• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The 2017 FNG (FA) Thread

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Ladies and gents, your 2017 free agent acquisitions to date ...

DL Terrell McClain

mcclain.png

***​

DL Stacy McGee

mcgee.png

S D.J. Swearinger

swearinger.png

WR Terrelle Pryor

pryor.jpg

LB Chris Carter

carter_1.jpg

carter.png

WR Brian Quick

quick.png

LB Zack Brown

thomas.png

Last edited:
Heavy on the defense... :)

Wouldn't mind us taking a swing with Dont'a Hightowwer. Compton, if he continues to run that defense, will need someone who can make up for his lack of athleticism to play next to him. Just a little concerned Hightower would be signing a money deal since his hunger to play may be lessened after winning the Super Bowl.

Also, I just saw that Dontari Poe has not signed with anyone...along with the 2 other DL we just signed, he could make a huge difference. There are rumors swirling about his back, but the Chiefs front office suggest they want him back, so what does that say? The kid is only 26.

If the contract is team friendly, I would love to see a true NT in Washington!

Poe is probably going to get $10M+ yearly average & 5 years. With a front loaded contract that the team can afford now but be able to walk away from after 3 years if necessary. Would that qualify as team friendly? I think it would but just a poser.

Looks like Pryor is a Redskin 1 year/$8M. Like the signing.

Pryor.jpg

Last edited:
Pryor signing is big.

At 27 yrs old, one has to wonder why he only got a 1 yr deal?

Sure it's a prove it deal. Makes sense for him to sign with a pass heavy team to put up big numbers to get a major payoff, if successful.

Maybe he wants to see what happens at QB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Pryor move screams of cautiousness and I like it overall.

He fills some of the void left by Jackson and Garcon and provides a cushion for a year in the event that Doctson doesn't develop as hoped, or is hampered by injuries.

Ideally, I think you want Crowder and Docston to make big strides in 2017. If Pryor excels as well - bonus. It just means the offense will hopefully be able to hum along again this season.

If Pryor has a great year and becomes too expensive to sign, allocate that money into locking up Docston and Crowder long-term, provided they develop as the franchise would like to see them develop in the Fall.

Regardless, I do think it would be a smart idea to use a mid-round pick on a big bodied WR; somebody who can provide a contingency if Pryor is simply a rental/insurance policy.

Same would hold true for TE - Reed is an injury concern and Davis is nearing the end of the line. The TE class is supposedly really good this year. It wouldn't be entirely stupid to pick up some long term insurance there. That is of course if we can potentially make another significant signing along the d-line in this free agency window.

Would have been nice to have a steady vet WR to take Pryor under his wing.

Maybe need to pick one up.

I still think we need to sign a vet receiver that can fill the void Garcon leaves behind, a steady receiver who is clutch on 3rd downs. I like signing Pryor, but neither he nor Crowder will fill that role like Garcon. Would liked to have seen Brandon Marshall signed, but would not be opposed to a one year deal for Anquan Boldin. The group we have, even with Pryor, just isn't going to be enough and Boldin proved again last year in Detroit he is clutch. Maybe even Vincent Jackson? there is no veteran presence on our WR corps right now.

Then there is CB, I don't think we can depend on Breeland to be a true number 2 at this point. Maybe the coaches have faith in him, but there are a number of players we could bring inl, maybe even push him for the #2 or #3 spot. Brandon Flowers and Pirnce Amakamura are players who won't break the bank, could push Breeland, and could perform well with Josh Norman on the other side. Hall is gone and Dunbar is likely out the door, too. I liked the idea, Dunbar raw made some great plays, but he never quite developed into a nickel or dime CB.

What I'd like to see before free agency closed is Amukamura, Boldin and Poe signed with maybe an ILB to help with Compton's inability to cover in the passing game.

Last edited:
Could there some reluctance by Kirk to deal long term if they signed Pryor past a 1 year deal? IDK, I don't see Pryor as a threat at QB but maybe Cousins would want more guaranteed money this year if they did sign Terrelle to a multi-year deal.

Could there some reluctance by Kirk to deal long term if they signed Pryor past a 1 year deal? IDK, I don't see Pryor as a threat at QB but maybe Cousins would want more guaranteed money this year if they did sign Terrelle to a multi-year deal.

Or maybe he IS the QB, if Cousins leaves :)

I hope you guys are kidding, I really do :)

I hope you guys are kidding, I really do :)

It is a serious question. I'm just trying to solicit view's and collect information that I don't have or wouldn't have otherwise considered. Even if I don't necessarily have an opinion one way or another on what I ask, if it's outside the box of what has been posted maybe that steers a conversation to a direction that it wouldn't have otherwise gone whether it's directly related to the question or not. Soliciting a response that is contrary to what I post typically gains me new information that I could not have gotten otherwise. Brother, I can count on you to do that for me.

Seriously.

It is a serious question. I'm just trying to solicit view's and collect information that I don't have or wouldn't have otherwise considered. Even if I don't necessarily have an opinion one way or another on what I ask, if it's outside the box of what has been posted maybe that steers a conversation to a direction that it wouldn't have otherwise gone whether it's directly related to the question or not. Soliciting a response that is contrary to what I post typically gains me new information that I could not have gotten otherwise. Brother, I can count on you to do that for me.

Seriously.

It's all good - I honestly couldn't tell whether you guys were being serious. Short of being an emergency QB, don't see it. One thing I do hate is carrying 3 QBs. We always do and of course we never need him. My argument is, you get to a point in the season where you have to go with #3, your season is likely over anyway.

I'd love to think they might go with 2 having a guy who could step in in an emergency in Pryor. But they won't. We'll carry 3 QBs like we always do.

I think they carry 3 QBs even with Pryor. But it does give the roster room to maneuver. If you look at what happened to the Patriots at the beginning of last year, Brady is suspended, Garoppolo gets hurt and has to miss a game. They play Brissett, but don't have to make a roster move for a backup QB. They have Edelman ready as the backup for the short term. In my view, that is how Pryor gives your roster benefit at the QB spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.