• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, The Mock Drafts, 2017 (Continual Updates)

I'd love to see Marley stay on track and crack active roster. He'd get snatched up by the turds or gnats if we PS him...gut feeling.

Callahan needs to run junction boys style workouts this week. I'd be fine with him bringing in Patches O'Houlihan to throw wrenches even.

Better news for Su'a Cravens. He will be out two to three weeks. Don't expect him to return to any action in the preseason.

I'm guessing that means he still won't be the starter at safety for game 1.
Can't imagine starting a safety with that few reps or experience at the position

The first game back for Ezekiel Elliott after his six game suspension will be against the Redskins.

Wonder what's the chance his appeal reduces the suspension ?
Heard he was actually taking it to court.

When he appeals I'll guess it gets reduced to 4. I doubt he would have a case for court. The league has the players by the balls with personal conduct clauses and the like. Plus the union is the weakest of all of the major sports leagues. Maybe he can find a judge that likes his abs, that's his best chance.

On the Cousins front:
I think there are two Kirk Cousins; one is a pragmatic, church going family man and one is a fierce competitive football player. We see more of the first and less of the second.

I believe Kirk can't believe his good fortune to have received guaranteed 44 million in salary for two seasons when 3 seasons ago I think he was thinking of hanging up his cleats. He probably nets aroun 23 million which if invested correctly sets him up for life. This he gets for not signing a long term deal - pretty awesome.

I think he is smart enough to know that he is in the right place with the right coach and to feel blessed he has this opportunity. I would not be surprised to see him sign a long term deal with the Redskins after this season unless he feels that by not signing he will get another franchise/guaranteed deal, in which case he probably would not sign.

He has a good to great O-line in front of him, wide receivers with lots of potential and a coach who's offensive style fits his type of play.

I think he stays.

I love this guy, both as a player and as a person.
How could anyone not ?
I really hope he makes the team, though his only shot may be the P.S.
Could he be the next London Fletcher ? Are they about the same size ?

And what high praise he has for Allen - just one resounding word to describe him.

Last edited:
I love this guy, both as a player and as a person.
How could anyone not ?
I really hope he makes the team, though his only shot may be the P.S.
Could he be the next London Fletcher ? Are they about the same size ?

And what high praise he has for Allen - just one resounding word to describe him.

I agree but Gruden's remarks have to make one wonder about his true chances:

"I'm not going to say he has no chance; everybody on our team has a chance to make the team."

@Chris, here are the complete quotes post-Ravens game.

On LB Nico Marley and if his size prevents him from a chance at making the team:
“I think he's already shut up a lot of naysayers as far that's concerned, but there's still great competition at middle linebacker. I'm not going to say he has no chance; everybody on our team has a chance to make the team. That's why they're here and that's why we're going to compete until the very end until we have to make final cuts. So I think special teams will be huge for him. How he does on special teams will be big. And then how the other guys do in front of him. Zach Brown played well, [Will] Compton played well, Mason Foster had a heck of a game with the plays that he played. I thought Josh Harvey-Clemens stepped in and made some big plays at linebacker. [Zach] Vigil made some good plays. So there's a lot of guys at middle linebacker and it's a great competition.”

On Marley's knack for being at the right place at the right time:
“Very instinctive. For that size, you have to be. He's very instinctive. He hits holes. He can shed blocks. He plays with great leverage, obviously, which is a good thing. So good player, very productive.”

I think while the injury to Murphy helps his cause, there are some super talented youngsters ahead of him right now.

Yes, I read the whole presser. That first thought stood out to me though. I think he tipped his hand, hopefully he hangs on for the practice squad. There is no way he is a mike at this level. Maybe a special teams stand out and situation defender.

If you heard it, it seems to have a different tone to it. Like he was telling the reporter, "You said he doesn't have a chance, not me."

The written word can be deceptive.

Free Agency, The Mock Drafts, 2017 (Continual Updates)​

Greetings to all. The preseason continues and training camp is over. The Redskins are preparing for their second preseason game as practices will now be held at Redskins Park.

Today we will feature our third roster prediction. Several more will be posted during the remainder of preseason and before the regular season arrives. We'll continue to monitor any free agent news and the injuries.

Who will be on the roster of fifty-three? Who will end up on the practice squad? Who will not make it to the regular season? Who will be a surprise cut? Feel free to post your roster and practice squad predictions. We'd love to see them and feel free to post more than one prediction – several are highly encouraged.

Let's get right to it.

Roster Prediction, 2017

Quarterbacks:
Kirk Cousins – Starter
Colt McCoy
Nate Sudfeld

Running Backs:
Robert Kelley – Starter
Chris Thompson
Samaje Perine
Niles Paul (Fullback, Tight End)

Wide Receivers:
Terrelle Pryor – Starter
Josh Doctson – Starter
Jamison Crowder – Starter, Slot
Maurice Harris
Ryan Grant
Brian Quick

Tight Ends:
Jordan Reed – Starter
Vernon Davis
Niles Paul (Tight End, Fullback)
Jeremy Sprinkle

Offensive Line:
Trent Williams – Starter
Morgan Moses – Starter
Brandon Scherff – Starter
Spencer Long – Starter
Shawn Lauvao – Starter
Ty Nsehke
Chase Roullier
Kyle Kalis

Defensive Line:
Stacy McGee – Starter
Jonathan Allen – Starter
Phil Taylor – Starter
Terrell McClain
Ziggy Hood
Anthony Lanier
Matt Ioannidis

Linebackers:
Ryan Kerrigan – Starter
Ryan Anderson - Starter
Will Compton – Starter
Zach Brown – Starter
Preston Smith
Junior Galette
Mason Foster
Chris Carter
Josh Harvey-Clemons (Also at Strike Safety)

Cornerbacks:
Josh Norman – Starter
Kendall Fuller – Starter
Quinton Dunbar – Starter, Nickel
Bashaud Breeland
Fabian Moreau

Safeties:
Su'a Cravens – Starter
D.J. Swearinger – Starter
Deshazor Everett
Will Blackmon
Montae Nicholson
Josh Harvey-Clemons (Also at Linebacker)

Special Teams:
Dustin Hopkins
Tress Way
Nick Sundberg

PUP List, Injured Reserve:
DeAngelo Hall, FS (PUP)
Jordan Reed, TE (PUP)
Kevin Bowen, OT (IR)
Keith Marshall, RB (IR)
Trent Murphy, OLB (IR)

Practice Squad:
Mack Brown, RB
Fish Smithson, FS
Robert Davis, WR
John Kling, OT
Joey Mbu, DE/DT
Tyler Catalina, G
Lynden Trail, LB
Josh Holsey, CB
Nico Marley, ILB
Zach Pascal, WR

BBQs Surprise Cuts:
Arie Kouandjio, G
Martrell Spaight, LB
Matt Jones, RB (Traded?)
Derek Carrier, TE

There is the third roster prediction of 2017. BBQ will continue to have reports and observations from preseason. If you have been following training camp and practices, then let us know of anything that you have seen or heard. Feel free to comment on any aspect of this blog, even if it is something posted back in January. When the regular season arrives, we'll return to the weekly grades, evaluations, and questions. We're getting closer!

See you as we go along

Hail To The Redskins!

We have a guy named Fish on our team? That's awesome.

Cornerbacks:
Josh Norman – Starter
Kendall Fuller – Starter
Quinton Dunbar – Starter, Nickel
Bashaud Breeland
Fabian Moreau

Breeland not starting? Fuller and Dunbar prove enough to supplant him?

I will not be surprised, if some of the rumors out there regarding Breeland's attitude are true, if both he and Matt Jones are released or traded before the start of the regular season. It makes no sense to carry talented athletes on your roster that you are unwilling to play. Better to cut bait and get something for them if possible.

I don't know how close to that decision point the team is on either Matt Jones or Breeland.

If he's on the outs, then Williams and co. need to be on the horn to get him moved before final cut downs. I would hope could get some value for him.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/redskins-release-second-unofficial-depth-chart-after-first-preseason-game?utm_content=buffer3c3bb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Unofficial depth chart still has Breeland listed as starting across from Norman... Not that it means a thing, on paper he's still the guy. I know they wouldn't truly bench him in the event that if they couldn't move him, it would cause more problems and it also would diminish his value, but it does look like something to keep an eye on.

I will not be surprised, if some of the rumors out there regarding Breeland's attitude are true, if both he and Matt Jones are released or traded before the start of the regular season. It makes no sense to carry talented athletes on your roster that you are unwilling to play. Better to cut bait and get something for them if possible.

I don't know how close to that decision point the team is on either Matt Jones or Breeland.

I think there's a substantial hesitancy to depart from a player who still has a tremendous upside, and has the potential for his downside to be overturned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.