• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The 8th Annual BGO Ballers Fantasy Football League

So we keep the players from last year if there is a star by our name? Is that permanent?

Got my two Seinfeld names in both leagues. Thanks Shi for setting this up again.

My work day isn't over til like 9/930 pm eastern time. Is there a way I can have someone/anyone vote by proxy? Don't trust autodraft but I'll figure it out if not.

Canadian Hog = Cdn. Bacon Strips.

Draft time is 8 p.m.? It states 5 p.m., but I'm guessing that's Pacific time, correct?

Hopefully it's 8 pm.. 5 works but 8 is better.

Actually it is 8 pm Eastern... on site it says 5 PDT. :)

Last edited:
Players are not kept, just your status as being in the league and not needing an invite.

Time shown in just a place holder. Need to fit two drafts in on Wednesday, so I want to accommodate who I can. One draft will be later by necessity.

Back in business after a year off. Thanks again for making it happen.

I'll probably have to auto draft for the first league since I don't get off work until 7:30pm EST. Going to be tough to do two drafts in one night but certainly would think the 2nd draft would need to be later as few could make an earlier one.

9:30pm draft [emoji21] Don't you guys know I go to bed at like 10? Haha just kidding I'll survive

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I guess since I'm in one league I'll be in the first... just need to know time when it's settled. I leave for work at 10:30 pm Eastern. If I have to do autodraft are there instructions for that somewhere?

Yeah Doc, it looks like you're in League #1 . Draft is Wed. the 6th, beginning at 8pm EDT. You should make the whole draft, with time to spare, before you leave for work.

Just spitballing again, would it be beneficial to start the draft like on Monday with no time clock? Basically everyone can pick as soon as they're able regardless of time throughout the week.

BTW I'm not trying to get out of autodrafting my team for the record. Just throwing things out there

Unfortunately they give no option for that.

Keep in mind: as I stated earlier, the times haven't been set in stone yet. Yahoo forces me to put in a time, but it is just a place holder right now. Draft times will be listed here once I have them locked in.

As I asked earlier, let me know what times you can make do I can make the best decision on when to schedule. I will lock them in on Monday afternoon.

So, do you mean like whoever has the first pick of the first round chooses on Monday & the second pick of the first round might not pick until Tuesday? I don't know that Yahoo would let you do that. Also I'm pretty sure that the commish has to be online during the draft.

There's a very good chance that I'll be auto drafting also. I don't know that it's a huge issue if you have a decent pre-draft rating list. Not as much fun for sure & probably leads to some buyers remorse.
But I entered 2 mock drafts with my list & just went with the next guy up on my list when my pick came up. Came up 1st in one & 3rd in the other.
Probably a more knowledgeable player base here & I won't come out on top (or 3rd...or even anything under 2 digits...) but you can make moves afterward.

Like trades with someone else who auto drafted...:cat:

Shi & JB, it's not a huge deal for me either. What I'm hoping is there's a different option to autodraft than just ranking players. Basically trying not to end up with like 5 qb's & 3 kickers.

I'll have to read up more on yahoo ff later but hoping you can rank positions too. Basically take bpa at targeted position for each round. Set it like....
1-rb bpa
2-qb bpa
3-wr bpa

Etc

auto draft generally tries to fill all roster positions, then is "bpa" after that.

Just means you generally end up with a defence and kicker picked early, but not in multiples.

From what I have seen on Yahoo is that it looks like it goes down the list no matter what the position is but I don't know if it fills out the required positions first with BPA. I haven't found anything that says one way or another and I don't think it will let you seed a position in a particular round. I did some searching for that as it was something I thought about.

Maybe I'll try a mock with the default Yahoo list and just walk away till the drafts over (only 30 sec's @ round in mock) and see what happens. When I did it with my list on mock I was actually clicking the 'draft' button so not truly auto draft, it just followed my list on the screen. The default Yahoo list I saw showed all QB's in the first 16 picks so IDK if you could wind up with 3 QBs in the first 3 rounds or if it would move down to another position in the 2nd but I'm pretty sure Pick #1 would be Rodgers by their list.

I'd recommend at least one mock draft to everyone to get a feel for what is going to happen during the draft. Maybe I'm uncomfortable with change but I don't like this years format compared to last years. Just need to go back through it again.

I made an all auto pick league last year (not Yahoo). A lot of reasons why I did but the top graded drafter never played FF and didn't really follow football as in depth as most of us. OK, not the same as part auto/part live drafters but you can come out alright.

Just to quell the misinformation:

As posted on their site at:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/pre-rank-players-prepare-autopick-drafts-sln6163.html

They state, under the heading of "Details on how autopick selects players" that:

All starter positions are filled before bench positions.

You can't designate which round a player is picked or a position is filled.

Each round, autopick drafts the highest-ranked (pre-rank, then default rank) available player based on your position needs. The system determines a max number of players to positions ratio, including bench, so that your roster positions are balanced.

This occurs whether you rank the players or they rank the players.

Please let me know if there are any other questions. I'm at work today until around 5, but I'll be trying to get draft times sorted after that, so we can have a locked in time by Monday. Make sure to update me with when you are available if you have not yet.

So I actually did run this as auto pick using Yahoo's default list. Really didn't do too bad.
Yahoo's actual draft default list is actually based on (or possibly is) 'Fantasy Pros' list so it's a pretty good one.

I tried this with an 8 team mock with live drafters also. Positions were: QB/RB1/RB2/WR1/WR2/WR3/TE/K/DEF with 6 Bench

The auto pick is fairly intelligent. After not picking in the first 2 rounds (it still made picks even though I timed out after 30 sec's), auto pick was automatically enabled. You can disable the auto pick option or just let it run. Once in auto pick, the pick time went from 30 to 10 seconds.

By Rounds:

RoundPositionPlayerRoundPositionPlayerRoundPositionPlayer
1WR1Evans6TE1Rudolph11Bench WR4Snead
2RB1McCoy7DEF1Denver12Bench WR5Decker
3RB2Elliot8KickerBailey13Bench TE2Doyle
4WR2Pryor9Bench RB3Mixon14Bench DEF2Jacksonville
5QB1Wilson10Bench QB2Winston15

Aaarrrgg. I missed the WR3; it's in the first 10 picks & auto draft did select it. I screwed up on entering the data but you get the idea of how it works.

Last edited:
Auto draft is going to screw you every time :) You got 2 defenses for God's sake and it selected defense and a kicker mid-draft. That's just plain stupid and why I'll finish last in the league I have no choice but to use auto draft for. That's the primary problem with auto-draft - it forces you to pick defense and kicker much earlier than you should.

If there's any possible way to avoid auto draft I would suggest it.

Part of the reason why I waited before committing to this was auto-draft and another part was being able to make time to really work it like I should at least to keep it rolling for everyone else. But upon further review, I decided that it was more about the fun versus having a great draft. Besides, it forces me to put on my GM cap trying to work trades and going through the waiver wire. Maybe you don't win it all but maybe you do better than you thought you might.

Possibly, and I don't know how hard this would be to integrate, have another league that was auto-draft only. People that may be available for the draft still can only auto-draft - nobody gets the advantage of being 'live' for the draft. Everyone gets the same lineup as far as positions go. Everyone starts pretty much even and they adjust from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.