• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

HC Mike Shanahan Intro Press Conf. (1/6/10, 2:00 pm)

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Shanahan's introductory presser is about to start.

WATCH/LISTEN LIVE

Feel free to post comments/reactions, ladies and gentlemen. It's a new day.

Redskins.com is dragging... Wonder why? ;)

Danny shakes hands and heads to the back of the room? Only one seat up from next to the podium? Wow! Seriously new day.

Danny shakes hands and heads to the back of the room? Only one seat up from next to the podium? Wow! Seriously new day.

That's cool to hear. Not in a position to watch it now, but I'll check it out later.

So who hired who here?

Not much transcribing going on here, folks lol...

I was about to say.. all I see is crickets lol lol lol

ok, I'll try a little

team will be disciplined

what goes on in house, will stay in house

will contact JZ for inromation/thoughts/ opinions about current players

So who hired who here?

Haha! When asked about his relationship with Bruce, he said he was looking for a guy who would disagree with him. It did sound like he was the one who was doing to hiring.

buck stops w/him but does not plan to use that "power" per se

decisions will be a collaboration bewtween he and GA. no mention of DS being involved

There really isn't a lot to transcribe. Shanahan is long on the coach speak and not so much with the detail right now. All the typical stuff of "sit down with each player and get to know them", "sit down with all the current coaches and evaluate them", "get the best coaches available out there to come in here and work with us", etc...

Asked about Campbell. Said he was looking forward to working with him and watching the film.

That's all I got. Now I have to go back to work. :)

talking about how passionate DS is

giving Gibbs/Marty anecdotes about DS and how supportive he is

I found it interesting that he said that when he approached Marty Shottenheimer about taking this job, Marty said jump on that opportunity if it arises.

Has anyone asked him if the ink is dry on the Portis pink slip yet?

They did ask him about Clinton and he offered some respect for Portis but was non-committal either way.

They did ask him about Clinton and he offered some respect for Portis but was non-committal either way.

Neo, I thought he was a little more telling in this respect:

After the comments Shanahan made about Campbell and the praise for his effort and the statement he made about Portis and how the off-season conditioning plays a factor, it appears to me Portis is on his way out!

talking about the possibilty of going back to a tru training camp

talking about his year off

don't expect to get a lot concrete here fellas.........

Neo, I thought he was a little more telling in this respect:

After the comments Shanahan made about Campbell and the praise for his effort and the statement he made about Portis and how the off-season conditioning plays a factor, it appears to me Portis is on his way out!

Or Clinton will doing a lot more off season conditioning...one or the other is what I got out of it.

The only thing I am sure about where Portis is concerned is that things are not going to stay the same. Be that because he is gone or because more is demanded of him in terms of conditioning, practicing and preparing, things will not be like they have been.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.