• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

It's that time. Make your predictions

How Will Skins Fare in 2017?

• Skins will finish below .500

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Skins will finish at .500

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Skins will finish above .500 but miss playoffs

• Skins will finish above .500 and make playoffs

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Skins will finish above .500 and win division

• Total voters

stevenaa

The Team Captain
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
I scanned and didn't see a prediction thread yet. If I missed it, flog me with noodles. If not, lets have you predictions.

Mine: I have no freaking idea what to think. There's some talent. I'm hoping the new DC will be a step up on that side of the ball. I'm hoping we comitt more to the run. I really don't have a feel for it this year. I think we're better than even but not sure how much. So I'm going to throw out 10-6 as my moderately optimistic prediction.

6-10. I think they'll find (stumble?) a way to 2 division wins, get a couple they should and steal 1 or 2 along the way.

A lot will depend on how quick Gruden and Kirk sync together with play calling, especially calling MANY more runs. Defense will be improved at minimum 5 spots, which is pretty huge towards the team record.

I think we're a 11-5 team talent wise, but we'll flail our way to 9-7 & miss the playoffs again. Leading to an offseason where we draft qb in the first and pin all future hopes to him

Hey, Steve. Can you add a poll - those who think Skins will finish at .500, below .500 or above .500? I'm just too lazy to add this stuff myself by going through all the posts & losing count. Anything over 10 fingers is my count limit (and can't add with my toes either...).

Hey, Steve. Can you add a poll - those who think Skins will finish at .500, below .500 or above .500? I'm just too lazy to add this stuff myself by going through all the posts & losing count. Anything over 10 fingers is my count limit (and can't add with my toes either...).

Great idea, but I don't think it's possible to edit and add a poll, once the thread is started, unless a Mod does it.

Okay I'm going to be optimistic and say 9-7 at least. Depends on how fast Cousins "warms up" and if Pryor can take on part of the WR duties we have lost.

11-5.....division title. Then anything can happen in the playoffs.

Improved defense.

Even if our current starting QB can't justify his pay raise, his flashy stats should help produce more wins. With that improved defense.

Man this is a tough season to predict. I've never been so torn on two sides...

On the one hand this years team had alot of potential. Our Defense should be a step up, and if Pryor and Doctson can gel with Cousins relatively quickly we could be good to go. I'd go with and 11-5 record.

On the flip side without Cravens and Taylor, and if Gallette goes out again and our new defensive rookies don't show up till next season, and if Cousins and his new receivers struggle to get on the same page we could be 6-10

I'm hedging and picking in the middle ground with a hint of optimism. 9-7 and a wild card.

Done. Let the optimism roar.

6-10.

Difficult schedule and some upper echelon teams on the slate. When push comes to shove, Kirk hasn't been able to produce in the grandest of moments, or against top teams. I think that hurts us a bit this year.

In any of our playoff seasons since our last Super Bowl victory, the one constant has always been a winning division record. The NFC East is stronger overall this season as well in my opinion and I'm not sure we can pull off a 4-2 division record.

Defensively, sure, there have been some upgrades made; however, I'm not remotely convinced that we are going to have a dominant defensive line in Johanthan Allen's rookie year. The LB core has some potential, but we need Ryan Kerrigan to spark the entire unit by being elite for 16 weeks, and I'm not quite convinced that he's that kind of player.

The book gets closed on Cousins at season's end and this team enters the offseason with many questions to answer.

I'm gonna say 8-8 looks like KC might be an easy loss for us so we will have to make up some ground another way.
I think we are 1 more draft away from being a solid playoff contender year in and year out

I got nothing. No clue.

7-9

Defense takes a step or two forward, Offense takes a step back. Still no run game and KC1 will take a couple steps back.

Nick

I think the Redskins will get to 9-7 this year given better coaches and players on the defensive side of the ball and hopefully a more consistent kicking game from Dustin Hopkins.

Really, Hopkins as much as Kirk Cousins' interceptions against Dallas and the NY Giants cost the Redskins a playoff spot last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.