• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Report any issues from recent changes here.

• Thread starter innovationbyinstinct
  • Start date
I am!
Not at all complaining but fyi likes and quoted responses do not show up on notifications like they used to. No big deal just passing it along

This is a very complex mod - that may be an option - I'll look at it.

Yea, I can see how that might not be popular. Maybe instead of 'dislike', a 'disagree' would be better ? Just a thought.

Hey, who disagreed with this post and why ? :p
Now it's anonymous rating of posts. Not sure I like that.
Hopefully this person just disagreed, to 'test out' the new disagree function. :)

Could be? Don't worry, we'll zero it all out soon... :)

I am!
Not at all complaining but fyi likes and quoted responses do not show up on notifications like they used to. No big deal just passing it along

Okay - I've turned that on. You'll get notifications like you do PM notifications when someone clicks on something. You will also get push notifications on your phone if you have those enabled in Tapatalk.

Hey, who disagreed with this post and why ? :p
Now it's anonymous rating of posts. Not sure I like that.
Hopefully this person just disagreed, to 'test out' the new disagree function. :)

It's not anonymous - if you click the number next to the item it opens up and shows you who Thanked, Liked, Disagreed, or thought you made the Post of the Year. There's also the option to list everyone out without having to click anything but it's pretty obnoxious looking...

Little update...

1. We are working on getting our Arcade, Member Map, Chatroom, and BGO Messenger (mobile chat/IM app) software back up and running. Those 4 items are not yet functional so no need to report.

2. We have added a Post-Thanks/Likes feature so please start using that as you like and let us know if you see any issues or have questions.

3. We also enabled 'Forum Runner' capability on BGO. If you want a different option other than Tapatalk (or use an Android phone and want to be able to access BGO on it), you can download the 'Forum Runner' app. Links to app versions are on the Home Page. Btw - Tapatalk recently added 'ads' (they call them 'Suggested content' - but its ads :)). You can get rid of current and all future ads within the Tapatalk app for a small fee. We can't turn them off - you have to pony up individually or live with them.

Most of our other add-ons/modifications have been updated and are working fine. Please let us know if you spot any bugs or issues so that we can continue cleaning those up.

Last edited:
3. We also enabled 'Forum Runner' capability on BGO. If you want a different option other than Tapatalk (or use an Android phone and want to be able to access BGO on it), you can download the 'Forum Runner' app. Links to app versions are on the Home Page.

Scratch that. Although Forum Runner appears fine, when you attempt to open up threads it crashes. This is a known issue with the most recent vBulletin upgrade. If they fix it, I'll put the information back up, but word is that app is no longer supported. From what I saw, it was a poor substitute for Tapatalk anyway.

Odd, I don't see my posts in this thread anymore.

However, adding the "s", to http, ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssolved my issue.

BTW, where's the "What Would Ax Do" button?

We had to do a database restore and last a day or two's worth of posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a new newsletter application that's supposed to send an email newsletter out. I am questioning if it is working so if anyone has received it please let me know.

Always feel like I'm nitpicking when I post an issue here, total opposite of that. Great site you've guys built & kept going.

This upgrade has really put our desire to keep it going to the test. We are almost done, but man, it has been one thing after another. We appreciate you guys pointing out issues - that's never a problem :)

This started happening a few weeks ago.
Whenever I post a picture, it shows up completely blank in the post.
It happens whether I use a link to the pic, or attach the pic.
But the really odd thing is, the first 2 or 3 times I display the page/post, it shows up. But after that, each time I go back to it, the picture is gone from the post. So, I know it's not a user error. And it happens on multiple different devices too. So I know it's not 'device error'.

Last edited:
Can you give me links to posts you are seeing this with? And you are saying it happens both with linking an image with img tags AND with uploading? And is this from a pic/laptop or when posting from a phone via Tapatalk? I am not seeing this occur but that doesn't mean anything.

Can you give me links to posts you are seeing this with? And you are saying it happens both with linking an image with img tags AND with uploading? And is this from a pic/laptop or when posting from a phone via Tapatalk? I am not seeing this occur but that doesn't mean anything.

As an example, my post today in Random Redskin Thought thread...

https://www.bgobsession.com/sons-washington/59649-random-redskins-thoughts-1021.html

That one is IMG tags. It has also happened with uploading the pic.
I've always thought of the IMG tags as being "linked to an image", so I'm not exactly sure what's involved with linking images.
It's happened on 3 different devices - one laptop and 2 different desktops - and 3 different operating systems, and 2 different browsers.
I don't access from a phone or tapatalk.

We have resolved the [img] tag issue. The Member Map is now working and accessible, as are the BGO Chatrooms and BGO Messenger app. We continue to work on fixing our Arcade template. If you spot other issues or have questions, please let us know!

We have installed an automated site Newsletter application that sends members a summary of site activity periodically via email. We had an email issue that was blocking sending of emails but that's now resolved. If you receive a newsletter would you please respond here and let us know?

We have installed an automated site Newsletter application that sends members a summary of site activity periodically via email. We had an email issue that was blocking sending of emails but that's now resolved. If you receive a newsletter would you please respond here and let us know?

Bumping this post - if anyone sees a newsletter come to them via email (I believe it'll be titled 'BGO Blast') please let me know.

Please let me know if you have received an email newsletter titled 'BGO Blast'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.