• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes Post-Game Skins vs. Panthers: Redskins Players

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
REDSKINS QB KIRK COUSINS

On the Panthers’ strategy:
“I thought they did a really good job. I thought defensively they executed very well. I thought their defensive backs played very well, played with good vision, reacted well to routes, and I thought the linebackers played very smart. O-line protected well. I felt a pretty good pocket all night long.”

On the Redskins’ offensive performance:
“We didn’t play well enough to win. We just didn’t make enough plays.”

On his frustration during the game:
“Each time we’re down there it has a different reason, so it’s not just one thing, but whether it’s a penalty or we just didn’t execute or just missed an opportunity, whatever it may be, those yards are precious as you get close to the end zone.”

On playing without TE Jordan Reed for part of the game:
“We always want our best players on the field but we understand that in the NFL you’re going to have injuries and people are not always going to be there, and for a few weeks this year we haven’t had him and our offense has still been able to be fairly productive. So it’s no excuse not having him.”

On WR DeSean Jackson’s performance:
“He just did a great job. He made tough catches, he ran great routes, he created separation and you know he’s a talented, special player. When the ball comes his way, good things happen”

On RB Robert Kelley as a receiver:
“I just go where my leads take me, so if they take away Pierre [Garçon], DeSean [Jackson] or Jordan [Reed], or Vernon [Davis] and they’re not covering him, Rob is going to get the football. And if they want to cover Rob, then Pierre or DeSean will [get the football], so on some of those plays Rob was the open man.”

On run plays slowing down the no-huddle:
“I think you want to be honest. You don’t want them to know that every time you go no-huddle it’s a drop-back pass. You want to have balance and you’ve got to mix it up and you’re able to see clearly. But I thought it was good to have some change-ups there.”

On the fumble to start the second half:
“Tough play. I fumbled and gave them the ball on the one-yard line and that’s where we felt that we did not do enough to help our defense, because on top of not scoring enough, we gave their offense a much better opportunity to score and made it tough on our defense. That’s why turnovers are such a big part of football and why you want to protect the football whenever you can. You’ve still got to take chances and make plays. Usually teams that can force turnovers or protect the football tend to do much better.”

On the interception:
“I think they did a good job. I think the safety made a great play and did a good job all night of mixing up their coverages and playing different looks and they made a great play. They made some good plays throughout the night.”

On why the Panthers’ defense had success on third down:
“I can’t really comment too much right now. I know on some of the third downs it was a combination. It’s not just one thing. It was a missed throw, a missed catch, it was a breakdown in different ways each time. But there were certainly some makeable third downs where the past several weeks I would say we’ve been much better on those third and mediums than we were tonight. If we hadn’t converted those third and mediums in other games, we wouldn’t have been able to do what we did offensively. So, you’ve got to stay on the field and to do that. You’ve got to convert on third downs.”

REDSKINS CB JOSH NORMAN

On the feeling of knowing they controlled their playoff fate entering the game:
“First and foremost, it was a hard-fought game. They beat us. You have to credit them. They came out and did what they had to do. We really weren’t looking at, 'Win out and you’re safe.’ We were looking at that game and that opponent that week. This week was the Carolina Panthers and we just didn’t get the job done. You just have to tip your hats off to them. I definitely thank God for coming out here and preparing and to play this game with no major injuries. I know we had a concussion here or there. We just have to take an understanding in knowing that we have an opportunity to do the things we’re taught to do. Coaches ask for us to go out there and execute to the best of our abilities. We just didn’t have enough of those plays tonight.”

On his emotions of facing his former team:
“Yeah, it was different. It was. I can’t say it wasn’t. Some of the guys did what I knew they were going to do. The routes they were running were similar to going back to what I saw in practice when I was with them. They did a couple things to switch up, which is cool. But at the same time, I don’t know, just going out there and just playing ball and trying to get a W, I think that was the biggest thing. We didn’t get that accomplished tonight, we really didn’t. We have to go back and look at what we did wrong and our mistakes. We’ll go at it for this two-game series. We just have two games left and we have to come out here and finish the job.”

On the defensive issues:
“I don’t really know. I can’t answer that. But I do know that we have to sure up a few things and come back here and get ready for Chicago, that’s it. They did a good job. They came out and they stuck to their game plan and didn’t waver. We had our flaws in the execution of it. You have to take your hats off to them.”

REDSKINS CB BASHAUD BREELAND

On no longer being able to control their own fate:
“You know, we felt like we were in control at that point and wanted to stay in control and not put our destiny in anyone else’s hands. So, we came out with the intensity that we have to win this game.”

On if he is more comfortable moving around on defense:
“I always feel like I’m a very versatile player and that I can play every position in the back end, whatever my team needs me to play. Put me in and I feel like I can help them.”

On how they bounce back:
“It doesn’t change. The mentality doesn’t change. We still have two games to fight and finish the season. The road for the 16 is the plan from the beginning, and that’s what we’re going to continue doing.”

REDSKINS DE CHRIS BAKER

On keeping a short memory with the Chicago Bears coming up:
“Well, we’ve still got everything that we want in our hands. We just have to find a way to win these next two and see what happens. It’s a whole lot of situations to make it or not make it but we just have to handle what we can handle and that’s going out there and trying to win these next two games.”

On what has led to the slow starts:
“I don’t know, but we have to fix it and fix it fast. Everyone wants to talk about the playoffs but you know there’s no point in talking about it if we can’t win the games we are supposed to win. We can’t come out and have a turnover on the first play of the second half and give up a touchdown and continue to let them continue drives when we should be off the field, third and long and we just have to find a way to get off the ball, to get off the field and give the offense back the ball. It’s very frustrating to continue to see teams who you know, shouldn’t be playing with us beat us, so [we] have to find a way to be better.”

REDSKINS RB ROBERT KELLEY

On mixing up the plays in the offensive backfield:
“You don’t ever want the offensive coordinator to ever feel like they can’t give certain plays to certain guys in the game so I guess tonight that showed that they believe in me in certain things. Obviously they put Chris [Thompson] in more run plays or whatever the case may be.”

On going three-and-out often in the game:
“I think we just weren’t getting the run game started and those guys came out and played on the defensive side of the ball for the Panthers.”

On losing control of their playoff fate:
“You never know what happens. It’s football. Any given Sunday, anything could happen. You just have to go out there and play. You can’t worry about all that other stuff. Let it fall in place.”

On what spark he looks to provide the team:
“Any kind of spark, whether it’s blocking, running the ball, picking up in pass protection whatever the case may be. Whatever they need me for, really, I mean I don’t have any specific thing I want to do. Just help the team.”

REDSKINS TE VERNON DAVIS

On becoming the 12th tight end in NFL history to record 500 receptions:
“It’s an honor, truly it’s an honor to be able to achieve something like that over the course of your tenure, but you know, I mean, all I can do is keep moving forward, keep moving forward, cannot become complacent with the achievements, accolades. All I can do is keeping going, keep going and keep setting goals for myself and just strive to just keep reaching heights that I’ve never imagined could happen. It’s a great milestone to just take with me, keep it with me and to keep building on, but it’s truly an honor and I’m very appreciative.”

REDSKINS WR DESEAN JACKSON

On what happened with the offense tonight:
“Everybody could see for themselves. We weren’t productive enough to win a football game. It was a tough battle. Carolina played a good game. They outplayed us, came into our house and got a victory. Call it how it is, we lost [and] didn’t play good. It’s very frustrating.”

On letting the chance to control their own destiny slip away:
“We knew what we had at stake and we knew what we had in our hands. Everybody in this locker room’s plans aren’t done. All we have to do is take care of business. As you see, tonight was one of those games where we kind of got ahead of ourselves. A lot of turnovers, mistakes. Third down, we didn’t play good. They came out there and had more energy, made more plays, stopped us when we needed plays, scored points and we didn’t do it. We didn’t get it done.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.