else would like to see him reel it in when it comes to his running plays, and only dive for extra yards, if it's for a TD, or a crucial first down.

I consider myself lucky that I only was able to witness the first half. Plus the night game was pre-empted so I didn't have to watch the Cowboy circle jerk.

Yea that's why I said it may not be the smartest approach in my quote. But it's simply a reflection of his intensity.
I and most everyone else would like to see him reel it in when it comes to his running plays, and only dive for extra yards, if it's for a TD, or a crucial first down.

I get it - and not to beat it into the ground - but showing 'grit' at the end of a running play does not reflect anything other than a lack of awareness of what the *smart* option is. He's already gained whatever he can and failing to slide only potentially hurts his team (whether because he gets drilled and fumbles the ball or gets hurt). Cousins has a problem controlling his emotions. I think it leads to decisions like that, and also is why he is wildly overthrowing open receivers consistently early on in games. He needs to learn to control his emotions - although if he hasn't learned by now, I'm not sure he's capable of it.

Maybe be doesn't know how to slide. I've heard that happens. ;)

I get it - and not to beat it into the ground - but showing 'grit' at the end of a running play does not reflect anything other than a lack of awareness of what the *smart* option is. He's already gained whatever he can and failing to slide only potentially hurts his team (whether because he gets drilled and fumbles the ball or gets hurt). Cousins has a problem controlling his emotions. I think it leads to decisions like that, and also is why he is wildly overthrowing open receivers consistently early on in games. He needs to learn to control his emotions - although if he hasn't learned by now, I'm not sure he's capable of it.

^^^^ This. It's why he should not be playing on one year deals. I think he's doing himself a disservice by staying in a situation where the stakes are constantly on earning a deal. He should have taken a deal last year, come in and been able to relax and just play. He damn sure didn't play up to the tag value.

Hey @Knightingale, the BGO Messenger app is available for download now via the Apple app store.

After rewatching the game this evening, there were at least some positives. We've already cataloged the ugly, but some good things included:

1) We got pressure on Wentz - and pretty consistently. He's one of the bigger, stronger guys who is tough to bring down, and unlike Kirk, has great awareness of pressure in the pocket. But we did apply pressure and missed at least 4 or 5 sacks in addition to when we did get to him.

2) This D is, at least in the opener, a lot more aggressive. I hope that continues.

3) The secondary looks vastly improved. Breeland looked like the Breeland of a couple seasons ago, Norman was pretty good, Fuller played well overall, and the safety play was pretty tight. We are still vulnerable on mid-range throws down the middle - I wish we'd figure that out. Way too many 3rd down conversions on 10-20 yard passes right down the pike.

4) We had more INT opportunities on Sunday than I can remember in a single game in years. I counted at least 5 balls that probably should've been picks and another 4-5 that we had chances on. If we'd gotten 2 or 3 more INTs (which was quite possible), we win that game.

I don't have much to highlight on offense. It was pretty ugly. You could see the *potential* of the Kirk-Pryor connection, but they both played terribly flawed games. Grant had a decent game. Fat Rob ran hard despite not much running room. Reed, to me, looked rusty and/or afraid to mix it up. That may have been the least physical game I've seen him play. The other thing that jumped out at me was the frequent lack of a safety valve receiver when the Eagles started blitzing the hell out of us in the 4th quarter. When they are sending the house, obviously someone needs to be there for the open short pass. There often was no option for Cousins.

Anyway - the game was actually more competitive on 2nd watching than it seemed on Sunday. We need to rebound against the Rams and I think if the D plays the way it did Sunday and we get a consistent and competent from the offense, we will be fine.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.