• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The next four games ....

SkinnedAussie

The Team Captain
Reaction score
It's not often I start a thread, but the next four games have me concerned. The players state of mind will determine whether we go to the play-offs, but it's not going to be easy if you are a Redskin fan.

Next week we have the Eagles. This is a game we should win, but the previous years have shown we tend to lose games we should win. This is where the players state of mind comes in to play. Also, Trent Williams will return from his four week lay-off, but whether that is enough? Only time will tell.

The following week we host the Panthers on MNF. Another must-win for both teams. Of the other teams in the running for the sixth seed, TB play Dallas, the Vikings host the Colts, and Arizona host the Saints.

The second last game sees us travel to Chicago. A win here could see us home, but we have to win the previous week as well.

The final regular season game will be make-or-break. We host the Giants and a win is a must. Any 2 losses leading up to this could see our chances definitely gone.

Needless to say, the next four weeks are season defining.

With our defense, winning is a risky proposition.

I did notice that Blackmon was injured late in the game. Will he be available next week? Reed could be doubtful, and what is happening with DJax?

As I see it, it will take more than a FG fest to gain a play-off berth.

I think the time for that was about 12 weeks ago. Give or take a week.

After yesterday, I'm not sure it really matters. We aren't putting our best of the field physically or mentally. Blame goes to coaches and players.

Good teams win even when they aren't at their best.

I hate it when it comes to the time when your team is one that is mathematically alive, but needs help. This is how an optimist says we're done.

As it stands now, going into Week 15, nothing's changed. Yeah, we Won, but there's still more work to do. I'll admit it; I'm nervous about Carolina on Monday Night. But the truth is if The Skins are a Playoff Team, then the business gets handled at home. No doubt about it.

And this week, we could use a loss out of the Bucs and/or Giants. All told, I'm still optimistic.

As it stands now, going into Week 15, nothing's changed. Yeah, we Won, but there's still more work to do. I'll admit it; I'm nervous about Carolina on Monday Night. But the truth is if The Skins are a Playoff Team, then the business gets handled at home. No doubt about it.

And this week, we could use a loss out of the Bucs and/or Giants. All told, I'm still optimistic.

Or Atlanta.

Okay, as is are we assured a playoff spot if we win out? Or are there the many variables of other games considered?

Apparently were a 1/2 game out, winning out increases our chances but somebody has to loose somewhere along the line to make up that 1/2 game.
We lost 'our own control' in Arizona while the other playoff hopefuls kept winning.

The permutations for us to get in can usually be found in the 'Who we're rooting for' thread.

It's actually extremely simple.
If we win out, all we need is 1 loss by EITHER Tampa or Atlanta out of either of their remaining games, and we're in.
That's 6 games between them, and just 1 loss is needed, which is a pretty high likelihood.....assuming we do our job.

The Giants are getting a lot of breaks.

This week they face a 9-4 Detroit Lions team that has won a lot of fourth quarter games on the arm of Matthew Stafford.

But, conveniently for them Stafford hurt his throwing hand in last week's game and will have to wear a soft sleeve/glove to protect his hand.

So, I don't see the Redskins passing the Giants for that first wildcard.

With that assumption, the Dallas vs. Tampa game is a MUST WIN for us in re Dallas.

Tampa is really the competition for the playoffs right now.

Even if other teams in the NFC earn a tie rather than win over the last 3-4 weeks, we hold the tiebreaker against both the Packers and Vikings.

Seattle has won the NFC West and the Cardinals are out of it.

Atlanta looks like the NFC South winner.

Dallas will clinch the NFC East with a win over Tampa or the next week.

Overall, though, my lasting thought right now about 2016 is what might have been.

Washington has a chance to go 10-5-1 after a 9-7 season in 2015.

If we had added significant talent on defense in the draft and were better than 31st in the NFL on defense on third downs and 29th overall, just imagine where we would be right now.

We might be challenging the Cowboys for the division title.

The Giants are getting a lot of breaks.

This week they face a 9-4 Detroit Lions team that has won a lot of fourth quarter games on the arm of Matthew Stafford.

But, conveniently for them Stafford hurt his throwing hand in last week's game and will have to wear a soft sleeve/glove to protect his hand.

So, I don't see the Redskins passing the Giants for that first wildcard.

With that assumption, the Dallas vs. Tampa game is a MUST WIN for us in re Dallas.

Tampa is really the competition for the playoffs right now.

Even if other teams in the NFC earn a tie rather than win over the last 3-4 weeks, we hold the tiebreaker against both the Packers and Vikings.

Seattle has won the NFC West and the Cardinals are out of it.

Atlanta looks like the NFC South winner.

Dallas will clinch the NFC East with a win over Tampa or the next week.

Overall, though, my lasting thought right now about 2016 is what might have been.

Washington has a chance to go 10-5-1 after a 9-7 season in 2015.

If we had added significant talent on defense in the draft and were better than 31st in the NFL on defense on third downs and 29th overall, just imagine where we would be right now.

We might be challenging the Cowboys for the division title.

Atlanta and Tampa have the same record and play the same division foes to end the season after this week...Tampa has a more difficult task this week, but the Cowturds have been exposed. I don't see either of them winning out, but we'll see.

We just need to take care of our own and the rest will work it's way out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.