• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes 12/17/16: Jay Gruden

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
December 17, 2016

Head Coach Jay Gruden

On the injury report:
“[Su’a] Cravens will be out – upper arm, illness. Doubtful will be [Will] Compton, knee. Questionable: [Chris] Baker, ankle; [Will] Blackmon, concussion, thumb; [Mack] Brown, concussion; [Ryan] Kerrigan, knee; [Shawn] Lauvao, groin; [Spencer] Long, concussion; [Ty] Nsekhe, ankle; [Jordan] Reed, shoulder; and [Martrell] Spaight, shoulder; and [John] Sullivan, illness.”

On if LB Will Compton practiced today:
“No. Did not participate today.”

On if he thinks Compton could play Monday:
“There’s still a flicker of hope there. A flicker of hope.”

On if he has hope Su’a Cravens could play next week:
“Yes, yes we do. But clearly he’s not ready this week. It’s just a matter of how quickly that thing heals.”

On if TE Jordan Reed will be available to play more than he did last week:
“I hope so. We’ll see how he’s doing.”

On if there is a question of Cravens’ durability and if it could lead to a position change:
“That’s a good question. I think if we were to make a position switch, it would be because we think he would be better at that position – not be because of the injuries. I think there’s fluky-type things. This thing is just a little bicep bruise or whatever you want to call it. We’re not concerned about his longevity whatsoever, but if we did make that switch, it would be because we think he would be really good at the other position.”

On how the preparation was this week:
“It was good. I was able to add some reps on Thursday and Friday, and today we had a really good day. So I think we got the necessary work out of them. We still had quite a few walkthroughs to help them out – especially for all of the things Carolina does offensively and defensively. So we got a lot of good work in, more so than last week because we had more healthy bodies.”

On who will play in Cravens’ role:
“Obviously [Martrell] Spaight and [Mason] Foster will get the majority of the work and then Terence [Garvin] is ready to roll. And Nick Moody had a good week and he’s picked up the defense extremely well. So we have those four linebackers and then hopefully Compton maybe, who knows, but if Compton can’t go, we have those four.”

On if Carolina’s defense looks similar to last year:
“Yeah, they have some of the same coverages that are carrying over from last year. They just have different people doing it, you know? In the secondary obviously, they have three new secondary people. Roman Harper was back there last year, obviously Josh [Norman] and they have two new corners and a new safety, so I think the longer they’ve play together, the better they’ve got, so they’re able to implement more stuff also. They’re playing pretty well, I think. I think they’re a darn good defense.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.