• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Report any issues from recent changes here.

• Thread starter innovationbyinstinct
  • Start date
Thanks a bunch. Oh, and you deleted the twitter info. Uh, ok. I'll just continue to post the site info.

What do you mean? I am trying to get folks to use the ‘tweet' tags when posting tweets...

I didn't delete anything, just added the tags to the Twitter post #. If you don't see the Twitter post, refresh your screen. If you are talking about something else please explain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok then, where is the twitter tutorial? I've tried everything in the book - except the right thing.

Here's something that's been goin on a very long time, and is very frustrating.
The reason I havn't reported it, is because it doesn't happen every time, so I tend to let it slip my memory.
Sometimes, after typing a post, and then hitting reply, I get this :
"This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved.
(and these 2 options) Stay on Page ? Leave Page ?"

It's odd because it's the same kind of message you get as if you started to type a reply, but decide not to submit it, but instead close the browser window, or click somewhere outside the thread, without submitting the message.
However, that error message is occurring after just a simple, routine message submission.
And at first, it becomes confusing, because neither option sounds like it will submit the post.
I think if you choose, "Leave page" it submits the post, ironically, even though it confusingly sounds like it will leave without posting it, especially with the comment "data you have entered may not be saved".

I've seen that as well Fear, but I don't think it's a BGO-specific issue, more likely a browser rule of some kind. I'll keep an eye out if it happens here more than when I'm surfing elsewhere, but I don't think it has anything to do with the site.

And you guys must be easily frustrated :)

This site has been so slow to load ever since the change. Just getting tired of it. No other place on the internet has this problem for me - just here. So tired of it. The grass might be greener, but you never need to mow it. S L O W.

Please consider another change - for the better.

What 'change' are you referring to BB? We've upgraded almost every aspect of the site. We've not had a single complaint of slowness or slow loading (to my knowledge). It's something on your end brother - I promise :)

Please - if anyone else is experiencing site issues - let us know. This is the first we're hearing of any issues...

Edit: Sorry - I didn't notice you posted this in the original bug thread after we did all our updates. In our mind, all of the major bugs/issues were resolved long ago. @Elephant IDed another one recently, but it appears it was browser-specific. Other than that we aren't aware of any remaining bugs/issues. Definitely haven't had anyone complain of site slowness until now.

Last edited:
It's not on my end. It started happening with the change. Not all the time, but enough to finally get to me. Today has been slow at times. Pretty much the same as other days. There are good days and bad days. All other sites load fine. That's just the way it is.

I hate that you're having issues - but it seems to be limited to you (if it's impacting anyone else, we aren't aware). It may have started with the upgrades being implemented, but we aren't aware of anyone else having problems. I hate it for you, and I'd love to fix it but I don't know exactly what we can do about it since it's only you and we have no idea what the problem could be.

Have you tried to access the site with various browsers to see if it happens regardless of which one you're using? Are you accessing with a laptop, tablet of some kind, phone?

Give us a little more info brother...

Last edited:
@Burgundy Burner , I'm not currently having problems, but a while back there was a time that I had similar problems with the slow site, and it was only with BGO.
And I fixed it, using a Firefox addon. I don't know if you're using Firefox, or if this will help you, but I it was an addon for java scripts to keep them from slowing down the site.

Last edited:
Tried posting a link and received this message. Any ideas on how to post it?

D8B52356-B148-4A42-9E2F-9E255B40AEA5.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.