• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, The Mock Drafts, 2017 (Continual Updates)

Everyone has seen the attention whores on social media that break their tv sets during football games?

I'll give the internet something it's never seen before if we go offense in either of the first two rounds.

I'll hoist my large screen over my head, take down a chandelier with it, then throw it through my family room wall. Then I'll pick it up, and throw it through my family room window.

I'll walk outside, pick it up and move it to the driveway. Then I'll run over it three or four times to finish it off.

And I'll record it all.

Go defense Skins.......don't piss me off.

Hey, how about I just drive up there and take the flat screen off your hands now, and save you the clean up. I could use a new one in my bedroom.... :)

BB, you let me down with this latest mock. I am wanting to see the video of McD5 destroying his TV. That would be more entertaining than what is on TV now.

BB, I understand, but want to see how many times McD5 can make the TV skip when throws it down the driveway. Plus, let's grade his release with the initial throw. Does he look off any other people in the room? There is a lot to be learned from this event.

Can't believe I am saying this, but hope they take an offensive player.

Hey Gary, you are getting too emotionally involved with that TV. However, I will let you come and visit it at various times of the year.

Sorry Ken, but can we get something similar for him to throw? Just this had potential to go viral.

Gentlemen, gentlemen. I'd gladly give the tv away........but the truth is, it's no longer in my control.

Its fate now rests in the hands of Bruce Allen.

Don't let me down Bruce. Or the chandelier, or the walls......

Question is, in the mock drafts, what round do we expect McD5's TV to go in ?
Does his TV get destroyed in Round 1, or do the experts see it dropping to Round 2 or even 3, before it gets shattered ?
And does Burgundy Burner take the TV as an UDFA, since it probably gets passed on by others in the draft, due to the injuries it sustained in the draft-day scuffle ?

Last edited:
"Unknown sources" say it goes early. Within 5 seconds of our second round pick.

Free Agency, The Mock Drafts, 2017(Continual Updates)​

Greetings from BBQ to all in BGO land.

Here it is - the final mock of 2017. The big event arrives tomorrow and the roster will be full of new prospects before you know it. BBQ is grateful for your mocks, links, comments, and suggestions during the mocking process. It has been helpful, informative, and downright fun – thank you for making this offseason blog a success.

Tomorrow we will feature a list of first round possibilities. For Friday, we will do the same for rounds two and three. Saturday features players who could be targets in rounds four through seven.

Feel free to offer your own ideas about the draft, free agency, team cuts, team additions, coaching changes and anything else related to these subjects. Too, we’d love to see your mocks if you are so inclined.

An extra note: These mocks may not necessarily be what BBQ wants or what the members at BGO may prefer. These mocks are designed to try and get into the mind of the Redskins brain trust and see what they will do.

Without any further delays, let’s take a look at the final mock for 2017.

Team Needs:
Free Safety
Defensive Line
Wide Receiver
Inside Linebacker
Left Guard
Running Back

Round One: Trade
The Redskins trade down to the latter portion of round one and pick up a second rounder and a fourth rounder.

Round One: Malik McDowell, DE, Michigan St.
The commitment to the defensive line this offseason is real and totally obvious. With a new defensive line coach, the Redskins are placing a new emphasis on the front seven. The All-Big Ten stud is a powerful force who is a major disruption for opposing quarterbacks and running backs alike. Although he could play inside for a few snaps each game, his greatest potential is likely at end. There are a couple of concerns about his work ethic, but those fears are somewhat overblown and he could shine with Jim Tomsula as his position coach. McDowell recently added fifteen pounds of muscle and his measurements are now 6-6, 295.
Other Possible Targets:
Derek Barnett, OLB/DE, Tennessee
Forrest Lamp, OT/G, Western Kentucky
Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio St.
Haason Reddick, ILB/OLB, Temple
O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama

Round Two: Justin Evans, FS/SS, Texas A&M
When a player is compared to Troy Polamalu, the compliment is universally recognized as a potential for super stardom. The versatile safety for the Aggies has drawn these comparisons and rightfully so. The SEC stud can actually serve as a receiver as well, but that is not likely. Explosive player. Hard hitter. Can play both safety positions effectively. Good closing speed on the ball. Running backs try to avoid him. Very aggressive. Does not bite on fakes from receivers. Range in the open field is superb.
Other Possible Targets:
Adoree Jackson, CB, Southern California
Chris Wormley, DE/DT, Michigan
Marcus Williams, FS, Utah
Budda Baker, FS, Washington
Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio St.
Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland

Round Two: Kevin King, CB, Washington
The first thing that stands out is Kevin King’s lack of gaudy numbers, but don’t let that fool you. He played opposite from Sidney Jones and the PAC 12 shutdown corner usually was placed against the bigger receivers. As a bigger corner this Husky could help to neutralize the bigger wide receivers of the NFC-East and the NFL. He has good speed. Fierce defender. Can defend jump balls effectively. Could be a starter from day one, certainly no later than after a few games.

Round Three: Anthony Walker, ILB, Northwestern
There are several inside linebackers who garner more publicity, but Walker comes from a Big Ten program that receives lesser attention. Couple that with him being something of a sleeper prospect and it is not surprising to learn that he is rated a bit lower. But Walker should be rated higher and could be a starter on day one. Has extreme quickness – gets to the quarterback quickly and limits running backs coming out of the backfield. Would need to improve his coverage skills, but is very intelligent and a quick learner.
Other Possible Targets:
Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson
D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas
Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova
Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
Cooper Kupp, WR, Eastern Washington
Nate Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh
Montravius Adams, DT/DE, Auburn

Round Four: Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma
Ray Rice saw his career end for a fist to the face of his wife on an elevator. It was brutal. Joe Mixon slapped a young woman over two years ago and the tape is also brutal. Does the young man deserve a chance? It could be a question that the Redskins front office is willing to answer and do so in the affirmative. No one questions the elite talent that is Joe Mixon. The Sooner is a true first round talent – possibly the second best running back in the 2017 class. The Big 12 dynamo is electric and powerful at the same time. If he can assure the Redskins that lack of maturity is no longer an issue, then Mixon is a major steal here.
Other Possible Targets:
Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech
Kendell Beckwith, ILB, LSU
Jake Butt, TE, Michigan
Brendan Langley, CB, Lamar
Elijah Qualls, DT, Washington
Ryan Glasgow, DE/DT, Michigan
Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M
Vincent Taylor, DE, Oklahoma St.

Round Four: Dalvin Tomlinson, DT/DE, Alabama
The Redskins continue to rebuild their defensive line this offseason (now with the draft) and look to the Crimson Tide – that perennial powerhouse of the SEC. They produce a lot of talent and Dalvin Tomlinson is another one of their prospects. His specialty is run stuffing, but he became a better pass rusher later in the 2016 season. He won’t get a lot of sacks, but will bat plenty of passes down. Solid player who gladly puts team goals ahead of his own. Very intelligent. Needs to develop a little bit more of a mean streak attitude.

Round Four: Isaac Asiata, G, Utah
This very strong and powerfully built guard could be a target for the Redskins. Asiata has played tackle and center, but mostly out of necessity due to injuries along the Utes offensive line. The PAC 12 lineman has the prototypical size to play inside and left guard is his natural position. Excellent in the rushing offense, but will need some work in the pass protection schemes. This four year starter could crack the starting lineup by mid-season, maybe sooner.

Round Five: Jarron Jones, DE/DT, Notre Dame
The Redskins are massively overhauling the defensive line and are taking no prisoners. Jones is a productive force at defensive tackle and end. He has superb athleticism for a man his size and figures to play more at the end, but could slide inside at times. Jones has the potential to dominate offensive linemen when he is in a groove and can live in the backfield. The ACC (Affiliated) standout uses his length to block passes and possesses a respectable pass rush. He can disappear at times during a game, but Jim Tomsula will likely provide good coaching and motivation.
Other Possible Targets:
Jeremy Sprinkle, TE, Arkansas
Charles Walker, DE/DT, Oklahoma
Nico Siragusa, G, San Diego St.
DeDe Westbrook, WR, Oklahoma
John Johnson, FS, Boston College
Taylor Moton, G/OT, Western Michigan
Eddie Vanderdoes, DT/DE, UCLA

Round Six: Josh Tupou, DT, Colorado
There are some humongous, towering, massive mountains in Colorado – Telluride, Pikes Peak, Mount Elbert, Crestone Peak, Josh Tupou. He’s big! He eats only one meal a day – it last about eight hours. Ok, enough of the lame one liners. Let’s get to the obvious – Very strong. Plays with a passion. Good at the point of attack. Handles double teams with ease. A major cog in the middle. Excels in the rushing defense. Provides a decent pass rush. Can play in both a 3-4 and a 4-3 defense. At 6-3 and 355, the PAC 12 standout can actually run a 5.3 forty. A true Buffalo indeed.
Other Possible Targets:
Jordan Morgan, G, Kutztown
Josh Augusta, DT, Missouri
Delano Hill, SS/FS, Michigan
Jehu Chesson, WR, Michigan
Jordan Evans, ILB, Oklahoma
C.J. Beathard, QB, Iowa
Richie Brown, OLB/ILB, Mississippi St.

Round Six: Jay Guillermo, G/C, Clemson
Jay Guillermo is versatile and can play either guard or center. That’s a good reason for the Redskins to take a flyer on him. Also, there is a need to have a backup at center. He would be drafted for depth purposes, but could actually be a starter within a year or two. The ACC lineman has the massive size that is favored in the NFL for inside positions on the offensive line. Good pass protector, but would need to work on the running game.

Round Seven: Ricky Seals-Jones, WR, Texas A&M
Ricky Seals-Jones was a five star recruit for the Aggies of the SEC, but has failed to live up to the hype. However, some pundits feel that his best days are still ahead of him as he does flash occasional bouts of greatness. At 6-5 and 240, he would be a definite target in the end zone for jump balls and various fade routes. He likely needs two years to get a feel of the NFL. He ceiling is very high, but can he reach it? The Redskins front office may think so. Could potentially play defense/special teams when the opposing team lines up for a field goal – jumping and raising those long arms would be interesting.
Other Possible Targets:
James Quick, WR, Louisville
David Jones, FS, Richmond
Ben Boulware, ILB, Clemson
Pharaoh Brown, TE, Oregon
Dylan Donahue, OLB, West Georgia
Tyrique Jarrett, DT, Pittsburgh
Elijah Hood, RB, North Carolina
Hardy Nickerson, ILB, Illinois
Ben Braden, G, Michigan

Round Seven: Caleb Brantley, DE/DT, Florida
Depending which pundit you follow, Caleb Brantley is widely considered to be a first or second round talent. However, a domestic violence situation surfaced this week and Brantley could be facing a La’el Collins type of judgment. Now, let’s get to the football argument. Very quick burst off the ball and stuffs running backs regularly. Relentless motor. Able to get consistent pressure on the quarterback. Can play inside or outside. Fully expects double teams against him and anything less is an insult. Easily opens lanes for the linebackers. If Brantley does fall, and it is expected, will the Redskins take a chance?

Undrafted Free Agent Prospects:
Dayon Pratt, OLB, East Carolina
Patrick Ricard, DE/DT, Maine
Erik Austell, G, Charleston Southern
Connor Bozick, OT, Delaware
Adam Griffith, K, Alabama
Chad Williams, WR, Grambling
Darius Victor, RB, Towson
Derrick Griffin, TE, Texas Southern
Will Holden, OT, Vanderbilt
Vernon Sainvil, OT/G, St. Francis Xavier (Canada)
Joey Ivie, DT, Florida
Patrick Towles, QB, Boston College
Tony Stevens, WR, Auburn

Prospects Contacted, Interviewed, Visited:
East-West Shrine game - EW
Senior Bowl - SB
Combine – NFLC
Team Pro Day – TPD
Team Visit – TV
Private Workout – PW

Billy Brown, TE, Shepherd – EW
Avery Moss, DE, Youngstown St. - EW
Erik Austell, OT, Charleston Southern – EW
De’Veon Smith, RB, Michigan - EW
Tony Stevens, WR, Auburn - EW
Channing Stribling, CB, Michigan – EW
Joey Ivie, DT, Florida – EW
Forrest Lamp, G, Western Kentucky – SB
Ryan Glasgow, DT, Michigan – SB
Brendan Langley, CB, Lamar – SB
Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M - SB
Marquez White, CB, Florida St. – SB
Ben Gedeon, ILB, Michigan – SB
Tarell Basham, DE/OLB, Ohio – SB
Zach Banner, OT/G, Southern Cal – SB
Montravius Adams, DT, Auburn – SB, NFLC
Dalvin Tomlinson, DE, Alabama – SB, NFLC
Patrick Vidal, DL, Catholic Univ. – PW
Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford – NFLC
Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida St. – NFLC
John Ross, WR, Washington – NFLC
O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama – NFLC
JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, Southern Cal – NFLC
Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina – NFLC
Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson – NFLC
Avery Gennesy, OT, Texas A&M – NFLC
William Holden, OT, Vanderbilt – NFLC
Danny Isidora, G, Miami – NFLC
Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech – NFLC
Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford – NFLC
Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida – NFLC
Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama – NFLC
Chris Godwin, WR, Penn St. – NFLC
Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova – NFLC
Jabrill Peppers, SS, Michigan – NFLC
Adoree Jackson, CB, Southern Cal – NFLC
Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas St. – NFLC
Malik Hooker, FS, Ohio St. – NFLC
Budda Baker, FS, Washington – NFLC
Jamal Adams, FS, LSU – NFLC
Malik McDowell, DE, Michigan St. – NFLC, TV
Obi Melifonwu, SS, Connecticut – NFLC, PW, TV
Cameron Lee, G, Illinois St. – NFLC
Josh Tupou, DT, Colorado – TPD
Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio State – PW
Patrick Towles, QB, Boston College – TPD
Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan – TV, PW
Patrick Ricard, DE/DT, Maine – TPD, PW
Derrick Griffin, TE, Texas Southern – TPD
Niles Scott, DT, Frostburg St. – TV
Dayon Pratt, OLB, East Carolina – TPD
T.J. Watt, ILB/OLB, Wisconsin – PW
Chad Williams, WR, Grambling – PW
Haason Reddick, OLB/ILB, Temple – TV
DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida St. – TV
Josh Jones, SS, N.C. State – PW
Tedric Thompson, FS, Colorado – TV
Derek Barnett, OLB/DE, Tennessee – TV
Kofi Amichia, G, South Florida – PW
Darius Victor, RB, Towson – TV
Levern Jacobs III, WR, Maryland – TV
Tyus Bowser, OLB/ILB/DE, Houston – TV
Deon-Tay McManus, WR, Marshall – PW
Ryan Anderson, OLB, Alabama – TV
Connor Bozick, OT, Delaware – PW

There is your final mock and prospect lists for 2017. The draft is almost here!

Hail To The Redskins!

Free Agency, The Mock Drafts, 2017(Continual Updates)​

Greetings from BBQ to all in BGO land. The first round of the NFL Draft is tonight. Will the Redskins pick at 17 or make a trade? Will they select offense or defense? Or could they trade out of the first round altogether?

These questions and more will be answered tonight.

Today we bring you a list of players that have been mocked in the first round by BBQ. We think any of these players could be selected. We are also providing a small list of players that received first round consideration during the mocking process.

If a player was mocked in a certain round and drops, then BBQ will include them in the proceeding round(s).

Let’s get right to it.

Round One Prospects

Malik Hooker, FS, Ohio St.
He likely goes very early in round one. It’s unlikely the Redskins would trade up for him. An injury could drop him, but not to 17.

Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
There is an outside chance of him dropping to 17. The Redskins could trade up.

Derek Barnett, OLB/DE, Tennessee
He could be there at 17. The Redskins have been rumored to be looking at edge in the first round.

Haason Reddick, OLB/ILB, Temple
There is a possibility of Reddick being there at 17. The Redskins are reported to be very interested in him.

Forrest Lamp, OT/G, Western Kentucky
Jay Gruden seemed cool to the idea of drafting a guard in round one. Or was that just funny coach speak?

Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama
It is unknown if Foster falls to 17, but the Redskins would likely be running quickly to the podium if it happens.

Malik McDowell, DE, Michigan St.
The player that BBQ has mocked the most in the first round and believes that it could certainly happen.

Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
Davis will likely be available at 17, but the chances are slim that the Redskins would choose him.

Chris Wormley, DE/DT, Michigan
BBQ had him mocked in the first round early in the process, but had him going in the second round recently. We’ll find out soon enough.

Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio St.
Will he stay in round one or drop on the potentially bad news? BBQ thinks he could be a true target for the Redskins from round one or later.

Other Possible Targets
O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama
Jamal Adams, FS, LSU
John Ross, WR, Washington
Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vanderbilt

Possible First Round Prospects Contacted, Interviewed, Visited:
East-West Shrine game - EW
Senior Bowl - SB
Combine – NFLC
Team Pro Day – TPD
Team Visit – TV
Private Workout – PW

Forrest Lamp, G, Western Kentucky – SB
Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford – NFLC
Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida St. – NFLC
John Ross, WR, Washington – NFLC
O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama – NFLC
Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina – NFLC
Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech – NFLC
Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford – NFLC
Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama – NFLC
Jabrill Peppers, SS, Michigan – NFLC
Malik Hooker, FS, Ohio St. – NFLC
Jamal Adams, FS, LSU – NFLC
Malik McDowell, DE, Michigan St. – NFLC, TV
Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan – TV, PW
Haason Reddick, OLB/ILB, Temple – TV
Derek Barnett, OLB/DE, Tennessee – TV

There are some first round possibilities. BBQ could score a complete miss, but we are hoping for some measure of success. The hope is that you have been able to learn about these players and how they could fit with the Redskins.

We’ll back tomorrow morning for rounds two and three.

Hail To The Redskins!

Lots of other possibilities imho including:

Mike Williams
TJ Watt
OJ Howard (BB mentions him in the fine print)
Kevin King
Jarrad Davis
Jabrill Peppers (ditto BB)

I know conventional wisdom is we go D no matter what, but I'm not buying it. With 10 picks, if there's a 'best in class' offensive player there at 17 (say we have Williams or Howard at the top of our positional draft board), we'll take him. I don't believe either Foster or McCaffery will still be available at 17 but anything's possible. Ross is a high risk pick that we won't gamble on. I also don't see any way that Conley is a 1st round pick - by anyone. Yes, he is strongly denying the rape charges are true, and it appears the early evidence points to this being a BS charge, but I still think it's too risky to potentially blow a first rounder on. Sad for him if the charges are false. I see someone taking an 2nd or 3rd round flyer on him.

Last edited:
A few of the players you listed likely goes in the second round, but you never know.

I have this funny feeling that we trade one of our 4ths, the 5th, and one (maybe both) of our 6ths to move into the second round. I didn't mock it, but it's just a gut feeling.

It's all about where teams have talent slotted on their boards. Every draft we find out that conventional wisdom for many teams was wrong - purely because the pundits had some players rated significantly higher or lower than team scouts did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, here is my own personal mock and what I think could happen.

1st - Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama
2nd - Chris Wormley, DE, Michigan
3rd - Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio St.
4th - Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma
4th - Nico Siragusa, OG, San Diego St.
5th - Dede Westbrook, WR, Oklahoma
6th - Kyle Fuller, C, Baylor
6th - Josh Tupou, DT, Colorado
7th - Caleb Brantley, DE/DT, Florida
7th - Ben Braden, OG, Michigan

That would be one helluva draft BB. You really think Mixon will hang around that late? I have to think there are teams willing to overlook the domestic violence stuff and grab him well before that...I've seen a lot of mocks showing him gone somewhere in the 2nd round...

PS - not addressing how I'd feel about that pick, just the likelihood he is available there. I think it's unlikely we go after him, purely because Snyder has not shown a propensity to pursue players with this kind of baggage in the past.

He could go that early, but a growing number of pundits have been saying he could go in the 4th or 5th. Now, if D'Onta Foreman lasts until the 4th like some are thinking, then I would rather have him on the team.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.