A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Trust us. We can fix it.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    17,357
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    93
    Marine Corps Virginia

    B Site Bug/Access Testing Help Needed

    We have completed our security upgrade but with the changes we have made to make BGO a far more secure site, we need to make sure you all have complete access to all of our features and add-ons. Anyone with a little time on your hands, if you could access the following features and let us know in this thread if you have any issues with access or functionality, we would really appreciate it:

    - Gallery (image gallery)
    - Arcade
    - BGO Chatrooms
    - Member Map
    - Blogs

    Any other pages or links on the Home Page or in our numerous menus that you could check would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any help you can provide
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  2. #2

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,038
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    All looks good to me on Safari. I checked all but chat.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    It is awesome to be ME.
    Proud BGO Premium Member since Day 1.
    (a/k/a Monte51Coleman)

  3. #3
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    08-02-09
    Location
    Wheeling, WV
    Posts
    592
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    We have completed our security upgrade but with the changes we have made to make BGO a far more secure site, we need to make sure you all have complete access to all of our features and add-ons. Anyone with a little time on your hands, if you could access the following features and let us know in this thread if you have any issues with access or functionality, we would really appreciate it:

    - Gallery (image gallery)
    - Arcade
    - BGO Chatrooms
    - Member Map
    - Blogs

    Any other pages or links on the Home Page or in our numerous menus that you could check would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any help you can provide
    I can pretty much access everything without issue now except chat..I don't have the popup at the bottom for chat in any of 3 browsers (Firefox,Chrome or IE)

    Sandy
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
    DocSandy

  4. #4

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    17,357
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    93
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default

    There's an issue with chat - not sure what happened there, likely something done with our new firewall that's causing an issue. I have a ticket open with cometchat to investigate that. Thanks for the heads up - it's not just you, chat is down.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  5. #5

    Join Date
    09-07-14
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    534
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    William and Mary

    Default

    I'm seeing the same thing. All good except no chat window.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  6. #6
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    09-28-10
    Location
    BGO's Official Resident "Tech Dummy"
    Posts
    9,019
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    I get these error messages frequently when I sign in :


    Invalid Redirect URL (https://www.bgobsession.com/forum.php)

    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_ui.php on line 975
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Sent from my Basic Flip Phone.
    Powered by Tomato Can Wireless.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    17,357
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    93
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fear The Spear View Post
    I get these error messages frequently when I sign in :


    Invalid Redirect URL (https://www.bgobsession.com/forum.php)

    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_ui.php on line 975
    Has anyone else seen this? Have you cleared your browser cache Fear? If you are accessing the site from a bookmarked link, you might want to delete that link and create a new one using 'https:' in front of the site address. The server should redirect any 'http' address to our new 'https' one, but I don't know if that's perfect every time.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  8. #8

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    17,357
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    93
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default

    I was able to fix the chatroom issue by tweaking some permissions. Please access the chatrooms and ensure you can post and let me know it's resolved on your all's end.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  9. #9
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    08-02-09
    Location
    Wheeling, WV
    Posts
    592
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    I was able to fix the chatroom issue by tweaking some permissions. Please access the chatrooms and ensure you can post and let me know it's resolved on your all's end.
    I am able to access chat and post in chat from Chrome, IE and Firefox.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
    DocSandy

  10. #10

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    17,357
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    93
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default

    Thanks Sandy
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  11. #11
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    09-28-10
    Location
    BGO's Official Resident "Tech Dummy"
    Posts
    9,019
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    Has anyone else seen this? Have you cleared your browser cache Fear? If you are accessing the site from a bookmarked link, you might want to delete that link and create a new one using 'https:' in front of the site address. The server should redirect any 'http' address to our new 'https' one, but I don't know if that's perfect every time.
    Sorry, I'm just now seeing your response, because I got overly dependent on the news feed on the right, to keep track of new posts, and somehow missed it. Also, I didn't get a notification that you quoted me. That lack of a notification happens sometimes, for some reason.

    Okay, I changed my bookmarked link to the https address, and I had no problem signing in, right after that. Although before, the error message didn't actually happen 100% of the time. But I'll stay hopeful, monitor it, and let you know if it happens again. Thanks for the tip.

    On a much more positive note, Boone, there was some constant bugs that continued for a long time, that have actually disappeared and resolved, after the recent change or upgrade to the site.

    For the past year or more, BGO always had difficulty properly loading due to some script on the site. So I installed the Firefox add-on "Yes Script". That solved that problem, but it was a trade-off, because the addition of Yes-Script actually disabled some functions of the site. For example, with Yes Script, I was completely unable to use the Like button, and I was unable to Multi-quote, and perhaps other features I can't remember. However, with the new changes to the site, I have no problems with the above issues, that i had been helplessly experiencing for the last year or 2 (well, except for the very first thing I mentioned, that I don't always get a notification when someone quotes me)
    Last edited by Fear The Spear; 04-10-17 at 03:53 PM.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Sent from my Basic Flip Phone.
    Powered by Tomato Can Wireless.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    17,357
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    93
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default

    Good to hear on both fronts. I think the site is running more quickly and is more stable since we've altered our server setup. We also removed a bunch of old defunct files that we no longer needed. We will also be upgrading to the latest vBulletin software soon, as well as updating our php version, both of which will make the site more secure and speedier.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. How do you access BGO from your phone?
    By Neophyte in forum Feedback & Tech Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-22-16, 05:43 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-14, 10:55 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-14, 09:47 PM
  4. PA Access for posting not working?
    By Snydershrugged in forum Feedback & Tech Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-31-13, 02:01 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •