• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Make Roster Moves 5/4/17

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
May 4, 2017

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins signed the following college free agents:

PLAYER POS. HT. WT. COLLEGE
Brandon Banks DL 6-3 287 Charlotte
Tyler Catalina G 6-6 314 Georgia
Levern Jacobs WR 5-11 185 Maryland
Kyle Kalis G 6-4 308 Michigan
Zach Pascal WR 6-2 219 Old Dominion
Ondre Pipkins DL 6-3 325 Texas Tech
James Quick WR 6-0 186 Louisville
Fish Smithson S 5-11 190 Kansas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For Immediate Release
May 4, 2017

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

Damn. Someone bulked up.

That caught my eye too...lol...

The Return of Mighty Mouse!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure which new o-linemen sticks around or not but ya gotta wonder if Lava & Kouandjio are done here.

Lauvao has photos on someone in the front office or owner's box.

That's the only reason I can think of that he is even still in the DISCUSSION to start on the OL.

There were enough solid veteran OL in free agency we could have signed for the $5M that Lauvao is counting against the cap for, or even less to play LG.

I thought that Lauvao played pretty well until he was injured. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

For Immediate Release
May 4, 2017

Tyler Catalina G 6-6 314 Georgia
Levern Jacobs WR 5-11 185 Maryland
Kyle Kalis G 6-4 308 Michigan
Zach Pascal WR 6-2 219 Old Dominion
James Quick WR 6-0 186 Louisville
Fish Smithson S 5-11 190 Kansas

So Nico Marley never actually signed huh.
Man's got an intense glare.
Check it at 00:26

Last edited:

Great name. Can't wait to see this guy in pads.

Great name. Can't wait to see this guy in pads.

Yeah would be nice to see if he can anchor that line, but 325 seems small in today's standards for someone we desperately need to anchor our DL. I sure hope they don't try to anchor the line with Allen!

Allen at 6'3 and 286 is a penetrator. We can't use him as a true NT to clog up the middle and take on blockers, that's a waste of his talent, and as important he wouldn't hold up in that role.

We are going to have to move him around based on the situation, down and distance.

Seems pretty clear we're going to see a rotation at NT for the 12-15 plays per game we're in base 3-4. Phil Taylor is getting the most mentions from the Park, so I'm thinking he'll get the first shot at 'starting' and getting the bulk of those snaps. But I'm pretty sure that between now and opening day we're going to see a LOT of bodies rotating in and out of the middle.

If we were talking 25-30 snaps a game I think I'd be more angsty about this than I am ... but yeah, it sure would be nice to know going in that we have a guy we know can and will do the job at an NFL level.

Allen at 6'3 and 286 is a penetrator. We can't use him as a true NT to clog up the middle and take on blockers, that's a waste of his talent, and as important he wouldn't hold up in that role.

We are going to have to move him around based on the situation, down and distance.

I know what he is, but we used Kedric Gholston as an NT, so...

Seems pretty clear we're going to see a rotation at NT for the 12-15 plays per game we're in base 3-4. Phil Taylor is getting the most mentions from the Park, so I'm thinking he'll get the first shot at 'starting' and getting the bulk of those snaps. But I'm pretty sure that between now and opening day we're going to see a LOT of bodies rotating in and out of the middle.

If we were talking 25-30 snaps a game I think I'd be more angsty about this than I am ... but yeah, it sure would be nice to know going in that we have a guy we know can and will do the job at an NFL level.

Om, the problem will be what we ran into in the playoff game aginst Green Bay last year, the Packers made no substitutions so we could not and our DL was exhausted by the beginning of the 4th Q. We need someone to rely on who can last more than a series to anchor that line, NT by committee is nice and all, but we need someone who would be ok with an entire series late in the game like the great ones do, i.e, BJ Raji when he anchored that Green Bay defense that won a Super Bowl.

And Fear, there have only been a handful of truly great NT's in the league's history. Not an easy task to take on 2 interior OL, and last very long to boot.

It seems the hope is for Taylor at NT but seriously doubtful that he is going to be an every down kinda guy, at least this year, after spending the last two years out because of his knees. Without a house in at nose tackle for every play maybe you just cheat a guy like Murphy near the line on the inside to help out once in awhile.

So far it looks like the Redskins have picked up many guys that they can move around on defense without getting tagged out so that's going to help. I'm sure the defensive play calling from the sidelines will be less convoluted than it was in 2016, another help.

Yes, it is puzzling why the Redskins continue to run a defensive system where the essential elements, NT and rush linebacker, seem to be the hardest things for this team to find.

Something has to give in 2017 with the log-jam we have at outside linebacker.

Add Ryan Anderson to a group that already includes Kerrigan, Galette, Murphy, etc.

This is the year to establish who the keepers are and who we need to move on from.

I know what he is, but we used Kedric Gholston as an NT, so...

True, but Kedric goes 6-4, 330. I realize that he is not coming back, but I wouldn't mind giving him a one yr, vet minimum.

True, but Kedric goes 6-4, 330. I realize that he is not coming back, but I wouldn't mind giving him a one yr, vet minimum.

I'm sorry, but wherever you get the size chart listing Gholston that big are stretching it...I've stood next to the man many times...he is not that big.

From the Redskins site:
Washington Redskins: Kedric Golston

From the NFL:
Kedric Golston, DE for the Washington Redskins at NFL.com

From Rotoworld:
Kedric Golston - Washington Redskins - 2017 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

From WaPo:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...on-on-injured-reserve/?utm_term=.c2b394ddaaf3

From CBS:
Kedric Golston, DE, Washington Redskins, NFL - CBSSports.com

In earlier years, he played at a lighter weight. In recent years, the current weight (unless he has lost weight during the 2017 offseason).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.