• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

I think taylors injury makes it clear

I do have to admit that it's very weird that the initial depth chart that came out today shows us in the form of a 3-4. Allen (End) / Hood (NT) / McGee (End). I hope and pray I'm not wrong about the 'philosophy' and that we are doing as Ryman suggested.... practicing and planning as a 3-4 but playing a 4-3 on sundays, that itself is lining up for failure.

Ziggy did pretty well with help on the opposite A gap or playing on the outside. 6'3"/305 not a prototypical NT size. Obviously they had no true NT last year and failed to create one out of thin air. Might get away with Ziggy inside if you cheated an LB near him that could come in or drop back depending on the play (Giants & Vikes do this type of thing) but do they have an LB that could pull that off? Maybe Murphy (used more of a DE/pass rusher right now) but he's not so good against the pass although he's been OK against the run (not available right now anyway). Or put another DT next to him (that's a 4/3) which they did at times last season.

McGee - 6'3"/341 has the size but obviously not the ability otherwise he'd be there. Don't see Ziggy as a much better fit at the NT than McGee and that's not a knock on Hood. Move McGee towards Ziggy and a DE on the other side of Stacy might work out better it seems.

Murphy is out for the season, remember?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we were running a 4-3 Kerrigan would most likely make the switch to DE or you might see Lanier there.

It would seem a guy like Stacy McGee would be a best fit in the 4-3 as a DT. He's 335 and has some athleticism, but doesn't have the ability to play straight over the nose.

So, I think the personnel is here to make that transition.

Brown, Foster, Anderson, etc. could be the LBs in a 4-3.

But I don't think you will see the team make that change.

At least under this administration.

They seem set in place on both sides of the ball.

Shawn Lauvao and Ryan Grant are HC favorites and are kept ahead of other players despite being 'meh' contributors.

DeAngelo Hall at 34 and hopping on one leg is still on the team, although hanging on by one finger on the PUP list.

Any other team facing Cravens uncertainty at safety, like the Steelers or Bucs would have gone out and made a deal for some insurance there.

But we allow safety, left guard and defensive tackle remain problem areas.

We simply refuse to acquire TWO safeties that can play together with no question marks or 'transition' periods to go through.

We refuse to upgrade from Lauvao in the draft or free agency.

We refuse to admit that Ryan Grant is simply a good practice and camp player whose impact in NFL games that count is next to zero.

exacty, and no after cutdowns there are players who may not be superstars but would be upgrades over what we have yet we arent very active.

McCloughan's comment on Twitter that Ryan Grant could be renamed 'Ryan Gruden' had me howling with laughter :rotflmao:

If you look at Grant's career NFL statistics they are negligible in 3 years in the NFL.

If he is that good why is Gruden hiding him on the bench?

McCloughan's comment on Twitter that Ryan Grant could be renamed 'Ryan Gruden' had me howling with laughter :rotflmao:

If you look at Grant's career NFL statistics they are negligible in 3 years in the NFL.

If he is that good why is Gruden hiding him on the bench?

When I hear Gruden talking about Doctson and raving about what makes him so great is his fluid and soft route running, I get visions of him raving about Grant's super-power route-running ability, and I'm like "Oh no !! Don't let Doctson be another Grant !" :paranoid:

And didn't Gruden respond to McClou's comment about Grant, by referring to Matt Jones as Matt McCloughan ?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.