• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Offensive Coordinator Kyle Shanahan

Alex Gibbs isn't coming to the Skins, he's Pete Carroll's first hire in Seattle.

This is shocking to me, considering he worked with Kyle and Mike Shanahan for extended periods in the past. I'm flabbergasted he wasn't lured to the Skins.

I've heard, and this is rumour, that Shanahan fired Alex Gibbs's son, David Gibbs, who was Denver's defensive backs coach from 2001-2004, and that Alex Gibbs hasn't spoken to Shanahan since.

Interesting anecdote about Alex Gibbs and Shanny.

Also, LaCanfora reporting Danny Smith to stay in DC, after being denied permission to interview elsewhere. Another head-scratching decision.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Not necessarily Lanky. Smith is viewed as a great Special Teams coach, or so I am given to believe, and it is very possible that he has been getting a lot out of little in terms of talent. His work this last year on fakes was brilliant, the swinging gate fiasco not with standing (I put that on Zorn).

I don't have a problem with keeping Smith around if we are going to work on upgrading the depth players that are typically so key to success on Special Teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.