• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Email Notifications Poll

Email Notification - What Are Your Preferences?

• Turn off all email notifications

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Turn on all email notifications

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Notify me of Private Messages only

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Notify me when someone Quotes me and of Private Messages only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some other option

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Several of our modifications give us the option for you all to get email notifications. You can be notified when someone:

1) Quotes your post
2) Likes or Thanks you for a post
3) Mentions you or Tags you
4) Sends you a Private Message

You can, of course, turn off email notifications under your personal 'Settings' menu. But I'm wondering what your all's feelings are about email notifications? Especially when you will also see notifications on the top bar next to your name, get PMs in some cases about notifications, and if you use 'Tapatalk' may also get push notifications when a member does any of the above actions. We are trying to balance keeping you up to date and encouraging participation and not *spamming* our own beloved members :)

So the question is, do you prefer to receive email notifications, or would you prefer we turn those off? We are all about you all - so tell us what you'd like us to do.

I like the notifications... when work is crazy or when I'm hibernating because I'm not liking life..those notifications bring me back and I visit here for a while.. call it therapy, but it works.

I voted for only private message notification. Of course, right now I'm not getting any email because of an apparent server issue. But that's another story.

'some other option'

Make it not impossible to find the setting to 'turn off email notifications'

'some other option'

Make it not impossible to find the setting to 'turn off email notifications'

I hear you - but we didn't code vBulletin - not everything can be adjusted the way would like unfortunately :)

I'd really like to get a little more feedback on this if folks wouldn't mind participating.

For the time being, I have turned off default emails for everything but Private Message receipt. If you WANT to be notified by email when someone likes or thanks you for a post or when someone quotes you or tags you, you can do that under 'Settings' (look for the 'DB Tech - Post Thanks' settings section, or the 'User Tagging' settings section.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.