• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

57 Mocks Munched! Suh Consensus No. 1, Bradford for Skins

I recently read that we would probably go QB in 2nd round. Bradford may drop to 2nd round unless has a good combine and Senior Bowl.

I doubt he is ready to go for the Senior Bowl. There is some serious doubt that he will be ready to throw in time for the Combine.

As accurate as he is, I just worry about Bradford being a bit frail. I'd still prefer OL in the first two rounds and perhaps grab a guy like Central Michigan's Dan Lefevour in the fourth round. If we're definitely going QB in round 1, I'd prefer Jimmy Clausen. He's closer to NFL ready and the guy has been under the microscope since high school so he's more likely to handle the pressure and scrutiny early in his career.

I also like Jimmy Clausen over Sam Bradford based on college film, but I'll trust Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan to make the right decision if they decide to draft a quarterback that high.

Shanahan is going to draft a quarterback in 2010 as he should.

Even if Campbell comes back there is little behind him in Colllins (39) and Brennan (27) of note.

But my guess is that Mike will draft a quarterback AFTER he has secured a LT.

LT is simply too important to the pass offense to let the position go and hope to find a stop gap.

We did that in 2008 and 2009 when Samuels went down and look at how things turned out.

I recently read that we would probably go QB in 2nd round. Bradford may drop to 2nd round unless has a good combine and Senior Bowl.

No chance that Bradford will slip to the 2nd round. He will still be a top 15 pick.

As accurate as he is, I just worry about Bradford being a bit frail. I'd still prefer OL in the first two rounds and perhaps grab a guy like Central Michigan's Dan Lefevour in the fourth round. If we're definitely going QB in round 1, I'd prefer Jimmy Clausen. He's closer to NFL ready and the guy has been under the microscope since high school so he's more likely to handle the pressure and scrutiny early in his career.

i can go with something like this as well.

wait and see of course but we need to look hard into the OL first then go from there.

No chance that Bradford will slip to the 2nd round. He will still be a top 15 pick.

I agree, although I think he could be like Aaron Rodgers and Brady Quinn, and drop into the mid-20s. Although a LOT of this depends on how his shoulder heals.

Assuming his workouts show a completely, and I do mean COMPLETELY, healed and recovered shoulder, sure. Otherwise, even if his doc says he will be fine, all beats are off.

The Rams have spent their last 2 first round picks on the DL and their last 3 on defense.
They desperately need a quarterback.
I think the consensus that they will take Suh is absurd. It completely ignores their largest and most glaringly obvious weakness.

~Bang

The Rams have spent their last 2 first round picks on the DL and their last 3 on defense.
They desperately need a quarterback.
I think the consensus that they will take Suh is absurd. It completely ignores their largest and most glaringly obvious weakness.

~Bang

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the Rams take the Offensive Tackle Jason Smith last year in the draft?

I think it is a question on whether they go with need or best player in the draft. The number one need is QB, no doubt but Berry or Suh are the best players coming out. However, since it breaks some kind of unwritten rule that you can only take a QB, LT or pass rusher with the 1st overall pick that means Berry is out. With the Left Tackle in place they could be thinking QB but with Steve Spagnuolo as the head coach you got to think defense is a possibility.

Or, like us they need so much so bad, that they are looking to trade that pick. This year, they might find someone willing with the talent that Suh apparently has.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the Rams take the Offensive Tackle Jason Smith last year in the draft?

You're right,, my mistake. The previous two drafts they went DL.

I still think they need a QB. Bulger is not going to be there, and even if he is, he's just not effective any more.

~Bang

I agree. Plus it makes since that they got there LT gave him a year in the NFL and now he should be ready to protect there new franchise QB.

I think the Skins should fix the offense line before they let a QB that they actually care about anywhere near the ball.

I think the Skins should fix the offense line before they let a QB that they actually care about anywhere near the ball.

I TOTALLY agree with this. More times than not, QBs bust because they are killed early in their career. The Jets give a prime example of how it works in the opposite direction.

~Bang

Agreed. Sanchez this year and Flacco last year. They had a great offensive line and a killer running game in place and then they got the QB.

I don't think one can decide LT vs. QB in the 1st in the abstract. We need both positions, and both are worthy of a 4th overall pick, if a player of that quality is there. (I'm generally a trade-down guy, but putting that aside for this post.)

The real question to me is Okung vs. Clausen (or Bradford), not LT vs. QB. (Of course, one has to take into account the relevant alternative, in terms of whom we could bring back or bring in, whom we could draft later on, etc.)

And at this point in the off-season, before I've had an opportunity to fully digest what various people spout off on the internet, I'm not yet ready to pretend I have an informed opinion.

I totally agree. I will take it a step further. What about need. We had a QB that had average numbers in 2009, with a terrible O-line and an average receiving core and no running game to speak of. My question is do we need a QB? He threw for over 3600 yards, 20 TD and a completion percentage of over 62%. Offensive Line, Linebacker and Running back. I think those are our needs.

I'm really high on Lefevour and think he would be a great pick. Like you said, he should be available in the mid rounds so it's not a huge gamble. A pick like that would also make more sense if Shanahan does in fact keep Campbell around for next season.

QB in round 1 has disaster written all over it IMO. Too many needs on the OL and now on defense if the rumors of switching to a 3-4 are true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.