• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, The Mock Drafts, 2017 (Continual Updates)

Stephen Czarda‏@SCzardaRedskins
Redskins trade CB Dashaun Phillips to the Steelers for C Lucas Crowley.

Wonder if Long will be out longer than expected or they might not want to rush him back

I literally have not heard one single blip about Pipkins in all of TC, Preseason, or Post-TC practices.
How does a man that big just disappear ?
Based on the total lack of mentions, I'm guessing he doesn't even have a shot at the PS.
BB ?
Anyone ?

Free Agency, The Mock Drafts, 2017 (Continual Updates)​

Greetings to all. The third preseason game is in the books and the regular season inches ever so close. That means we can see the cool, crisp days of fall and the football season at the next exit ramp. The Redskins continue to prepare for their 2017 schedule at Redskins Park.

Today we will feature our fifth and final roster prediction. Next week we will have the final BBQ entry in this offseason blog – the game by game predictions.

Who will be on the roster of fifty-three? Who will end up on the practice squad? Who will not make it to the regular season? Who will be a surprise cut? Feel free to post your roster and practice squad predictions. We'd love to see them and feel free to post more than one prediction – several are highly encouraged.

Let's get right to it.

Roster Prediction, 2017

Quarterbacks:
Kirk Cousins – Starter
Colt McCoy

Running Backs:
Robert Kelley – Starter
Chris Thompson
Samaje Perine
Mack Brown
Niles Paul (Fullback, Tight End)

Wide Receivers:
Terrelle Pryor – Starter
Josh Doctson – Starter
Jamison Crowder – Starter, Slot
Maurice Harris
Ryan Grant
Brian Quick

Tight Ends:
Jordan Reed – Starter
Vernon Davis
Niles Paul (Tight End, Fullback)
Jeremy Sprinkle

Offensive Line:
Trent Williams – Starter
Morgan Moses – Starter
Brandon Scherff – Starter
Spencer Long – Starter
Shawn Lauvao – Starter
Ty Nsehke
Chase Roullier
Kyle Kalis

Defensive Line:
Stacy McGee – Starter
Jonathan Allen – Starter
A.J. Francis - Starter
Ziggy Hood
Matt Ioannidis
Terrell McClain
Anthony Lanier

Linebackers:
Ryan Kerrigan – Starter
Ryan Anderson - Starter
Mason Foster – Starter
Zach Brown – Starter
Preston Smith
Junior Galette
Martrell Spaight
Chris Carter
Josh Harvey-Clemons (Also at Strike Safety)

Cornerbacks:
Josh Norman – Starter
Fabian Moreau – Starter
Kendall Fuller – Starter, Nickel
Quinton Dunbar
Bashaud Breeland

Safeties:
Su'a Cravens – Starter
D.J. Swearinger – Starter
Deshazor Everett
Will Blackmon
Montae Nicholson
Josh Harvey-Clemons (Also at Linebacker)

Special Teams:
Dustin Hopkins
Tress Way
Nick Sundberg

PUP List, Injured Reserve:
DeAngelo Hall, FS (PUP)
Kevin Bowen, OT (IR)
Keith Marshall, RB (IR)
Trent Murphy, OLB (IR)
Phil Taylor, DT (IR)

Practice Squad:
Fish Smithson, FS
Robert Davis, WR
Nate Sudfeld, QB
John Kling, OT
Joey Mbu, DE/DT
Tyler Catalina, G
Lynden Trail, LB
Josh Holsey, CB
Nico Marley, ILB
Zach Pascal, WR

BBQs Surprise Cuts:
Arie Kouandjio, G
Will Compton, LB
Matt Jones, RB (Traded?)
Derek Carrier, TE

There is the final roster prediction of 2017. BBQ will continue to monitor any remaining activity from the last days of preseason. If you have been following training camp, preseason, practices, etc., then let us know of anything that you have seen or heard. Feel free to comment on any aspect of this blog, even if it is something posted back in January. When the regular season arrives, we'll return to the weekly grades, evaluations, and questions. We're getting closer!

See you as we go along

Hail To The Redskins!

Could we see a repeat of last year ?
I think the 4th preseason game last year was also at Tampa, and Mack Brown really shined, and earned a PS spot, and eventually a spot on the 53.
He's probably going to need another Terrific Tampa, to make the team again.

I will be surprised if they cut Will Compton. I know the logical question would be 'who does he beat out in order to stay on the roster?' and I don't have an answer for that, but I just think Gruden loves the kid and would be surprised to see them not keep him on board.

Seems like as good a list as any, BB.

The only move I'd make is, keeping Sudfield. See if Josh Harvey Clemons can clear waivers and wind up on the practice squad.

These roster predictions are about the easiest offseason thing I do, but there are usually three or four misses. We'll know in the coming days.

Joe Haden has been cut this morning by the Browns.

Do we have any interest? Should we?

Joe Haden already got snapped up by the Steelers. They paid to much for him and he has been plagued with injuries over the last couple of years.

Sheldon Richardson? Ok, now you have my attention.

I like meat loaf, mashed taters, and green beans.

Last edited:
Still do not know why the Redskins can't say goodbye to DeAngelo Hall.

He's a no brainer cut.

Still do not know why the Redskins can't say goodbye to DeAngelo Hall.

He's a no brainer cut.

hes on the pup... doesnt apply to the 53 man until he's activated. Might need a vet backup at that point if it's not for a while

ryangrant.jpg

You know how it feels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.