• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Cousins to SF for the #2 pick? plus TW for a second rounder?

Both Garcon and Jackson signed lucrative deals at levels that, in my opinion, were not in the best interest of this team going forward considering their ages. I hate to lose talent as much as the next guy but appreciate the effort of the team to obtain younger, more reasonably compensated talent at this point.

Terrible, however, is not a characterization of the free agent results, so far, that I find particularly accurate.

Redskins fans never want to let players go - while simultaneously bemoaning that we don't operate more like consistent winners like the Patriots (who are famous for cutting star players loose BEFORE they significantly decline). We still have a lot of receiving talent, particularly if I'm dead wrong about Doctson and he returns to full health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sick and tired of hearing 'this is not the draft to find a NT' or similar comments.

The Redskins have to find a capable DT/NT to play the 3-4 defense and stop the run.

That's a MUST, whether it is in Round 1, 2, 3, 4 or whenever.

But I remember draftniks saying the same thing last year that 'there are DTs who can play the run but don't have upside as rushers'.

Again, you have to work the board to your benefit to get what you need.

If the best 'value' pick at #17 is a punter or a tight end then you MOVE OUT of that spot as New England does and make the board work for you, getting value later on with more picks.

Around here we seem hamstrung by the idea we have to stay at our pick and just hope a BPA that also fills a need is available.

In retrospect Allen did a credible job in 2014 making deals to move around Rounds 2 and 3 to bring in Murphy, Moses and Long.

Two of the three are starters and Murphy is a 100% effort player who has gotten better every year.

That's what you are looking for.

This year we need less of a focus on OL, but we sure could use help with athleticism and size on defense.

DT, OLB, ILB, Free Safety, Corner.

We need either starters or quality depth at all of those positions.

The bottom line is Kedric Golston (unsigned), Matt Ioannidis, Ziggy Hood (natural DE) are not the answer at DT and so we have to FIND a way to grab a young DL in the draft we can select and develop into a front line performer for us.

How the draft board shakes down according to the draftniks is of minimal importance.

Even though there is no consensus QB or NT in this draft to be a 'can't miss' prospect, two years from now we will look back and IMO there will be at least ONE quarterback and ONE defensive tackle that comes out in 2017 and becomes a top performer.

Bottom line, our front office needs to find THAT player.

I am sick and tired of hearing 'this is not the draft to find a NT' or similar comments.

Lol, noone in this thread made any reference to a NT in the draft, or a similar comment.
Was this rant meant to go in the Random Thought Thread ?
BTW, just messin with you. So I'm not discouraging your rants. They are always stellar rants, that are welcomed and appreciated.

I'm not concerned about the NT position. Apparently Tomsula can create one out of twine, sticks, and glue.

Redskins fans never want to let players go - while simultaneously bemoaning that we don't operate more like consistent winners like the Patriots (who are famous for cutting star players loose BEFORE they significantly decline). We still have a lot of receiving talent, particularly if I'm dead wrong about Doctson and he returns to full health.

probably because we are a talent deficient team that isnt exactly brimming with young talent ready to step up

You mean young talent like Crowder, Reed, Doctson, and Pryor?

I'm pretty high on this years Offense. It has a lot of potential, just needs to realise that potential and as some of you have pointed out, that's far from a sure thing.

But the way I see it we've got players on relatively cheap deals, who are young and have good upside.

As much as I loved Garçon and DJax they were always going to be expensive and they're only going to get older and slower.

If Pryor and Doctson pan out we're in pretty good shape

Our receiveing corps last year was the best it's been since Monk, Clark and Sanders. Maybe even better as we had three legit WR threats, two legit TE threats and a RB who was dangerous out of the backfield. We will probably never see a unit that good or deep again, but the group we are going into this season with looks pretty decent. Just because it's not the best the Redskins have ever had doesn't mean it's not young or deep.

It's also never just about talent right now. By definition it has to be about anticipated production over the next 4-5 years, player age, contract impact, etc... That's why it's a lot easier being a fan than it is being a front office leader.

The only player I would trade Cousins and TW for, would be Gabriel Taylor....if that was somehow possible :)
Nah, even then I probably wouldn't want to trade Cousins till he's about 39 years old.

Last edited:
I'm not concerned about the NT position. Apparently Tomsula can create one out of twine, sticks, and glue.

& Matt Ioannidis? Or just the twine, sticks, and glue...

Actually, I believe Matt was entirely miscast as a NT last year. He couldn't play the position in college so no surprise he couldn't fill the spot in the pro's so I am gonna lay some blame on the staff for that. Kinda like Ziggy Hood, failed experiment at NT but considerably better once move to his actual position. I'm giving Ioannidis a flyer on last year and see how he shakes out in camp. Between the attempt at NT and then moving him back on the line afterwards with a group that wasn't that stable to start with and he saw very few snaps.

Maybe Matt Ioannidas will be our latest version of Morgan Moses. Also completely written off by many as a wasted, worthless pick destined for nothing.

Maybe Matt Ioannidas will be our latest version of Morgan Moses. Also completely written off by many as a wasted, worthless pick destined for nothing.

people wanted to cut him after his first year. Now he is a solid starter on the line. I wouldn't be surprised if Matt and that undrafted guy turned into solid players

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.