• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Report any issues from recent changes here.

• Thread starter innovationbyinstinct
  • Start date

innovationbyinstinct

Hello all! We've made some recent changes to the site, primarily hosting. An upgrade to the software will be performed today, please report any errors you have in this thread OR email mike@urljet.com ;).

Please Note: Some functionality of the site is temporarily disabled - Please report major issues only i.e. blank pages, odd code on page etc if it exist. We're working on restoring functionality now.

You may report significant bugs here, just realize that the planned for upgrade of the site is still in progress, so any bugs you experience now may not be an issue once we have overhauled the site. We hope to have the final upgrade complete by no later than a week from now.

Thanks Fear. This is just a temporary upgrade/patch to keep the site functional until we are ready to flip the switch on the big ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike,
I'm unable to post a CMS article to the home page. In this case I was trying to 'Promote to Article' a member post. Not a big issue at present but will want it to function with the final upgrade obviously.

Um where's the circus midget avatar I may or may not have been promised?

Not a huge deal but when I click on the 'sons of Washington' link I get this

IMG_3160.jpg

Ummm yeah, it's a big deal since that's our main football forum. Breadcrumbs not working correctly either.

Was able to fix the forums access but currently getting a database error when trying to start a new thread.

We've completed one more software upgrade just now. Some were experiencing a few issues before, those should now be resolved. Please report any issues you find and thanks for the feedback above :D.

Please Note: Certain functions on the site such as the Arcade and Member Map will not be usable until updated, there is no need to report errors such as those.

Last edited:
I saw the new notifications feature with the 'Thanks' and 'Likes',
But when you click the link to go the post, for each one, it takes you to posts that are from 4 years ago, and it's not even a Liked or Thanked post, so not only is it years old, but the thank/like notification isn't applicable to the post. And of course, we didn't even have the "Thank feature" 4 years ago, which makes it even more puzzling :)

Also, I saw that a bunch of posts that were posted several days ago disappeared. That's happened previously during this upgrade, but they eventually reappeared each time, however this time, they havn't reappeared, even though days have passed.

I am actively working on the Post Thanks/Likes mod - so don't worry about that one for right now (although I'm not really sure what you are saying if you want to be clearer on what you are seeing?). On the posts, all 5 of them :), those are gone. We had to do a restore so that's just a result of that.

although I'm not really sure what you are saying if you want to be clearer on what you are seeing?

When I hit the drop-down for the Thanks/Likes, it will tell me the actual post number, for example Post #163,497, and the name of the thread, and I click the link to the post, it takes me to the very first page and first post of the thread. And what's even more puzzling, is the thread does not even go nearly that high in post quantity, As example, one is Random Thought Thread, and even though it tells me the post is #163,497, the thread only goes up to 20,387 posts.

And just to clarify, I'm not complaining, just thought this might be helpful information for you all, in your troubleshooting.

Not taken that way brother - I sincerely appreciate it! :cheers: and sorry if I sounded testy. I've been working non-stop on this stuff. I see what you are talking about now. I'm rebuilding some post and thread counters and we'll see if that fixes it. I think I've got most of the functionality worked out, just working on aesthetics now. This is a really powerful add-on. I'm going kind of minimalist with what I have turned on. There's even a 'dislike' button but that's not what we're about. You can pretty much build a button for anything in this software. I'm thinking a 'Post of the Year!' button might be cool :)

Mystery solved Fear. Sheesh. So, I am testing (and if I'm being honest, trying to figure the functionality of this Thanks/Likes mod out) as I go and therefore was liking and thanking on posts at the start of threads like the 'Random Redskins Thoughts' thread. So as often happens in the IT world, the 'software is functioning as designed'.

IE...it works fine, I'm just screwing around and it looks like something is broken :)

Just thanked and liked your post. Does it show up as so?

DOES IT?!!??!

Why yes, yes it does. I thank you and like you too. Are you aware?

Why yes, yes it does. I thank you and like you too. Are you aware?

I am!
Not at all complaining but fyi likes and quoted responses do not show up on notifications like they used to. No big deal just passing it along

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.