• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Preseason Week Three: Bengals @ Redskins

DieselPwr44

The Owner's Favorite
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
So now it's week three of the preseason which is usually the "dress rehearsal" for the starters.....looks like the starters are going to get at least a half, maybe more today.

What facet of the game are you taking particular interest in today?

For me, I'll be tuned into a couple of things...

1: Oline play, especially in the run game.

If Gruden and Cavanaugh are serious about being more balanced, we have to improve in this area.
I'm very curious about seeing Roullier at center and want to see Perine get a shot at running with the starting unit.

2: Pass rush

Got to have one if this team wants to improve on defense.

Time for Gallette to get on the field and back up all his talk from the last two years. Want to see Jonathan Allen give us more flashes on the Dline..(thought he has looked good for a rookie)

So what are your interests today? Put 'em here and any comments on the game today.

As far as the pregame festivities go, Om's going to try and sneak his Leo Sayer albums in today...cause he feels like dancing.....be on the look out......:yikes:

Certainly agree with your 2 areas. I want to see Perine in there with starters. I want to see our kickoff and punt returners and coverage teams. And I want to see Cousins with Doctson and Pryor as he has looked hesitant at times and there hasn't been enough live action with those two in the game to know if they have their timing down.

What I want to see from the D is just sound fundamentals. Guys not blowing their assignments, wrap up tackling and energy.

On O we NEED to see 100 yards on the ground period. Would be nice to see 2 long drives go for td's. Like 10 play 80 yard models with a sound mix of run/pass.

Kirk finds this damn rhythm that's eluded him & the wr's so far this preseason. Are we predictable, missing route assignments, or is Kirk feeling the pressure & or not having Djax clearing space a problem now?

Kirk finds this damn rhythm that's eluded him & the wr's so far this preseason. Are we predictable, missing route assignments, or is Kirk feeling the pressure & or not having Djax clearing space a problem now?

Setting aside some protection issues in the first preseason game, the problem is on Kirk almost 100%. He's not releasing the ball on time and is *waiting* for receivers to come open. Most of his throws have been late. Some of that hesitancy is no doubt not having 100% confidence in or 'timing' with receivers. But ultimately, Cousins needs to trust and let the ball go. I put the onus of that issue squarely on Cousins. He's got a talented wide receiving corps - he just needs to trust them and release the ball on time.

Agree 100% on it being Kirks bad. Shoulda clarified the 'feeling pressure'. What I intended to ask was is he feeling the pressure of no djax/Pierre & the one year deal limelight he and his agent brought on.

Doctson not participating in pre-game warmups. Not good. I hope my original prediction, that Doctson is done post-achilles tears, does not prove to ultimately be accurate :( At best, his continued injury issues hurt the team.

Agree 100% on it being Kirks bad. Shoulda clarified the 'feeling pressure'. What I intended to ask was is he feeling the pressure of no djax/Pierre & the one year deal limelight he and his agent brought on.

Those are valid questions too brother...

For **** sake Joe Buck & Fakeman?!?!?

Having these 2 shits announce a Redskin game is about as effective as taking Steven Hawking on a cave exploration!

Lava...helping defensive 3 & outs against the redskins since 2014.

Try to log into chat but it just says room has been successfully deleted?

Kirks fault, staring down receivers. Doesn't matter when Pryor drops easy ones.

Jay needs to call practice right after the 4th quarter ends.

Yeah - we know - please don't try to reenter chat today - you are screwing up the chatroom for everyone. Please PM me.

Have either Galette or Doctson played a down yet? Seeing a lot of Grant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.