• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Om Field: Jim Haslett ... really?

Welp, looks like you called it Om...

WASH POST REDSKINS ALERT: Jim Haslett and Redskins strike a deal that makes Haslett the team's new defensive coordinator. MORE @ http://www.washingtonpost.com
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Have to admit, not looking forward to the 3-4....we'll see.

Agreed Utah. I just don't see enough of the right personnel here to run it now and so much of the real talent here is not suited to transition to the 3-4 (IMHO of course).

Haslett has run both the 4-3 and the 3-4 defense, its not a given that we'll definitely see one or the other. In fact, I think we're more likely to see a base 4-3 with lots of 3-4 looks like Schwartz and company used so effectively in Tennessee with Haynesworth.

I remain open and willing to be convinced that Haslett's record as DC is anything other than what it appears to be ... pedestrian.

New Orleans

1996 – 13th overall (20th scoring, 3rd passing, 27th rushing)

Pittsburgh

1997 – 6th overall (11th scoring, 18th passing, 1st rushing)
1998 – 12th overall (7th scoring, 18th passing, 13th rushing)
1999 – 11th overall (12th scoring, 4th passing, 26th rushing)

St. Louis

2006– 23rd overall (28th scoring, 8th passing, 31st rushing)
2007 – 21st overall (31st scoring, 21st passing, 20th rushing)

Particularly given his time in Pittsburgh saw the defense regress after being 2nd in the league the year before he got there, then improve again after he left.

Guess I'll be doing some more digging into the specific circumstances in each of his DC tenures for mitigation that makes me a little more excited about his prospects for doing anything special here in Washington.

Haslett has run both the 4-3 and the 3-4 defense, its not a given that we'll definitely see one or the other. In fact, I think we're more likely to see a base 4-3 with lots of 3-4 looks like Schwartz and company used so effectively in Tennessee with Haynesworth.

This. I see a lot of people panicking that we do not have the personal for the 3-4. But its nowhere near a sure thing that we will be switching to a 3-4. His entire time at the Saints they ran a 4-3 I believe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.