• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2017 Draft Poll

How should the Skins use the 17th pick in the 1st round in the 2017 draft?

• QB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RB

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • WR/TE

• OL

• DL

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • LB

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • DB

• BPA - regardless of what position he plays

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters
Let's look at it this way. Which positions should they not draft in the first round?

QB - Sign Cousins and you don't have to worry about that
RB - Unless you can guarantee you have Adrian Peterson, you can find a back in later rounds. They aren't worth a first rounder anymore.
WR - With the pick of Doctson last year, another WR would be a maddening pick. But the Lions found Calvin Johnson on their 3rd try.
CB - Not preferred, but if you identify a lockdown, shutdown CB, you take him.
K/P - Self Explanatory.

Every other position could use an upgrade. T, G, C, DT, DE, OLB, ILB, S.

There are so many options, which is why so many of us are saying BPA. It's almost a guarantee that player will help right away, baring an injury.

We need a back ... Our offense last year rushing was sad .. Why not move up a couple spots a pick up Fournette or cook .. Be this years zek .. Zek made the cowgirls offense move this year

I would not trade up for a RB, but if an elite prospect fell to us at 17 I would have no problem taking him.

You guys suggest Zeke is all that great, he only bested Alfred Morris by 23 yards in his rookie season behind a much better OL.

Derek Henry, Davonte Freeman, and a handful of other backs could have done that...hell, Darren McFadden ran for 1000 yards for Dallass the year before.

Too early to tell how good Elliott is imho.

Too early to tell how good Elliott is imho.

He's good, but the way people talk about him, he's the best RB in the history of the game. LeVeon Bell is far better.

Yeah, didn't Johnson in Arizona have almost identical numbers? Behind an inferior Oline?

I don't think he's really that good but can break one or two a game which opens up the field more ! Say we get dalvin cook or offense whould be that much better feel me

Sure, if it only were that easy.
But Zeke is a one in a thousand, and so is the Dallas O-line, practically.

No he isn't. I keep hearing this...the kid is good, but he's not all that. Alfred Morris was drafted late and churned off 23 less yards in his rookie season than Elliott did, Zeke is not as great as is suggested. Let him come here and see how he does on this OL. You know who ended up with rookie of the year honors? It wasn't Elliott, it was Prescott.

I love Dalvin Cook, I believe he is the real deal, but he was used so much in college, I think he will not last longer than his rookie contract nor do I believe he is a 16 game back. Fournette is a running machine, but is not an all-around back. RB's need to be able to block in Gruden's scheme with no FB. If we do go RB, McCaffrey is the only RB I'd take and I would take him at 17...no questions asked.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we need DL, but there is not a single DL we can draft at 17 that has the value Christian McCaffrey brings.

I just don't know if there is value in drafting a RB in the 1st round. The life span of a RB is so short. The second contract (post rookie contract) with RBs is always dicey because you are paying to watch their decline. Very few make that second contract count and you can find those guys in later rounds just as easily. What I don't know is if GMs take that into account when drafting or if they just look at the current talent. You would think they would have that calculated when making their draft board, but who knows. And who knows what the draft board will look like this year for the Redskins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.