• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Report any issues from recent changes here.

• Thread starter innovationbyinstinct
  • Start date
Our url is https://www.bgobsession.com. We installed an SSL certificate in order to avoid getting flagged a number of months ago. Are you still reaching the site using just the 'http:' url? If so - that's likely your problem....

I will check our firewall vendor, but as far as I know we haven't been 'flagged' since implementing some major security upgrades...

*** doesn't seem to matter if you use 'https' - still flags as a 'Medium Risk'... I have no idea. I did submit a review request and communicated the security measures we have in place. There is zero rationale for us not having a clean bill of health.

Got this response today

"Thank you for sending this URL to us for review. Upon review, the rating has been adjusted in the next GTI Database release. Please allow up to a few hours for the rating to be updated.

After a few hours you may refer to trustedsource.org to view the updated categorization for the site."

It appears it is now listed as a 'Minimal Risk'.

Cool. Thanks for taking the time to do that. I'm not a huge fan of some of the over-regulation of the web we are seeing. Like Google deciding that unless you go out and spend $$ to install an SSL certificate, that you'll be flagged as a 'malicious site' - just ridiculous that one company can impose a requirement that forces every website in the universe to spend funds in order not to suffer negative consequences. This is the world we now live in though.

Any of the links included in messages lead to an 'unable to connect' message. I then have to manually type in the https.bgobsession.com to get to the front page, then go to the forums from there. For example, I just received an email notification that Boone had just posted (about Charlottesville), and when I clicked on the link, it went to a non-existent page that was unable to connect.

Any of the links included in messages lead to an 'unable to connect' message. I then have to manually type in the https.bgobsession.com to get to the front page, then go to the forums from there. For example, I just received an email notification that Boone had just posted (about Charlottesville), and when I clicked on the link, it went to a non-existent page that was unable to connect.

I will check this. You don't have to receive emails when someone Quotes you or Likes a post - you can turn that off on your Settings menu.

As for the links, I wondering if you have cleared your browser cache (delete your browser history, clear cookies, etc...)? Sounds like your browser may be trying to take you the old site pages. Let me check on this on my end though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I click on a forum like Sons of Washington I get the following result-

[h=1]Not Found[/h]The requested URL /sons-washington/ was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This is using this URL-

https://www.bgobsession.com/sons-washington

I have not cleared my cache. That is a pita for so many reasons.

I'm getting logged off every two minutes. I really don't want to keep logging in constantly when I want to stay for more than a few.

I'm getting logged off every two minutes. I really don't want to keep logging in constantly when I want to stay for more than a few.

BB - gotta believe this is something on your end. We've made zero changes to the site (nor can I think of a change that would 'log people out'...)?

When I click on a forum like Sons of Washington I get the following result-

[h=1]Not Found[/h]The requested URL /sons-washington/ was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This is using this URL-

https://www.bgobsession.com/sons-washington

I have not cleared my cache. That is a pita for so many reasons.

Do you mean that you've never cleared your cache since we upgraded the site? There's nothing I can do since some of the page url's have changed. Only solution is to clear your cache.

Have you cleared your browser cache/history?

I can do a password reset if you would like? If there was a login issue Fear, likely all users would be having it...

If you have a problem you can always email me at jjeffries2@triad.rr.com or send a 'Contact Us' email which I will also receive...

Thanks for the quick response.
I swear it was not user error, because I was double-checking everything, and even had the issue when allowing the auto-complete info to log in. Strange that I was the only one with the problem, but just glad it's over.

Who knows man? We've had every kind of bizarre issue you can imagine with the upgrades we did this year. I suspect this one was something on you end but let us know if you have more issues :cheers:

Thanks for the quick response.
I swear it was not user error, because I was double-checking everything, and even had the issue when allowing the auto-complete info to log in. Strange that I was the only one with the problem, but just glad it's over.

Fear - when you were having your issue (you edited your original post unfortunately), were you getting the 'you've attempted to log-in 5 times and will have to wait 15 minutes before attempting again' message? I just got that myself. It makes me think that perhaps we have spammers trying to log-in under legitimate usernames and that's why I suddenly got that message.

Anytime a member, or someone else, tries to log-in under a specific username and doesn't enter the correct info in 5 attempts, your account is locked for 15 minutes.

Please let me know if this is what you were seeing.

Fear - when you were having your issue (you edited your original post unfortunately), were you getting the 'you've attempted to log-in 5 times and will have to wait 15 minutes before attempting again' message? I just got that myself. It makes me think that perhaps we have spammers trying to log-in under legitimate usernames and that's why I suddenly got that message.

Anytime a member, or someone else, tries to log-in under a specific username and doesn't enter the correct info in 5 attempts, your account is locked for 15 minutes.

Please let me know if this is what you were seeing.

It's happening again today.
On another device, that I happened to have logged out on, I couldn't log back in.
So fortunately I could go on another device that I was still logged into BGO, to post the problem.
So, on the device I was initially logged out of BGO on, I used auto-complete for both my username and password, which I always successfully use up until now.
It does not specifically say that I used "5 login attempts." But something similar.
I cleared my cache, rebooted, and still could not log in.
This is the exact message :

"Wrong username or password. You have used up your failed login quota ! Please wait 15 minutes before trying again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password ? Click here"

If someone is really trying to hack into my account, wouldn't it just say I've been blocked, and not say "wrong username and password" ? That last part makes no sense because it has to be correct, since I'm using auto-complete.

Strange that I had the issue the other day. Then it went away. Now it's back again.
And I'm the only one ?

EDIT - just tried again 6 hours later, and logged in fine now, using the same auto-complete info that it denied earlier today.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.