• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: 2016 Week 14 - Redskins @ Eagles

• Thread starter Blognostications
  • Start date

Blognostications

Blognosticator - JohnssBass

Phat Rob Phlattens Phrickn

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice ... clean and to the point.

If we come out looking engaged from the beginning and don't feed the crowd and Eagles energy with dumb penalties and mistakes, this one could well play out like you predict. My real concern heading into this one is how poorly we've started the last two outings.

We can NOT let Philly take their first offensive possession and march right down the field, getting chunks on the ground and converting 3rd downs, like we did against Dallas and AZ. On the road that kind of start can play out more like a 10 or even 14-point deficit ... it lights the home team and crowd on fire.

The Eagles are ripe for being knocked out of the 2016 conversation once and for all, and a good start by us helps them along that path. Giving them an opening by starting slow and/or dumb, however, and thus hope for a late-season good day in front of their certifiable crowd, and things could get dicey.

You definitely have the right game plan in mind. But you must be high on crack if you think this staff will voluntarily, and consistently, run the rock. Like they should have been doing for the last three years. Hopefully, having dipshit back at LT will help both the run, and passing games.

I don't want anyone injured, but I don't think Gruden would agree with you that we can't afford to lose Kirk. Gruden is a system guy. And like all system guys, he thinks only an idiot can't succeed in his system. I think we would be fine with Colt. (Please, I'm not bashing Kirk). He knows the system well. And, he would also force the coaches to run a little more. And force might be the only thing to EVER get them to commit to running the football.

Anyway, good job on the piece. And I do hope someone at Ashburn has the vision hit them like a bolt of lighting.

Die Eagles, die!

Redskins 38
Eagles 17

Based on the defensive performance from last week, I don't see how the Redskins could hold any team to under 20 points except the Browns (oh wait, even the Browns put up 20 on the 'skins D).

Redskins will win this game by the slimmest of margins, say 30-28.

And that will keep up the illusion we are an NFC contender at 7-5-1.

It's really hard to imagine this team with this defense winning a playoff game though.

If we do manage to hold off Tampa and/or Atlanta for the last wildcard it will be another first round exit.

Thanx for all the comments, folks.
Keep the cards and letters coming. OK, after last week, maybe not so much the Cards...

Last week 1 run for 13 yards in the 1st qtr. Didn't run again until the 2nd. That stat screams run again.
I really hope the desire for a win outweighs the pathological need to screw around. They know what worked last time, start there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.