• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The 4th Annual BGO Survivor Contest!

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
No food. No water. And plenty of animals ready to make you their dinner.

WTF? That's the tv show. This is much better.

Welcome to the 4th Annual BGO Survivor Football Contest!!!!!!!

Match your skills against all of the other players in the country to see who wins the coveted title.

Last year, Elephant and Shi no Tenshi battled to a tie to share the crown.

Who will win the Race For Glory this season?

The rules are simple. Pick only one team in the league each week to win their game straight up. If you are right, you move on. If you lose, you have one strike against you. Two strikes in a season and you're eliminated.

One last thing. You can only use each team in the league once during the entire season. And if you forget to take the thirty seconds to make your pick in a week? That's a strike.

First place will win a great avatar showing off their accomplishment. There will be additional prizes as well.

So who's in?

Follow the link below to register. And if you have any questions, please let me know.

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/register/joinprivategroup

Group ID: 10965

Password: Redskins

You've got to be in it, to win it.

Previous Winners:

2014: McD5
2015: Canadian Hog
2016: Elephant/Shi no Tenshi

I will retire on top!

I will retire on top!

Yeah - we heard you the first time :joker:

#lame

I signed up. Looking for a better showing this year.

Let's go people - we need a good group to play. You too @Elephant. You need to defend your crown like a real man :)

Looking for players - let's go BGO!

This actually sounds like something I can do without help :) Will sign up from home though. Can't do it here at work.

...hhhmmm...Don't work, problem solved.

As soon as I can get yahoo to let me in my damn account, I'll be there.

Just a question.if I make a pick early.. can I change it up to game time like we can in the pick pool?

Here's what I got from the League Settings page:

Group Settings
Setting Current Value
Group ID 10965
Group Password Redskins
Start Week 1
Two Picks Required Starting week 17
Deadline Sunday at 10:00 AM PST
Number of Strikes 2 strikes and you're eliminated
Playoffs No

link: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/10965/groupsettings/

So, yes up till 10 AM Sunday you can change. It also looks like one has to make 2 picks the last week of the season and that we make no picks (playoffs) after that.

Just a question.if I make a pick early.. can I change it up to game time like we can in the pick pool?

Yes you can. You can feel free to second guess yourself as much as you like until either your game has started, or the early games start on Sunday. :D

So, any contingencies being created for if last year happens again?

I believe I can edit the settings to include playoff games if it comes to that. I think the requirement to pick two winners is to address that possibility. I can also make the requirement to pick two winners start earlier (like the last 4 games of the season) if we want. I think most years a tie is pretty unlikely.

Only 9 signed up to play so far - let's go people. We'll be awarding a prize of some kind this year to the winner.

We're still looking for players for the 2017 BGO Survivors contest - easy to register and play - come on in folks, the water is fine!

Last edited:
In. Gluten for punishment that I am.

Still time to join us for the 2017 Survivor Contest. You can register up until the start of this evening's first regular season game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.