• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Report: Shanahan, 'Skins strike a deal

BGO

Well, it took a little longer than 114 minutes, but the Redskins reportedly have a new coach.Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that the Redskins and Mike Shanahan have reached an agreement in principle that makes Shanahan the replacement...

More...

Below is a link to the Denver Post article-makes for some interesting, and possibly insightful, reading. Here's an example;

Shanahan is to receive a five-year contract from the Redskins at approximately the same salary he had during his final contract with the Broncos. He was drawing approximately $7 million a year with Denver — and still had three years remaining on his deal when he was fired nearly a year ago.The Broncos will pay approximately $3.5 million each in 2010 and 2011 to essentially have Shanahan coach the Redskins. Then again, Bowlen will also save roughly $3.5 million each of the next two years now that their former coach is no longer unemployed.

With the Redskins, Shanahan will work in concert with general manager Bruce Allen much as he did in Denver with Broncos general manager Ted Sundquist from 2002-07. During that six-year Shanahan-Sundquist run, the Broncos compiled five consecutive winning seasons, three consecutive playoff appearances, and a 58-38 record. The Broncos went 13-3 and hosted the AFC championship game in 2005 — the last time they played in the postseason.

In that business partnership, Sundquist oversaw the draft, contracts and roster construction, but Shanahan had final say authority on every decision.

Article link:http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_14127983?source=commented-

Shefter on ESPN confirmed the signng with a picture of Snyder and Shanahan at the dinn. uh, signing table.

i,m glad it,s over now for me goodluck to mike .

it,s still a wait and see and dan please hands off. :)

i saw on the bottom line with adam shefter.

Last edited:
I like the way the Denver Post says, "Shanahan will work in concert with Bruce Allen much as he did in Denver with GM Ted Sunquist". That's what we want, teamwork. So far what I hear I like.

106.7 reporting that Bruce Allen will be a "pawn," according to the almighty "NFL league source, with knowledge of the situation," and that Shanny will have final say on all football matters.

so far so good and who will be the team president now

stay tuned i guess

Suggested WaPo headline for tomorrow: NFL Football Returns To DC After Decade-Long Hiatus

No offense intended to Coach Gibbs BTW. After all, he did get the closest of anyone so far to bringing NFL level football back to DC under Snyder.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.