• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Preseason Heroes

Everyone seems to have forgotten Robert Griffin. We gave up shit loads of picks for what we thought was a franchise QB, but one he got injured that was his downfall. He ended up at Cleveland, and nobody has heard of him since!

Nobody's forgetting anything. The subject is, Pre-season heroes. Which Griffin was not just that.

Griffin had 1, phenomenally fantastic season. And while the lame brain head coach at the time should have yanked him at halftime of the playoff game, Griffin's own recklessness would still have done him in, at some point.

As Brother El always said it would.

Boone wrote: We are mostly talking about guys who either never made the team or were never able to stick.

I used that comment as my criteria. Robert McCune (as nominated by Boone) was on the roster for longer.

Boone wrote: We are mostly talking about guys who either never made the team or were never able to stick.

I used that comment as my criteria. Robert McCune (as nominated by Boone) was on the roster for longer.

but he never really stuck... or lived up to expectation. That due was cut from granite and looked like he should have been in the WWE.... but disappeared when the real bullets started flyin.

Last edited:
The Babe Laufenbergs and Marcus Masons are a cautionary tale.

You can't get carried away by what players do in the preseason.

If the Redskins were to look at this preseason you would have them cutting Maurice Harris and Robert Davis and making Matt Hazel the #3 receiver.

You might have Zach Brown coming off the bench behind Mason and Compton. You might even have Spaight starting some inside.

But we really know that Matt Hazel is NOT a front line or even top backup receiver in the NFL.

We also know that Zach Brown is a better all around football player than Will Compton or Martrell Spaight.

That's the mirage of the summer that gets in some people's eyes.

Bring on cut down day and let's get started on the REAL season :claps:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.