• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Shanahan poll

Indeed we will.

But that's another thing we didn't see yesterday in the press conference. :)

Last edited:
But that's another thing we didn't see yesterday in the press conference. :)

Point!

What I didn't see/hear yesterday was perhaps more important to me than what I did see. Since Dan bought the team he has been the face of the team but yesterday he stepped back (so far back you couldn't see him on camera except entering or leaving the room) and the face presented was Allen and Shanahan.

What a breath of fresh air that was.

I am not saying that I believe everything behind the curtain is just like it is presented in front of the curtain. Hey, I saw the Wizard of Oz too. I am just saying that for the first time Dan is at least trying to get the public side of this right. If there is even half the effort going into fixing the backstage happenings, this team can't help but be better.

Last edited:
Om, I still don't think a previous Super Bowl winner will have as much hunger as a young up and comer. I do believe your assertion about my personal take is accurate, I guess the presser did nothing to alter my take, vanilla.

We shall see once the collective bargaining agreement is either in place or not. We will see what type of dead weight we will dump. I believe there will be veterans out of Redskins' uniform and I do believe Shanahan will make us a playoff contention team sooner rather than later.

I still question his hunger to win a championship based on how I feel about previous SB winning coaches and what I saw yesterday.

Last edited:
This is where I stand. I'll believe it when I see it.

I gotta say I am not impressed with the hiring of a former Super Bowl winner who will come in here and probably be given too much responsibility. I favored a younger hungrier coach. Shanahan is 57 years old and I don't believe he is nearly as hungry as he once was. He will more than likely have final say in personnel matters, I am not so sure he deserves.

But, the one thing he brings that is appealing is the discipline this team has lacked, even under Coach Gibbs. Maybe he can make it work. I sure hope so!

So...we'll see.

Well, I was wrong! He didn't bring the discipline to this team I thought he would.

El, you might not have been spot on about the discipline but your initial skepticism sure seems to have been warranted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.