• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Recon - The Eagles:Second Time Around

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
OK, it's the Eagles again-and between the two teams the Redskins have been having the better time of it. Eagles fans know it and it shows in their comments.

And there are very few of those.

Very few give Philly much of a chance in this game-no matter what Vegas oddsmakers are saying right at the moment.

JuTMSY4

We should spoil the Foreskins season next week
Not sure if Pedo will have them ready? No reason this team shouldn't be all geeked up to stomp them.

BentzforWentz

and welcome back DJax with a helmet to helmet hit too?

IronEagle

We want him intact for next year.

The fact that the opening Las Vegas line was a pick-'em did not escape notice.

nephilymike

That's a surprise.

They must think this team of tin men have heart.

I expect this to go up to Was -2 by kickoff.

On another note, the football gods are on to me. My string of betting the other side to ensure an Eagles win was stopped at six. (selectively used over the last few years) I thought I had them fooled and that their focus on damning my picks would have back doored an Eagles win. Didn't happen Sunday.

It would be nice to get a win and prove that there is hope that we aren't the least in the east. They better. If they play bad at home, they will boo the shit out of them.

56 years and counting.....

The Franchise

At this point I consider the team checked out for the year. A pick'em line is ridiculous, against a tough Washington team fighting for a playoff spot.

Joegrane

I agree. Also the Skins tend to matchup well with the Eagles.

And, of course, some score predictgions popped up.

DMQB5

Redskins 26

Eagles 20

Though this does - if the team hasn't quit - smell like a trap game for Washington. Get a couple drinks in me come noon on Sunday, this prediction could flip......

krukster15

23-22 Eagles.

DollarDogs

23-22 Redskins.

Unstoppable54

This a tough call, I go back and forth.

30-21 Skins

Maxx

Redskins 26 Eagles 17

paul_mokeski

skins....like gb...a bad matchup for us. their d is awfuk but we have just what ails them in our O. and their offense can score on anyone. if we got beaten handily with everything on the line last year in this matchup i can only imagine this will be worse. 30 to 14.

thebirdman

skins- 27

birds- 20

carson airmails a few on yet another failed final drive attempt. the legacy continues.

The first drive of this season was awesome.

sfmd6312

Skins are still playing for something, Eagles mailed it in after Seattle. Im just hoping to not have another non competitive game

paul_mokeski

Even if they hadn't quit on doug, I don't see how this game is competitive. Again, they played their hearts out for the division title last year and still couldn't come close to stopping Washington. So I don't see how they will fare any better playing for nothing but pride. I think they could try their hardest and play well and still not hold Washington under 30. So unless you see this offense scoring more than 30 I don't see a way for a possible win (or really a close game even).

Anguis

Reed will be out, but then again, Bengals didn't have Greene and that didn't matter at all.

No matter what, there's always at least one optimist....

bednarik

Eagles-28

Skins-17

Ok, Skins, time to get back on track with a win.

More...

Thanks, serv.

Beyond weird to see Philly Phan so beaten down ... AND to see the Redskins viewed as "tough" and able to "score on anyone" and likely to come into Philly and roll the locals. The web hadn't been invented last time things were thus.

Skins better sure as hell show up. I'm thinking any realistic shot at the playoffs ends with a third straight loss and fall to .500 with three games to go. I put this one squarely on how the defense plays in the second half Sunday. The last few games we have been a no-show defensively after halftime. That simply can't happen again--not against a team going nowhere and a rookie QB who's gotten shakier as their season has slipped away.

Agree Om.

Gibbs, back in the day, always expected tough games regardless of where either team was at....every game, every opponent and always had his guys 'ready'.

Hoping that a 'fresh' Trent sparks the O line enough to up their game to get some run going along with a determined Kirk.

Hard to figure out what's up with the D but those third and longs have got to be stopped to give our O more chances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.