• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Bruce, Scot and the Front Office.

One of the things I've really enjoyed the past 2 seasons is the lack of drama. Whatever happens with the team pretty much stays in house. This loudmouth is just spouting an opinion and acting like it's a real story because he has nothing else to write. It reminds me of Cooley making up stories about Doctson being homesick, trying to sell it as fact, then acting later like he was just giving an opinion based on no information. It's maddening. But to be honest, even if there is tension inside Redskins Park between Snyder, Allen, McCloughan, and Gruden, the fact that there aren't any real stories about it is quite a refreshing change. I don't expect them to all agree about everything. But I have enjoyed that if the disagreements do turn into tension, that it's all staying in house and is not being brought out in the media.

I'm not well versed in all of the DC media but from just reading Twitter, seems like that Chris Russell guy revels in stirring up crap too.

His "contributions" are pretty well meaningless.

They are limited to stirring the pot when there's nothing, taking shots at the 'Skins when there isn't even reason (that includes "speculating" certain things) and speaking sooooo sloooooowly to fill the show because he really has nothing to say.

Nick

Bruce,Scot and the Front Office.

Just to be clear, anyone who's ever been in a large 'organization' knows that there are politics, power struggles, jockeying for influence. Ass-kissing, undermining, and just about every kind of dysfunction humans are capable of engaging in. I've come to believe this is true even in good organizations, they just have less of it. So I don't doubt there are some 'dynamics' going on. I don't doubt that there is a ton of pressure to keep the train moving in a positive direction. I don't doubt jobs are at risk (aren't almost all NFL jobs at risk at all times?). And I don't doubt that there is pre-work being done on who to blame if things go south, and how to shape who gets credit if they go well.

What I do doubt is that Mike Jones knows any more about these things than you or I do or that he has any more insight into what's going on at Redskins Park than any of us do :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerry Brewer threw his two cents in on the role of McLovin within the organization today.

Mostly speculation and one unnamed source, and hopefully not accurate. It's a little depressing to say the least.

In it, he insinuates that Bruce is the GM, and Scot is just the top scout.

Brewer used to be in Seattle right?

If Scot needed an outlet to the media Jerry might be the guy he is comfortable with.

Perhaps this is Scot's way of saying that there are some decisions the team is about to make that he is not on board with and are out of his hands?

Awesome. :doh1:

And, to date, not one word from the organization about Cooley's speculation.

PFT speculating that Allen and/or the front office is using Cooley to spread rumors about McLovin' in order to undermine him or 'put him in his place' as part of some kind of a power struggle. That sounds pretty far-fetched to me.

Wizards are playing well.
Caps are playing well.
Nats are making moves.

All three combined don't generate half the interest the Redskins do around town.

Anyway to steer the conversation towards them is the desire.
Truth and/or accuracy are irrelevant.

In the event that is true, would anyone here be shocked? Unfortunately, I wouldn't. And what a shitty thing to do.

Wizards are playing well.
Caps are playing well.
Nats are making moves.

All three combined don't generate half the interest the Redskins do around town.

Anyway to steer the conversation towards them is the desire.
Truth and/or accuracy are irrelevant.

Wrong thread. :pimp:

This is disappointing. John Keim, in response to the accuracy of Jerry Brewer's article.

"Let me make it clear: This column is good & insightful. Shed major light on situation for first time. That is all."

John

Only problem is, there isn't a single shred of hard evidence to any of this. At least I haven't read any. And it doesn't mean any of it's not true.

But there is nothing to go by except local reporters, pissed off that they can't get a response from the team, working together to force a response.

And yeah, Kiem is usually better than a lot of the other locals.

But that's like saying, Jeffrey Dahmer was a great guy because he only killed 17 people. Compared to John Wayne Gacy, and Andrei Chikatilo, who killed 33, and 52, respectively.

I'm not pissed that Bruce is still on......with McLovin's past fights with alcohol that's probably a prudent move.

I'm not happy with some of the claims in the article, like Bruce has final say on everything and that Scot can't even fire anyone on the coaching staff.

If true, then Bruce is the GM and Scot is just a top scout.

I'm not pissed that Bruce is still on......with McLovin's past fights with alcohol that's probably a prudent move.

I'm not happy with some of the claims in the article, like Bruce has final say on everything and that Scot can't even fire anyone on the coaching staff.

If true, then Bruce is the GM and Scot is just a top scout.

That he can't fire a coach is one thing, that he can't even hire anyone for his department is an entirely other thing. Wow!

More Keim:

"Not hard to figure out. Many wanted things 2 be different. But as @jerrybrewer wrote, SM had few choices when hired.tough to have true power."

Okay, so if you believe Keim and Brewer, Bruce has been the GM all along.

That might explain why Haz was kept on and why none of Scot's former scouts were hired.

That story just makes my stomach churn. If true, I'm so over Allen. We just can't do anything a normal way.

I will say this. If we trade Cousins and #17 pick for the #2 pick, then we have an incompetent FO. We hold what SF wants, so make them pay like we paid to move up for RG3. Make them give a couple picks for KC and keep our pick.

Bruce,Scot and the Front Office.

The Haslett thing was just common sense. We were already paying Millions to the Shanahans NOT to coach. To turn around and pay a D.C. to do the same is insane even for Dan Snyder.

And you guys forget, McCloughan was out of football having just been fired from his second gig for not being able to stay sober. He was lucky the Tedskins were willing to take a chance on him. I'm not sure at that time that giving him absolute power and authority would e been a sound decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.