• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2016 BGO NFL Pickem Week 14 Results

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
This week, it was the mighty one, Ax, alone at the top with an impressive 14-2 record, with tugboat and micks113 right on his heels at 13-3. Rounding out our top 10 for the week were Yusuf06, DixieFlatline, McD5, Posse Lover, JohnssBass, China, and DieselPwr44.

On the season, micks113 has put some distance between himself and the challengers with 137 wins and a 3 game lead over Posse Lover and Ax. Rounding out our current top 10 on the season are redskins26, Boone, Jimbo, DieselPwr44, JohnssBass, IronMike, and Om.

Please continue to play each week. The top 4 prize spots are far from decided, and remember all players are eligible for a special prize for the seemingly unattainable perfect week!

For complete Week 14 and Season to Date results, log into your Pocket Office Pool - Easy to use office football pool software account and run your 'Recap Report'.

Best of luck in Week 15! :cheers:

Impressive week for Ax.

Boone, looking at the Season records, I was trying to figure out how micks113 has more losses than those behind him. Somehow it stood out to me. I would have thought he had 70. If you pre-pick future weeks, does it count them as losses until played? That would account for the 16 more than expected.

I think if you miss a whole week picking, your record doesn't change. Its based on wins and not winning percentage, otherwise, if you went 15-1 the first week, you could not play anymore and win the game. So its about the wins.

Remember folks, if you are picking the same winners as me, you won't catch up. I.e. if I choose all favorites or home teams and you do to, you won't gain ground. Winning pick em is all about picking the upsets.

My strategy, obviously, is to pick what everyone else is picking, rather than trying to pick the winner......if that makes any sense.

I try to pick an upset a week - there's usually at least one that happens every week, just gotta pick the right one (duh). More often than not I'll get it, I might screw myself elsewhere but like micks said, you won't catch up by tying. Sometimes that underdog doesn't come through (thanx Cleveland) but I really have nuthin' to lose at this point. Browns have now lost 16 straight - that's actually pretty hard to do.

I think if you miss a whole week picking, your record doesn't change. Its based on wins and not winning percentage, otherwise, if you went 15-1 the first week, you could not play anymore and win the game. So its about the wins.

Remember folks, if you are picking the same winners as me, you won't catch up. I.e. if I choose all favorites or home teams and you do to, you won't gain ground. Winning pick em is all about picking the upsets.

My strategy, obviously, is to pick what everyone else is picking, rather than trying to pick the winner......if that makes any sense.

Oh yeah, totally about total wins. I think something must have been up with the report, because it now shows you with 70 wrong. When I wrote it, you had 16 more total picks (wins+losses) than others. That's what threw me.

It's tough to make up ground, but you are right, you have to find the right upsets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.