• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Bruce Allen Official Statement on Cousins Offer

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
794dd4843e453dfdec7c64e7f206829f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Media on Twitter pounding on Allen for being 'classless' and release of contract offer details being 'unprecedented'.

I don't know what I think on that front. On the one hand, the facts are the facts. If Allen doesn't provide any info, the incessant narrative is that the Redskins didn't make a serious offer and it's all on the stupid front office. The biggest and most surprising detail in the document imho is that Cousins agent never presented an offer or made a counter-offer. That is the truth teller right there.

On the other hand, I think releasing the details is a pretty good indicator that the team knows there's no way in hell Kirk is signing a LTD in DC - EVER. If there was a reasonable chance Kirk was actually speaking the truth and that he is open to a LTD to keep him in B&G, I don't see them doing anything that cast Cousins in a negative light or make it look like he's all about the money (which apparently, is pretty accurate).

I'd have preferred the Front Office just take the high road. But as we all know, that's never really been their thang, has it?

Yeah that contract is far more than generous. At this point it would benefit both parties to seek trade.

I'm okay with the press statement, skins have been accused of lowballing the whole time.

It will be interesting to see if KC and his agent use the anchoring negotiation strategy next year. If they come with such a high ball figure than we know he is gone to 49ers.

I just feel Lynch and Shanahan (Mike) probably have some friends, or former players, or teammates in Cousins and/or agent's ear telling him just wait until next year. There is probably no way to prove it, but just don't trust them. They want to get back at Snyder.

That's an awful lot of money for a QB who shits the bed in big moments. What I don't get about the Shanahan reference is that KC1 wasn't playing at this level until he was in Gruden's system... a system that is, in Gruden's own words, pretty QB-friendly. No QB on this team excelled in 2013, the last year Kyle's offense was here.

Nick

Trade him by the trading deadline, or release him 30 seconds before the trading deadline.

#8 is now, Greedy Bastard.

I really don't think it's greed. The fact that his agent never made a counter-offer the whole year, means it really was not about the money.
It's one of 2 things

1) Absolutely does not want to play for this team under any circumstances, for a variety of possible reasons.
2) Intent on joining Kyle

It's greed. Whether it's for money, control, or revenge. It's still greed.

Regardless. I wouldn't wait for 2018.

They should name Colt McCoy starter, immediately.
Start taking offers for trades, immediately.
If a great deal comes along, take it, immediately.
If not, take whatever we can get by this years trading deadline.
If no takers, he can ride the pine, inactive, until the trading deadline. Then, just release him. He doesn't want to be here.
We're screwed out of the money either way. His presence is now a cancer.

Greedy Bastard can eat shit and die.

Why would Kirk ever sign a deal here when he got low balled to begin with and now the de facto GM put contract details out to the public?

Bruce Allen is just Vinny Cerratto in a different suit.

Both clueless.

I am leaning toward DP's thought on Allen with this one. I bet if McGloughan is here, this deal gets done. By releasing this, it just goes to show the front office is still a cluster ****.

To think, I thought things actually started to look like we'd be ok with much of the off-season acquisitions after I was concerned about the circus act in the front office with the McLovin firing. Now? This team is destined for mediocrity at best as long as Snyder owns the team, I'm convinced of it...and that looks like most of the rest of my life.

I will not be attending single game this year.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the team’s offer that included more than $53 million guaranteed at signing covered the $23.94 million franchise tag in 2017 and the $28.72 million transition tag in 2018, and then some (by a little). The problem is that the team wanted four more non-guaranteed years after that.

In other words, the team wanted a two-year commitment and then a series of four one-year options. Cousins wasn’t inclined to commit to a deal that committed him (but not the team) from 2019 through 2022.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ith-cousins-with-four-of-them-not-guaranteed/

It is my humble AFSO (adjusted for skinsorlando) opinion that there are several observations, perceptions and conclusions to be derived on past history with the Redskins FO. However, I'll stick with what we "know" to be "facts" at this time. The Redskins made a good offer, a very good offer for a qb that has questionable performances in grab your d*** and make it happen time. What we also know, it appears Kirk was never hell bent, or even slightly bent on doing a long term deal. None of this actually surprises me, look only Kirk knows his true motivation, maybe he doesn't want to be here, ok, maybe he feels looking at the Redskins available cap space that if he performs this year he gets a bigger deal next year, maybe he's got an agent banking on FA next year and to have a cash cow, this we don't know. I think many know I'm not enamored with Kirk but the deal Allen has presented I'd have said ok, think we overpaid a bit but its continuity and that counts as an intangible that needs to be paid for. How I read this is, Kirk wants to cash out while he can, he'll be 29 in a month, he knows this might be his only chance at some team pulling a Texans and just dumping the truck for him (albeit much better resume than Ozziewilly). There's too many variables on Kirk's side to say the team dropped the ball, who cares if his feelings were hurt after 15 with one season under his belt, the team opened the wallet, Kirk might just want the whole damn piggy bank. In the end, its how other sports have been for years, football is just starting to catch up on in only a few select retire where they started.

$20 says he signs for less with 9ers next yr just cause he can. It'll be something like "see, it was never about the $".

If there's one thing positive to come of all this we've FINALLY figured out how to stop media leaks.

I don't know if there is any trade market available, but I'd trade him if possible. The profootballtalk article might be right that it was about the non-guaranteed years. But Kirk and his agent never counter offered, so what does that say? He doesn't want to be here. Time to cut the cord and get what we can....assuming there is a market.

I don't know if there is any trade market available, but I'd trade him if possible. The profootballtalk article might be right that it was about the non-guaranteed years. But Kirk and his agent never counter offered, so what does that say? He doesn't want to be here. Time to cut the cord and get what we can....assuming there is a market.

What does it say?

Basically, "If you're not going to give us a serious offer, there's no need to counter."

That's what it says.

What does it say?

Basically, "If you're not going to give us a serious offer, there's no need to counter."

That's what it says.

Maybe...I think it depends on what conversations they had. Did the agent say, give us a few more guaranteed years and then we'll talk? TO be fair, I don't know what is standard negotiating within the NFL. How often do agents make official counter offers versus talking about broad parameters?

I suppose we won't know what they discussed unless someone starts leaking details. Which with this group anything is possible.

Disagree. It says 'I already know I'm out of D.C. at the earliest opportunity and I'm not interested in negotiating'. The idea that the Redskins didn't make him a serious offer' is Twitter nonsense. Cousins isn't Aaron Rodgers - he just apparently believes we should act as if he is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.