• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Introductions

Thanks for the welcome Boone. Are there any hokies from the early 80's? 1983 to be exact. Now living in northern va? Might be fun to get together for a Hokie and/or Skins game. I'm all about fun at this stage of my life!

Yes - there surely are....and you are welcome!

I have been on this site for less than 24 hours. In that brief period I can already see that coming here (as opposed to going there (i.e, Extremeskins)) will be a much more judicious use of the internet in pursuit of the Washington Redskins. Just looking down the list of thread titles in the 'Sons of Washington' forum assures me that I have gone up the elevator several floors in terms of thoughtful and intelligent (but still impassioned) football discourse. Delving deeper and reading those threads informs me that the posters here are not just football eggheads, but personable, polite and respectable adults who are willing to discuss their points of view with respect for their challengers.

Thanks, gentlemen, for seeking to recapture what you lost, and for letting us in on it.

I second that Beauty is Only!! :cheers:

I'm enjoying the writings and humor and the opinions of everyone. I feel this site is very welcoming which goes back to the admin team. Looking forward to watching and participating in the evolution of BGO!

:grouphug:

Welcome jax. I see you've already beaten one of my high scores in the Arcade.

:cuss: :redpunch:

Yet no one has challenged my 'Skeeball' dominance....

Bow before me peons....

Move over fellas! There's a new "man" in town. :angel::evil:

Boone, as soon as I figure out the wrist action watch out! :redpunch:

I find these games a good way to end my day. Makes all the stuff disappear from the brain so I can sleep a lot easier. And they are fun and addictive.

BY the way I love the smilies!:2thumbsup:

My introduction

DocSandy here. Long time fan. Our family had season tickets at Griffith Stadium and a lot of my fondest memories come from going to games with my dad at RFK. I still have those tickets since his passing in 1972.

I'm 56 and have always and will be a burgundy and gold fan. I hate the offseason and cannot wait for the season to start. Win or lose, I enjoy football.

I now live in West Virginia in Steelers country and have my Redskin flag waving in front of my house. Anyone who knows me knows Redskins pretty much run my life during football season.

The Redskins (specifically Darrell Green #28) are the reason I met my husband... #28 holds special meaning... both in the fact we met because of #28, both of our birthdays are the 28th of the month, we started our honeymoon on the 28th, and, unfortunately, I buried him on the 28th of the month.

I could go on with memories, etc. I've gone to 2 SuperBowls (XVII and the XVIII debacle), and until this year could count on one hand the number of home games I've missed since my dad died.

Interesting up here.. I wear Redskins gear after every game (well, actually almost every day) and when walking my dog, after a loss, I'm asked by a particular neighbor if I'm wearing the right shirt/jacket. I say yes, of course. They're my team through thick and thin. Yes, things look thin right now. But it makes it all the more satisfying to know I've kept with them when they do turn it around, and I feel they will; maybe not this year, maybe so. But they will.

Anyway.. that's my intro. I may add more as discussions progress. Don't want to get too long winded here :)

THanks for the site, guys. It's great.

Greetings. I'm finally here.

I'll just pull up the recliner and make myself at home.

I finally made it here

You'll figure out quickly I am a Virginia Tech alum, class of 2004, and very familiar to many of you :)

Great to see you here brother, make yourself at home. I'm guessing you're going to like what you find...:cheers:

Hello friends! Some of you may recognize me.

Its nice to see familiar faces, cant wait to see what this site has offer.

Hail to the Redskins.

Welcome aboard, Jethro ... as well as all other recent members. Sorry we couldn't provide you a better team to enjoy in our inaugural season, but we can sure as hell offer an oasis of sanity in which to live through what we got instead ...

Hail.

Hello, all

I notice a lot of familiar "faces" from my time over at ExtremeSkins.

Hope you are welcoming fellow ES alums over here as well.

Has this place been around a long time?

What has the chatter been over here about all of the ridiculous news surrounding our team recently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.