• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Sign WR Terrelle Pryor Sr.

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
March 10, 2017

REDSKINS SIGN WR TERRELLE PRYOR SR.

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed unrestricted free agent wide receiver Terrelle Pryor Sr. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Pryor (6-4, 223) originally entered the NFL as a third-round supplemental draft selection by the Oakland Raiders in 2011. He has appeared in 34 career games with 27 starts, boasting a versatile stat line that includes 79 career receptions for 1,071 yards with four receiving touchdowns, 102 career rushing attempts for 647 yards with four rushing touchdowns, and 175 completions on 311 pass attempts for 1,994 yards with nine passing touchdowns.

Last season, Pryor appeared in a career-high 16 games with 15 starts at wide receiver. He led the Browns in every receiving category, recording 77 receptions for 1,007 yards with four receiving touchdowns. He added eight rushing attempts for 21 yards and a rushing touchdown.

Pryor played collegiately at Ohio State, posting a 31-4 record as the Buckeyes’ starting quarterback. During his collegiate career, he accounted for 76 career touchdowns, including 57 passing, 17 rushing and two via reception.

Pryor, 27, attended Jeannette (Pa.) H.S., where he was named Player of the Year by USA Today and Parade after leading his team to a 16-0 record and PIAA and WPIAL titles. He was born June 20, 1989.

Pryor is actually just a shade under 6'5". 4.3 speed. Still progressing in his role as a WR.

This could be a huge steal for the Redskins. They could extend him during the season. Fade routes and jump balls in the end zone suddenly become easier. Pryor is a workout warrior and is very team oriented.

He will probably be the emergency QB on game days - and could play the position well. He could also be the QB in wildcat packages.

Can't get my mind around why the 1 year deal though, and none of the sports 'reporters' seem to have any info on that?

Pyror betting he can light it up in our pass happy offense and get a long term mega bucks deal from someone next year?
Redskins hoping them giving him the best shot might play into being able to re-sign him then?

That makes some sense Ax, assuming it was Pryor who insisted on a 1 year deal and not the Skins...

That makes some sense Ax, assuming it was Pryor who insisted on a 1 year deal and not the Skins...

I hate to state the obvious, but it was agreed upon for one year, so I assume it was both? I would think the Redskins are interested in seeing if he can progress as WR and Pryor may want out considering the rumors of how dysfunctional this team appears.

I like my idea better.

Well, because it's mine.

And you can't have any.

He may be hedging his bets and wants to see for himself if the org is solid before committing beyond that - I can see that. Guess the good news is we've got him this season and will have the inside track on a LTD if we want as Ax stated.

Man, how cool will it be to have a big WR that can run. Would definitely like to see us sign a vet mentor for the kid.

Jay Gruden may like Ryan Grant, but the fact remains the Redskins have drafted Jamison Crowder and signed Maurice Harris and both players are far brighter prospects for the future of this team.

Grant is just not a play-maker at the NFL level. He doesn't have any attributes that really stand out. He's not tall, he's not particularly fast, he has dropped some balls.

He's not a compelling player at WR.

Just my take.

Until recently, Grant & Garceon were the big body WRs so possibly a reason he hung around. Drafting Josh, Mo coming up & Pryor being added has pushed him pretty far down that list.

Jay Gruden may like Ryan Grant, but the fact remains the Redskins have drafted Jamison Crowder and signed Maurice Harris and both players are far brighter prospects for the future of this team.

Grant is just not a play-maker at the NFL level. He doesn't have any attributes that really stand out. He's not tall, he's not particularly fast, he has dropped some balls.

Just my take.

Ditto. I'd like to see us move on - if you want a project player, let it be Harris.

Just my take.

Gruden was in love with him, at one time.
Wonder if he still feels that way.

“Some rookies are basket cases, some are cool, calm and collected. Ryan Grant looks like he’s been here for ten years. He’s handled it perfectly.”......The trio, plus 35-year-old Santana Moss, have what Grant doesn’t — speed, strength and experience. Still, the 6-foot, 193-pounder is crafty for his size and age (23), using precise and fluid route-running as well as a sure-handed ability to snag catches in traffic as ways to make his presence felt..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...lays-beyond-his-years/?utm_term=.20569f710e9b

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.