A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
'Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.' - Groucho Marx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2016 BGO FF Champion
    BGObsessed

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Air Force

Default Charlottesville/White Supremacists

Any of you guys live near or in Charolettesville? Shit is getting crazy there.
    0 0 0 0

“A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.” - George Patton

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Towson

No, but I'm interested in what the environment is like there... My boyfriend wants to go the UVA/UConn game next month when I visit and I'm a bit nervous since he's black and we are an interracial couple. Living in CA, all I see is the bad stuff on the news. So, I'm hoping it's not as bad as it looks, or is confined to a certain area we can avoid or dies down by the time we go as he's pretty set on going.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

The shit that went down in C'ville had nothing to do with UVa or Charlottesville residents (other than the ones who were there counter-protesting). These evil idiots (aka 'White Supremacists') chose that location to make a stand because of some controversy over removal of some confederate symbols (most recently a statue of Robert E. Lee in a public square in downtown Charlottesville. The event that sparked the tragedy this Saturday was a 'Unite the Right' rally that was coopted by a bunch of radical, ignorant, supremacist types, almost all of whom were bussed in and were not locals.

Charlottesville is an amazing city, one of the most progressive anywhere. Like any college town, it's full of idealism and liberalism. This event neither represents the city, the University, nor what one should expect in the future. It was an ugly episode, just the latest in a string of ugly episodes, pitting white against non-whites.

You would not get so much as a blink of an eye or a turned head as an interracial couple there.
    0 1 0 0

Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

You ain't bonafide

2016 BGO FF Champion
    BGObsessed

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Air Force

K, I would think going to the game would be pretty safe. Then again I'd rely on Boone & the others in the area to be sure tho.

Can't remember if it was there or a Kentucky town but the mayor stated something to the effect that all similar statues in his district are to be removed, & hastily. Basically to avoid issues.

So much divide & conquer going on right now it's crazy.
    Last edited by Win4us; 08-13-17 at 05:47 PM.
    0 0 0 0

“A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.” - George Patton

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Towson

Excellent, thanks for the insight, John. That's a relief; I'm looking forward to our visit and the game.

Isn't too surprising to hear the protestors were bussed in, seems like that's how all these protests are these days...
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

Beta Bridge at UVa this morning.

betabridge.jpg
    0 2 0 0

You ain't bonafide

2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

This was just another, setup, illegal act of violence, brought on by the Soros funded leftwing thugs. A story that might have garnered a back page mention, in the local paper, had it not been for imported racist gangs, Black Lives Matter, and antifa wannabe terrorists. Turning it into the kind of racial conflict so desired by the nations media, in it's bid to pin any, and everything, on President Trump.

Look, I've always felt that the entire world missed a golden opportunity after the 9/11 attacks. Every known terrorist group in the world should have been decimated. Not captured/arrested. But killed. Dead. Done. Here in the US, groups like the KKK would have been tops on my list. No talking. No attempt to re-educate. Dead.
    D-E-AD DEAD! And that might be a popular idea right about now.

Until people understand that the New Black Panther Party, Black Lives Matter, Nation of Islam, etc... all black racists/supremacist groups, deserve no less disdain than the white assholes do. But that doesn't play into the liberal media's narrative.

Unfortunately, there will be more of this. It's the desired outcome of the left, and rightwing establishments. And the media is in an orgasmic coma over it.

And, with more and more ignorant jocks getting involved with the whole protest fame game BS, I'm not so sure sporting venue's won't be the next place the left targets.
    Live coverage baby. And they have no bounds or limitations holding them back.
    0 0 0 0

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen"

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

I agree that extremism and violence from any group has no place in America and should be crushed. However - in this instance clearly the perpetrators of violence were a bunch of white supremacist nutjobs who came there to start trouble and hurt people. Any argument that starts with 'lots of groups are reprehensible' is demeaning to the folks who were attacked, hurt, or killed last weekend.

In no way am I giving a pass to other groups that foment hate and use violence/intimidation to make their political points. Its fine to have an agenda politically (or 'core beliefs' if that's less offensive) - most of us do. But what happened at that demonstration was about right and wrong - and there were clear perpetrators of wrong. That's what should be focused on.

Let's try and have some balance - there are a lot of people who are angry these days and don't appreciate this sub-forum being open. Personally, I think that reflects our primary problem in America, that we've lost the ability to talk, hear opposing viewpoints, be able to have respectful discourse and dissenting beliefs.
    0 0 0 0

You ain't bonafide

2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Certainly agree that, as a country, we've lost the ability to talk about things, honestly.

My understanding is, a bunch of white assholes obtained a legal permit to protest the ignorant removal of confederate statues. Our Constitution gives assholes the right to protest. We might not always like it. But if we believe in the Constitution, it gives them the right to spew their garbage, too.

Opposing hate groups, without a permit, were allowed to confront them. And the shit hit the fan. Duh! The 2 groups of assholes should have never been allowed to get within sight of each other. But politicians are so damn afraid to offend any hate group that isn't white, that it was allowed to happen.

After the shit hit the fan, a worthless lowlife chicken shit piece slug vomit, drove his vehicle into a crowd of people, killing 1, and injuring many others. He should be taken to the top of a building, shove a stick of dynamite up his arse...light it...push him of the roof...and have Vegas set the odds on whether he'll hit the ground before the dynamite blows. But, the constitution doesn't allow that, either.

So, bottom line. Allowing a hate group, with a legal permit, to be confronted be another hate group, that should not have been there, is always going to get ugly now. It's actually amazing more people weren't killed/injured. My fear is, it's going to get worse before it gets better.

PS ~ Just like the so-called "Women's March", there were surely people there, on both sides, that didn't follow the ideology of the leaders. Though they are now branded as such.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

Thanks Ax. I have a couple other thoughts:

1) Despite the 'tragedy' of these kinds of events, we pay way too much attention to what accounts for 0.009% of the population. When I hear people say 'America is filled with hate!' it makes me angry. I work in an industry that deals on a daily basis with 'Americans' in their worst, most vulnerable situations. You know what I find? People are generally wonderful. We aren't a nation 'filled with hate'. We are a nation that has some tiny factions of evil, violent, extremists. When things like this occur, that's who you are observing imho.

2) Law enforcement has become politically driven. Setting aside whether these groups should've been allowed to come together (which I think is a great point), at the first sniff of violence or confrontation, the police should've gone in and done mass arrests and ended the event. Period. This idea that 'free speech' overrides all other concerns - it's insane. The second people are threatened, assaulted, etc... the right to free speech ends. That doesn't mean protests are bad, should be prohibited, etc... it means that law enforcement needs to be given the freedom to shutdown/break up gatherings that are not peaceful.

3) The media owns some culpability in these events. I understand that these kinds of events are great for ratings, but bringing 100 TV cameras to these events and focusing on the worst in attendance, it only encourages outrageous behavior, and provides those 0.009% exactly what they are seeking, an audience for their agenda. I don't know what the solution is, but the media is not really there to ensure poor protesters are protected, they are there to capture the violence for their audience and sell air time. Allowing media in force at events that spiral out of control is a bad idea. I don't know how you control it, but allowing media presence with zero restrictions is a contributing factor in these events.
    0 0 0 0

You ain't bonafide

2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Well said, my friend.

I'm not sure how to end it either. But, starting with the rule of law, equally applied, is where to begin.

Of course, the only guaranteed way, to fix everything in the world, is for all nations to appoint me King. And follow my every order, without question, or hesitation.

I'll either cure us all, or kill us all, within a year.

Problem solved, one way or the other.
    0 1 0 0

2016 BGO FF Champion
    BGObsessed

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Air Force

Ax when you become king I volunteer to be judge/jury/executioner for Soros & the like. What I've followed over the past few years without a doubt points to that slimy piece of skunk shit as exhibit A-ZZZ in creating division. I've got plans for him that would make Ramsey Bolton faint.
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

So let it be written.

Soros is a world cancer.

As King, one of my first acts would be to put price on his head.
    0 1 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia

Charlottesville is pretty special to me. I think everyone knows it. UVA is unlike any other large, well known public universities and the same can be said for Charlottesville when compared to similar sized college towns. It's just different. You have liberals. You have conservatives. You have independents. They all tend to get along and keep a small town atmosphere alive and thriving. That's life in the area. These Nazi/KKK members came from elsewhere and there is nothing they have in common with Albemarle County. Nothing at all.

In talking with a few friends in the area I was able to learn that no students from the university were involved in the violence on Saturday. What they did notice was a sizable increase of outsiders by Saturday morning. They had no idea who the outsiders were, but the side streets and parking areas suddenly had hundreds of vehicles from New Jersey and New York occupying them. That one has me baffled.

Charlottesville has always been my second hometown. Hoping it can get back to normal where everyone gets along - even those who don't agree on politics. That's the Charlottesville I know.
    Last edited by Burgundy Burner; 08-18-17 at 12:11 AM.
    0 1 0 0

The simplicity in me is complicated.
    I live in my own little world, but that's ok. They know me here.
    Redskins Fan - Emeritus

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

This is how it's being reported down under.

Firstly, Trump is blaming both sides for acting like children. No excuses.

Secondly, the situation would never had got as bad as it did if the people responsible for clearing the streets had not sent one party in the direction of the other. This only inflamed the situation.
    0 0 0 0

Why should I get out of bed at 4am just to watch us lose?

2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

It was a designed, concerted effort, to get maximum coverage.
    Imported assholes on both sides. BB's post certainly appears to confirm that much.
    Soros was likely funding and encouraging both sides.
    He got exactly what he wanted.
    And the media got something new to try and instigate impeaching the guy who continues to expose them as the scum they are.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    I live in the warmest city in the coldest province
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    UTEP

Quote Originally Posted by Ax View Post
    It was a designed, concerted effort, to get maximum coverage.
    Imported assholes on both sides. BB's post certainly appears to confirm that much.
    Soros was likely funding and encouraging both sides.
    He got exactly what he wanted.
    And the media got something new to try and instigate impeaching the guy who continues to expose them as the scum they are.
    Soros is actually evil, I do pro Israel advocacy and he is the single largest funder of anti Israel propagandists and organisations, he hates the west and wants to destabilise it, thats how he made his first fortune, by buying destabilised currencies.

The left is much more dangerous than the right because it hides its bigotry behind pro human rights rhetoric while siding with extremely anti human rights regimes like Iran.
    0 1 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    James Madison

As I age I find a greater appreciation for life and a greater disillusionment for lives lost in senseless pursuits. The two sides in this skirmish are both idiots and I am always wondering how situations like these are advertised and how willing dupes are brought to them. I get Soros and am aware of his many non-profits and their leanings. I also don't discount money flowing in from other countries who do not share out beliefs.

Charlottesville as I remember is a sleepy small town when college is not in session. Glad to read no students were among the dupes who were creating this havoc. Add in a mentally challenged individual and now we get a potential platform for much blathering about nothing. It will pass.

I am hopeful that this is one of the last gasps of '60's radicals attempting to relive their youth. I have read that a couple of the more outspoken and violent in these groups are aging college professors - I wish they would just fade away quietly.

I can tell you that growing up in the 60's these protests are nothing compared to that time. I am thankful that those times are past and hope that with each passing year more of the dopes from that era are passing on.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia

I wasn't trying to confirm anything. Just reporting what a few friends were able to witness. I don't know who is behind what or if it is Soros, Smith, Boogie Man, or Mimi the Pit Poodle. It happened in my beautiful Charlottesville and it makes me sad.

Happier times are hopefully ahead.
    0 0 0 0

The simplicity in me is complicated.
    I live in my own little world, but that's ok. They know me here.
    Redskins Fan - Emeritus

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Burgundy Burner View Post

Happier times are hopefully ahead.
    America hasn't had the England, Germany, Sweden, Barcelona type muslim v white infidel attacks yet, so things will only get worse before they get better. Trump is trying to prevent this from happening, but all the anti-Trump people will ensure that it does happen, then they'll want Trump to do something about it.

We have a Government that is allowing more and more muslims into the country, and more and more crime is occurring on a daily basis. Perps go to court, start with a sob story that they didn't know it was illegal in this country, the judge falls for it and releases them only to have them continue their rampage. We have a Minister for Immigration that wants to cancel visas of criminals but is overruled by do-gooders and NIMBY's (who are seconded by the PM). We are just waiting for the place to explode, then fall under Sharia Law, and all of us non-believers will be publicly executed.

What you are seeing in Charlottesville is just the beginning!
    0 0 0 0

Why should I get out of bed at 4am just to watch us lose?