• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Well here we go, Defensive changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if you're gonna do it, this is the way.

Let the new DC bring in his own guys. Since it's his ass on the line.

Just gotta pick the right DC now.

The NFL dot is saying Barry and at least 1 other assistant. Next few hours should tell the tale.

As always, if LaCan puts it out early there may be some discrepancies in the 'facts' ;)

Now, it feels like Christmas morning.

I wonder if we'll stay 3-4, or go back to 4-3. Which to this Ugly American, seem to fit the talent we have a little better.

It-has-begun_zpstvh1hitw.jpg

Looking good.

I know we don't want to rush things, but I want whoever the new guy is to have as much time as possible to go over the roster, determine scheme, and assist in targeting available free agents.

Might need to have Murphy and Kerrigan beef up if they are going to be DE's in a 4-3.

Now, it feels like Christmas morning.

I wonder if we'll stay 3-4, or go back to 4-3. Which to this Ugly American, seem to fit the talent we have a little better.

Going to a 4-3 even with the current roster would be an improvement.

Nick

Dear New Defensive Coordinator,

Please include the word "attack" in every...friggin...sentence.

Hate to revel in another's misfortune, but ... thank you, Jay Gruden. Thank you for either deciding on your own your friend Joe Barry isn't the right man for the job, or for listening to Scot M., and agreeing he's probably right.

Either way, it's not hard to imagine there's anywhere but up to go from here:

28th total defense
19th points per game
32nd 3rd down
25th passing
24th rushing

Betting that this was Gruden call all the way. He is a smart man and when he highlighted the three biggest failures this year after the Giants loss - 2 of them were defensive - inability to stop the run and inability to stop 3rd down conversions. That was a tipoff to me that he would fire Barry. I hope he gets some credit for making those tough decisions because I guarantee you this was not mandated by McCloughan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.