• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The 2017 BGO NFL Pickem Contest!

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
nflpickembanner.png

It's that time of the year again - time to man (or woman) up and put your game prognostication skills to the test. BGO runs the most competitive NFL Pickem contest you'll find anywhere. Last season, it was micks113 who came out on top and won an autographed Redskins helmet. Maybe this year, you'll be crowned champion? This year's top prize will be an official NFL jersey customized to your choosing. Prizes will also be awarded to our 2nd through 4th place finishers. The 'Swami Award' is a special prize given to a player who has a perfect week of predictions, something never accomplished in 8 years of contests.

This year's contest will incorporate an all 'web-based' platform. If you played last year, you are all set and don't need to do a thing (if you've forgotten your log-in credentials, contact Boone who can provide them. All members should receive a BGO Newsletter inviting you to join this year's contest, including a link to our Pickem site. Once you set up your email and password, you should be ready to start picking games. If you are newly registering, please enter your BGO Username as your 'Alias'.

This year's rules will remain the same. Pick every game's winner and make sure you also fill in the score of the tie-breaker game by making your best guess as to the cumulative points that'll be scored. Those tie-breaker points could decide winners at the end of the year.

Remember that if you forget to pick an early Thursday game, you can still select winners for the remaining games, you'll just take a loss on the game you missed. Most wins picked at the end of the Super Bowl wins. We encourage you to play the pre-season games, especially this year since the software has changed, or if you've not competed in our Pickem contest previously.

If you do not receive a Newsletter invite, or if your original BGO registration email is no longer active, you can private message me a current email address and I'll send your invite right out. Don't worry - we don't share emails with any other entity at BGO - promise!

To register and make your picks each week, visit www.pocketofficepool.com

So what are you waiting for? Check your email box and register for the 2017 BGO NFL Pickem Contest.

Remember. In the end, there can be only one. :cheers:

Last edited:
Made my picks for first week of preseason...wasn't sure I was going to remember my password.. all is good.

Any word from Shi regarding FF?

I pinged him about it this weekend...stay tuned. I also asked McD5 about running the 'Survivor' contest again...

I pinged him about it this weekend...stay tuned. I also asked McD5 about running the 'Survivor' contest again...

Oh yeah, forgot about that...shouldn't I have a signature as the returning champ of Survivor? :ciao:

We will have a FF league again this year. Our previous commish is deciding if he can manage it this year - we'll start asking for names soon :cheers:

***bumpity bump***

Remember that if you have previously played the BGO NFL Pickem Contest, you are all set (PM me if you've forgotten your log-in info). If you haven't played Pickem previously, just post up in this thread and we'll get you all set up.

1st prize wins a customized NFL jersey, and we have some great runner up prizes as well.

It's a no-brainer :)

Play, or be lame. It's up to you.

No - if you want to use preseason to get refamiliarized with the software, that's fine, but the games don't count. Regular season and playoff games only.

Still plenty of time to join us for the 2017 NFL Pickem Contest. Some great prizes to top 4 finishers. PM me if you want to play this year. If you played last year you are all set!

Did anyone else try it in the preseason? I know it doesn't count and I didn't have any issues with using it but I never saw anyone else in the recap reports. Maybe that's only available after the commish sends the link (don't remember - second thing that goes is memory) or it's only available in the regular season..

I don't need that link if that's the case just making sure that I am using it right.

I have to lock the week before you can see results other than your own, and I didn't bother with it in preseason. It'll work perfectly on regular season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure that it'll work perfectly during the season, Thanx.

Still a couple of days left to sign-up to play the 2017 BGO NFL Pickem Contest. Top prize this year is a customized NFL jersey. Reply in this thread or PM Boone if you haven't played previously but would like to join the contest this year, or if you have played previously but have forgotten your log-in information.

So, the Tiebreaker Points is guessing the total points scored by both teams combined on the Monday Night Game, in case you tie for first place with someone else that week ; Is that correct ?
If it involves points scored in the MNF game, then what if there are 2 MNF games that week ?

The tie breaker game is always identified each week by team. Tie breaker points are only relevant if there is a tie for total wins predicted at the end of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still time to sign up to play this year's contest. If you've played previously, you're all set (PM me if you need your log-in information). Remember to make your picks prior to the Thursday night contest. You can still make picks for Sunday games even if you miss a Thursday night game - but every game counts so try not to forget.

If you haven't played NFL Pickem before - join us - it's a blast and there are some great prizes to our top 4 finishers! Just post here or PM Boone if you want to join, but do it today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.