• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, The Mock Drafts, 2017 (Continual Updates)

I think BB has hit on many points, the cluster **** that started this football year with McGoo being fired was one of them. There is something about Bruce Allen that screams failure for this organization.

I think our offense is not nearly as good as it was last year. I think losing Desean Jackson will hurt, but not nearly as much as not having Pierre Garcon on the team, and our #1 target is one more concussion away from missing the season. Our run game? Haha! Yeah, we have one?

Our defense should be better, this is why I think the team will be better. I really don't think Sua Cravens is that big of a deal, Swearing should fill in nicely. Still worried about our CB's and our DL, hopefully they won't get stupid and miscast the best defensive prospect we've had in years. Hopefully Kerrigan gets some help on the opposite side of the line so he can be the elite player he is capable of being, if he hasn't lost a step to injury.

It would surprise me to see us win only 2 games all season. I still think we are a run of the mill, average team. I think Jon Gruden is a very good play caller, but a sub par Head Coach.

2 wins? I doubt it, but for those thinking we'll make a run for the division, we can hop that 9 wins is enough, but I think the rest of the division has gotten better over the past 2 years while we remain stagnant.

Thanks for all the replies and discussion.

Here is something interesting:
Skins Squad‏ @SkinsSquad
Sudfeld Philly.com “They said [being cut] was no indictment of me. They said they had needs on defense, whatever that means".

Yeah, he had his mind made up and quickly left. Redskins made him an offer and decided to head to a division rival. His statement is very interesting. It may mean nothing, but I think there is more to the story and it is all a part of what I posted yesterday.

Elephant is correct when he implies that I have Bruce Allen in mind. My predictions are more or less an indictment of him. Time will tell. I would be happy if those predictions are wrong. On to the 2017 season.

I don't understand what the relevance of the Sudfeld stuff is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is something about Bruce Allen that screams failure for this organization.

Elephant is correct when he implies that I have Bruce Allen in mind. My predictions are more or less an indictment of him.

Correct me, if I'm wrong, but during Allen's tenure here, there was only one year in which he had full control of the draft : 2014.
The year between Shanahan and McCloughan.
And it was one of the best overall drafts we've had in decades. The top 5 picks are still on the team. And barring the one freak injury, all appear to be significant contributors this year.

Trent Murphy
Morgan Moses
Spencer Long
Bashaud Breeland
Ryan Grant

So, it's gone Shanny, Scot, Scot and back to Allen. Seems like multiple philosophies over a short period. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a gut by Chip Kelly/gut post Kelly kinda scenario.

Has there been any rumors as to why Cravens wants to retire?

Not sure how much of this is true but apparently Gruden said it has to do with personal issues, his dad dying last year and Cravens setting different priorities. (If I read the article right)

Thanks Doc, haven't heard anything other than vanilla coach speak on it.

Last edited:
Wow. I thought Ax and Ryman were all alone on Negative Mountain.....BB looks to have thrown them to the depths of the valley and claimed the mountain his own.

BB, USA Today, hell, every major news outlet has the Redskins finishing last.

I believe we'll be right in the thick of things in regards to the division. If the ball bounces our way, we may even win it.

Can we remain calm until we at least see a couple of real games?

Some have us finishing last place with 7-8 wins which is more realistic

I have to agree with BB on his Allen opinion. If you look back at this track record in Tampa and Oakland, it doesn't give a lot of confidence.

I have to agree with BB on his Allen opinion. If you look back at this track record in Tampa and Oakland, it doesn't give a lot of confidence.

What was wrong with his track record ?
With Oakland, his team won 3 straight division titles, including a trip to the Super Bowl. And after that 3rd straight division title, he won the George Young Executive of the Year award.
Then in Tampa, 3 out of 5 seasons were winning records, including an 11-5 record in one of those years.
It's pretty difficult to get a better overall track record than that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.