• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Talk of three-way Romo-Cousins trade is “conjecture!” at this point

BGO

Absent*an actual trade rumor to shake up the Scouting Combine, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media essentially made up a potential three-team blockbuster. In fairness to Rapoport, he added the various “could be” and “may be” qualifiers, making it clear that it was all speculation. Nevertheless, the notion that the 49ers and Washington would, in order…
b.gif

More...

No - he didn't make it 'clear'. Rappaport's words imply (if don't outright state) that conversations are occurring. What really irritates me about this kind of nonsense is that these asswipes make shit up, then other outlets mock the organization for being a dumpster fire based on 'facts' that don't even exist. It's happened repeatedly this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Common sense says this is a joke. First, would Jerry Jones (who is in love with Romo) trade him to the Redskins and Snyder? Do we think JJ would want to see Romo twice a year in our colors? Ain't happening.

Next, why would we trade Cousins to SF, get Romo, and give Dallas more picks?

Why not just say all 32 teams will put the names of their starting QB's in a hat, then each team will draw the name of their QB.

As Boone said in another thread that honest and respectable journalism has gone out the window.

I'd be shocked if anyone in the league would trade for "Rhyme's With" due to his salary, age, and body made of balsa wood.
And, if someone did, I seriously doubt anything more than 4th or 5th round pick to be involved.

I don't want him if signed to play for free.

A topic that everyone here agrees on? I find that more newsworthy than Rapport's hallucinations...

Maybe these media guys all sit around a table and each one adds a sentence then passes it on to the next to create a story. Soundz like fun.

A member of the media quoting an unnamed source indicated that the 49ers were about to....

Only way this trade happens is if both Frisco and the bums send us a draft picks and a bunch of them.

Romo isn't going to a team that was 8-7-1 last year and is a division rival with a lot of building to do.

Jones if he is dealt will look for an AFC team for Romo whether it's Denver, KC, or Houston.

He's not coming to D.C.

Romo isn't going to a team that was 8-7-1 last year and is a division rival with a lot of building to do.

Jones if he is dealt will look for an AFC team for Romo whether it's Denver, KC, or Houston.

He's not coming to D.C.

Jones already debunked this, as well as many of us fans who realize Ian Rappaport was offering a hypothesis and presenting it as fact.

This was a bunch of pony pucks from the moment it was posted on twitter.

I'd take Romo in a heart beat as part of this organization. Cousins needs somebody to hand wash his jock.....

In my mind Cousins would have been resigned IF he had played very well against NY and gotten the Redskins into the playoffs.

That was really the spot for Kirk to have a 'do you like me now' type of game - at home, on a nationally televised game against a division opponent.

I think the question for everyone on the Redskins side is whether Cousins will learn to win in 2017 and beyond, or whether he's a guy that has reached a plateau.

Interestingly, it appears Cousins may be tested MORE in 2017 as the Redskins may be improved quite a bit on defense but are set to lose Garcon and Jackson and presumably will go with younger, cheaper vets and draft picks.

He's going to have to make more off schedule plays and really be the 'veteran' voice in the huddle.

I wonder if he is up to that.

Again, I wanted to see him resigned if the team was not going to go after an option like Garoppolo or otherwise trade for a Philip Rivers and draft a younger prospect to develop.

That's a Vinny Cerrato idea

Well, there is no really 'clean' alternative that is 100% guaranteed for success.

This is not thought of as a good year to be in the quarterback market in the draft, so a trade for Rivers would afford the Redskins the chance to use him as a bridge and take a qb in 2018 when the 'pickings' are better and develop him for a year or two. Other picks would have to be included in the deal as well.

The best outcome is to keep the qb we already have, but it appears that Snyder and Allen are anathema to paying Cousins anything more than the $20M in the latest 'offer'.

OK, Florio is floating the idea that Cleveland "could be" interested in a a trade for Cousins. I did not bother attaching the link, we all know it's conjecture, nothing substantive. I just like posting shit that isn't fact based.

:peep:

OK, Florio is floating the idea that Cleveland "could be" interested in a a trade for Cousins. I did not bother attaching the link, we all know it's conjecture, nothing substantive. I just like posting shit that isn't fact based.

It's kinda like anyone of us posting that we "could be" the winners of the Mega-Millions drawing coming up, well, because you know, we have a ticket.

I was interested in dating Kelly Kapowski when I was in high school. Let me tell you, it didn't happen. But I was interested.

So then, immediately after getting booed, again, and after claiming the 2017 NFL Draft is now underway, and that Cleveland is on the clock,
King Goodell says, "We have a trade."

The Washington Redskins have traded #8, and their 1st round selection, to Cleveland, for the #1 overall pick, and their 2nd rd pick #33 this year, and a 2nd rd pick next year.

With the 1st pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Washington Redskins Select...Myles Garrett defensive end Texas A&M.

Does everybody lose their minds?

So then, immediately after getting booed, again, and after claiming the 2017 NFL Draft is now underway, and that Cleveland is on the clock,
King Goodell says, "We have a trade."

The Washington Redskins have traded #8, and their 1st round selection, to Cleveland, for the #1 overall pick, and their 2nd rd pick #33 this year, and a 2nd rd pick next year.

With the 1st pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Washington Redskins Select...Myles Garrett defensive end Texas A&M.

Does everybody lose their minds?

Kinda...yeah.

Cleveland will give us the #12 overall pick in a trade IMO but you aren't going to see them give us the #1 pick for Cousins.

Just like SF won't give us the #2 overall pick.

I think the reason a trade won't happen with SF is precisely because the 49ers don't have the 'right' picks at the right spots in the draft order.

Meanwhile, Cleveland if Cousins is traded has to be the favorite because they not only have oodles of cap room but oodles of draft picks in the first three rounds the next two years.

There are myriad trade scenarios when you have that many picks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.