• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Game Day Thread - Eagles @ Skins - 2017

Jay Gruden just called another passing play.

Shawn Lauvao, Spencer Long, Brandon Scherff, and Morgan Moses should consider becoming offensive linemen in this league instead of observers. This is not on Cousin Kirk.

No offense BB but that INT in scoring position is most certainly on Kirk.

Jay Gruden just called another passing play.

Shawn Lauvao, Spencer Long, Brandon Scherff, and Morgan Moses should consider becoming offensive linemen in this league instead of observers. This is not on Cousin Kirk.

Kirk didn't get much help from the plays I was able to watch. OL and WRs let him down but he played very poorly. Missed a certain TD to open things (how many times is he going to wildly overthrow deep balls early in games - it's just ridiculous). Overthrew some other potential TDs as well. Not impressed. Pryor in particular was very disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kirk didn't get much help from the plays I was able to watch. OL and WRs let him down but he played very poorly. Missed a certain TD to open things (how many times is he going to wildly overthrow deep balls early in games - it's just ridiculous). Overthrew some other potential TDs as well. Not impressed. Pryor in particular was very disappointing.

Agreed. I didn't see any real bright spots on the Offensive side of the ball really. Glimpses of what might be, but on the whole it was a bad performance from the O-line to the RB's to the WR's and the QB. Nobody really stood out at all.

Only way is up.

But we will miss you :( But if it is that early, perhaps a couple games for half time? Set your alarm to see how we are doing and perhaps join us at half?

Whatever you decide, I sure do understand.

Whenever the Redskins have been on TV here, I've either stayed up all night or gotten up early, just to watch them live. I've been doing that for years, but as I am closer to 60yo than 50yo, I'm getting too old to get out of bed just to watch a football game. I've been doing so for years, but now I get up every 80-90 minutes to go to the toilet, so I'll check the scores and that's about all.

Watching the game also stuffs my day up as I have to sleep sometime!

Agreed. I didn't see any real bright spots on the Offensive side of the ball really. Glimpses of what might be, but on the whole it was a bad performance from the O-line to the RB's to the WR's and the QB. Nobody really stood out at all.

Only way is up.

Missed you in chat :).

Hope all is well.

The first play set the tone for the whole game for Kirk. It was clearly obvious in that first series that he was extremely antsy and was pressing quite a bit. His accuracy suffered all day as a result.

I'm not so sure that he's got the goods to continuing "betting on himself" and get away with it.

What's also bad is we travel west to play the goats & Mcvay next week. They put 46 points on the colts today so could be the start of a long month unless Gruden gets his shit together.

What if Pryor doesn't lose the excellent bomb in the blue sky on that first series (to me, that set the tone)? What if the receivers actually caught a few passes that were very catchable? What if the line gave him just half a second longer on many plays, including the red zone int? No, our QB was not perfect today, but their DL lived and set up a tailgate in the Redskins backfield today. What if the coach actually called more running plays (three straight passes from your own one yard line???)?

Cousin Kirk was certainly not perfect, but if he simply had A LITTLE help, then we could've seen a favorable outcome.

I still maintain that we are back to a full rebuild mode after this season and Bruce Allen will still be the defacto GM. Get used to picking top five for years to come.

What's also bad is we travel west to play the goats & Mcvay next week. They put 46 points on the colts today so could be the start of a long month unless Gruden gets his shit together.

Jay Gruden has been trying to "get it together" since he has been here. We have occasional good stretches or a good game or two, but he always crashes and burns. He's an ok coordinator and nothing more. However, Bruce won't get rid of him as he is part of the old Tampa connection. A boys club that allows them to cash nice checks at the expense of fans.

At some moment in time, and this would not be a surprise, it will all point back to the owner. Snyder is a pre-teen who got lucky with a company that rode the stock market wave of the mid and late nineties.

I agree BB, plenty of blame to go around. Gruden avoids a run game like it's the antichrist though. Mind numbing

About the only thing I'm gonna knock the D for today was Foster whiffing the qb.

What if Pryor doesn't lose the excellent bomb in the blue sky on that first series (to me, that set the tone)? What if the receivers actually caught a few passes that were very catchable? What if the line gave him just half a second longer on many plays, including the red zone int? No, our QB was not perfect today, but their DL lived and set up a tailgate in the Redskins backfield today. What if the coach actually called more running plays (three straight passes from your own one yard line???)?

Cousin Kirk was certainly not perfect, but if he simply had A LITTLE help, then we could've seen a favorable outcome.

I still maintain that we are back to a full rebuild mode after this season and Bruce Allen will still be the defacto GM. Get used to picking top five for years to come.

The 'Pryor lost the ball' narrative defies belief. 'Excellent bomb'? That first long ball was overthrown by a good twenty yards! Cousins has a long history of overthrowing wide open WRs going deep - especially early on in games - but that had to be one of the worst missed opportunities ever. It's not like Pryor stopped his route. Jesus couldn't have made a play on that ball imho. That was no more than yet another JC spazz out early in a game. Uncatchable from the outset.

So which is it BB? Is it 'just one game' or 'the Redskins will win 2 games this season'? Not beating on you - possible it's the latter, But you seem to be 'hedging your bets'.

When we haven't won a game midway through the season? That will validate your position. But we've lost lots of season openers - doesn't mean we're doomed - not yet anyway :)

The offensive line was very poor today. Specifically Lauvao and Moses. Lauvao has always been awful and it really says something about the front office that they haven't found anyone to replace him. Moses looked a lot like he did as a rookie. The unit as a whole was just bad.

As for Cousins, he was pretty bad too. Too many missed throws. He had little pocket presence and when he stepped away from pressure, he reacted like the pressure would just disappear, but it didn't. You saw that Wentz would evade the pressure and look to make a play. Cousins would just sit there like it was practice and no one was allowed to hit him.

Which brings me to my last point. This coaching staff has no idea how to run training camp or practices. Gruden has never won an opener and his teams always look unprepared to start the season and very rusty. They only get better playing real games, which tells me the practices are useless and training camp is only for rookies trying to make the team. I don't know what happens at practices or in meetings, but I can see the results on the field and it's never pretty to start out the year.

John, that ball was not 20 yds over his head. Pryor lost it in the shadow from Saturn.

Jay Gruden has been trying to "get it together" since he has been here. We have occasional good stretches or a good game or two, but he always crashes and burns. He's an ok coordinator and nothing more. However, Bruce won't get rid of him as he is part of the old Tampa connection. A boys club that allows them to cash nice checks at the expense of fans.

At some moment in time, and this would not be a surprise, it will all point back to the owner. Snyder is a pre-teen who got lucky with a company that rode the stock market wave of the mid and late nineties.

Sorry - but this is nonsense. In 2016, Gruden rallied the Redskins to win 6 of the last 8 games against the Cowboys, Eagles, Bills, Bears, Giants, and Saints (not exactly a bunch of lightweights) to seize the NFC East title. Yeah, last year we took a step back but we still were in it until week 16. Some 'crashing and burning'.

I realize that you want to support your narrative - that the Redskins are lead by a fatally flawed front office and that the implosion is coming. That may prove true. But right now - it's just opinion.

I'm not sure I'd say the O-line was really bad.
Sure seemed like Philly was sending a lot of extra guys - more than our line could handle.
We should have adjusted and either used an extra blocker, or Cousins needs to get the ball off quicker, or throw more shorter routes, instead of so many deep balls, or all of the above,

I'm not sure what has been going on the last few weeks, but I will take some time away. The blog will resume in a few weeks. Sorry everyone.

I just get tired of hearing Gruden espouse that he wants balance and to be a physical run team and then call 40+ passes and 16 rushes.

With no McVay to blame, the onus falls squarely on Gruden...who calls offensive plays like an Arena League Qb would....imagine that?

I'm not sure what has been going on the last few weeks, but I will take some time away. The blog will resume in a few weeks. Sorry everyone.

Huh? We're going back and forth after a bad loss BB. Seriously - you've been around too long to be thin-skinned. Do whatever you want but I always appreciate your input - doesn't mean I have to agree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.