• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Preseason Heroes

What about Patrick Ramsey? Ended up as backup to Brunell I think under Gibbs?

I remember opening night, Thursday Night Football vs the Jets....Ramsey was like 11 of 13 in the first half and he had just hit McCants in the back of the end zone for a td before half...Al Michaels "Patrick Ramsey is doing his best Sonny Jurgensen imitation".

The thought crossed my mind that maybe we found a Qb.....Ahhhh memories

I cannot find ANY stats or box scores from the 2006 preseason. That being said I know Jesse Lumsden had a game or 2 he was tearing it up! Granted it was against scrubs but still had high hopes for his skins tenure.

And then Gibbs replaced Ramsey at the first sign of a bump in the Chicago opener... because Ramsey sucked. We are mostly talking about guys who never made the roster or never saw significant regular season time here... but all posts welcome :)

Let's go people - so many more names out there.

Guys who were the second coming, but never made the team. Saviors that went to the practice squad, were cut, or never got a fighting chance. And we've been doomed as a result.

Current: Keith Marshall - high hopes but injuries have probably ended it for him
Past: Tom Flick - Gibbs first qb hire. Excited about it in the preseason traded that offseason

Marko Mitchell
Nick Williams
Nehemiah Broughton
Rashad Ross

Marcus Mason - RB
Kareem Moore - Safety
Robert Henson - LB

They made the 53 at points - but never amounted to anything.

Mike Oliphant.

He did just enough to convince the Browns to trade him straight up for Earnest Byner. Oliphant never did anything and Byner was one part of the puzzle who led us to a Super Bowl win in 1991-92.

Oh for trades like that again.

What was the name of the black QB who lit it up in the preseason, around 6 years ago ?

Gabran Hamden?

Oh god i googled him and he was in 2003 lol

You're probably talking about Pat White.... ?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.