• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

My latest book hits shelves on April 1st

burgold

The Pro Bowler
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Day by day, it's getting closer to the release of my second novel, A Climbing Stock.

https://www.amazon.com/Climbing-Sto...d=1489488150&sr=1-1&keywords=a+climbing+stock

A Climbing Stock is a fractured fairy tale that tells the story of a man named John who is forced by his mother to sell the company business (the Corporation of Ordinary Wares or COW), but when he goes to make the deal is bamboozled into exchanging it instead for 3,000 shares of a stock about to IPO. To everyone's shock, the stock grows and John is soon hounded by the FBI, FTC, and practically every organization with an F to figure out what's going on. To save himself, John must fight corporate giants, dragons, and figure out how to fit a cow through a rainbow.

It's a really fun book. One of my beta readers accidentally rated it on Goodreads thinking it was already published. See review below:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34076711-a-climbing-stock

If you are a reader who enjoys humor, fantasy, and movies like Princess Bride, Space Balls, or the Naked Gun this may be your alley. Please check it out. Every pre-sale copy sold gets grouped together and if I cobble together enough, my author ranking might make me a best seller for at least a day ;)

Insider Info:

A Climbing Stock was actually meant to be my first novel, but the publisher unfortunately went bankrupt and held it hostage for three years (because he brazenly told me it was the only book on his lists making him money). It was pretty lousy, I never received a single royalty check from this bum... not that I'm bitter. Fingers crossed and wish me luck.

Best of luck brother :cheers:

Thanks. Not nervous yet, but getting there. Hopefully it will be well received.

I may not understand the publishing business, so I'm curious about your statement if was meant to be your first. If the publisher was making money was if not published?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.