• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO Site Security & Some Site Changes

You shouldn't be seeing that ... or anything other than the site for matter.

Can you tell us what browser (and version) you're using, plus if you don't mind, what antivirus you're running?

90% of the time I'm logging in with my iPhone 6, & safari I do believe is my browser. As far as antivirus I don't think there is one on iPhones, tho I could easily be wrong about that. Wasn't until recently and only once that I got that particular screen as well.

Edit: So this would be on my end instead of a site issue?

Last edited:
SiteLock was a precious vendor that we severed relations with - they have no access to our site so, yeah, that had to be come cached file or site link on you computer or phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SiteLock was a precious vendor that we severed relations with - they have no access to our site so, yeah, that had to be come cached file or site link on you computer or phone.

Gotcha, appreciate the info to look out for.

Hey BB/others,
Do you mind checking on Twitter - looks from my end as if they have removed us as a 'dangerous site' - can you verify that?

I didn't see what the error looked like previously on Twitter, so don't have that to compare you too. However, I went to the BGO twitter page and clicked on the link to the 2017 Draft Day post and all went well.

Thanks - yeah, I don't know if it was the support ticket I placed with Twitter or if they just follow Google's lead once a site is cleared but I'm happy we are in good grace's there again. What an ordeal!

Twitter issues are resolved. Glad to help. I should get that $1.50 discount for BGO usage tomorrow. Back to regular rates the following day.

On an unrelated note, we have decided to forego all ads of any kind on BGO going forward, for all members. We have also closed the few Premium member subscriber accounts on Paypal since all of BGO is now ad-free. Those of you who have generously contributed in the past will remain 'Premium Members'. We will soon initiate a donation campaign and offer the 'Premium Member' banner to any member who makes at least a one-time donation of $19.95. As always, we utilize member funds only to improve the site and pay for monthly server costs.

Thanks for your support of BGO - we appreciate all of you and what you bring to this place, or we might not be so interested in keeping it moving forward. Should you run into problems, please contact us via Private Message here or send us a 'Contact Us' email. We will begin resuming several of the add-ons that we temporarily disabled while we worked on site security. You should start to see those accessible again over the course of the next 4 or 5 days.

I would like to make a one-time donation, Boone (at least one-time for now :)..Future yet to be determined)... Will watch for notification of procedure or PM me when you have a second as I'm not on a lot right now... (though I hope soon to get Doc's Blast back up and going)

For reasons I won't get into, I'm working on getting our web hosting company to do a 'database restore' back to a 4/10/17 site backup. If they are able to perform the restore, we will likely lose anything posted since then. I just wanted to prep you for that possibility and apologize for it in advance. We are continuing to make plans to get all of our software upgraded and updated without significant downtime of any kind.

For reasons I won't get into, I'm working on getting our web hosting company to do a 'database restore' back to a 4/10/17 site backup. If they are able to perform the restore, we will likely lose anything posted since then. I just wanted to prep you for that possibility and apologize for it in advance. We are continuing to make plans to get all of our software upgraded and updated without significant downtime of any kind.

That gives me a little time to think about Doc's Blast From the Past and what I want to do next :) Will wait until database restore is done (will we know when it happens???).. thanks.

I think we will hold off for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.