• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

This Week, We're Rooting For...

Ax

So, here we go. Only 5 games left. And as of this morning, we are assured a playoff berth, by simply winning out.

While the division seems out of reach, until it actually is, we can still hope for it.
A wildcard appears our best bet. So, here's what we want this week.

Obviously, job one is always a Redskins victory. But, in order to have some breathing room, and positon ourselves a better slot...

Crackboys@Vikings - A Dallas loss is always a good thing. However, them beating Minny on Thursday puts some more space between us.
We hold the tie breaker, but our own tie might help us, or kill us.
The more cushion, the better.

Chiefs@Falcons - Need Atlanta to win the South. Go Falcons!
Eagles@Bengals - Um, yeah.
Texans@Packers - Again, more cushion. Go Texans!
Rams@Patriots - Give them no hope. Go Pats. However, a Pats loss wouldn't be a bad thing either.
Lions@Saints - I don't like the SOB's, but they hold potential tiebreakers against us. And, it puts more space between us and the Saints. Go Lions!
Giants@Steelers - Um, yeah.
Buccaneers@Chargers - More cushion. Go Chargers!
Panthers@TucanSams - Even though I think it benefits us more if the Seattle Scum wins, it's so orgasmic to see them lose, especially at home. Besides, we control our destiny with Carolina. Go Panthers!

Love this idea. Because I'm too lazy to research myself :) Especially as the season winds down, very helpful.

Just win, baby.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wife and I were just talking about this!
Thanks for the list. As Boone said it makes life so much easier than doing the research myself lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good idea, yes. But it's too early.
Noone's clinched a division. The North and South leaders both lead by about a game, with 5 games left. So those division winners are totally up in the air. So you can't assume the current 2nd place team will be in the Wild Card hunt, when they very well may win the division, while the current division leader ends up clawing for a Wild Card. So you really don't know whether to root against the current 2nd place or current 1st place team.

Last edited:
Had a lot of things go right for us this week.

Just not the one thing that really matters.

So, the bottom line is, the Washington Redskins surrendered control of their destiny to the whims of fate.
The price of poker just went up. We are on the outside looking in. We could now win out, and still miss the playoffs.

This week, as usual, the most important thing is, we need to win.
Saints@Buccaneers - Bucs are now the 6th seed. Go Saints!
Cardinals@Dolphins - Since the Cards now have our nuts in their sack....Go Phins!
Vikings@Jaguars - Go Jags!
Chargers@Panthers - Go Chargers!
Bears@Lions - Lions must win the North. Go Lions!
Falcons@Rams - For now, I still think we need the Falcons to win the south. Go Falcons!
Seahawks@Packers - Hold your nose and pull for the Tucan Sams!
Crackboys@vaGiants - I will never root for the crackboys. Others may.

Obviously, us winning and Tampa losing are the 2 big needs. Everything else helps, only if.

I think for Atlanta - if say, they implode down the stretch (though their schedule looks easy), and Tampa wins that division, that could work for us too.

Giants don't have a cake schedule either, and the Steelers game could be the start of a freefall for them.

Thanks Ax, like this stuff also.

Tampa plays the Saints twice in next four games, plus the Panthers, who we also play. They look like a lock to win a Wild Card.

I won't get down on the next four. We screwed the pooch early on in the season where we should have at least two more victories, but we had to stink in the clutch and couldn't get the job done. I think it was lost in the first half of the season, as we weren't prepared to play football.

I gotta feelin' that the team we're really gonna be targeting is NY. Atlanta or Tampa will probably pass the gAnts for the 5th spot looking at all the schedules. The Skins only need to win one more game than the Giants do before week 17 to have a shot. A tied record with NY is a win for the Redskins because they'll have one less loss. There's those other two from the Midwest but I'm of the mind that it's a minimum of 9 wins for the sixth seed or possibly just 8 for Washington. Giants & GB probably have the toughest schedules out of the bunch.

Good idea, yes. But it's too early.
Noone's clinched a division. The North and South leaders both lead by about a game, with 5 games left. So those division winners are totally up in the air. So you can't assume the current 2nd place team will be in the Wild Card hunt, when they very well may win the division, while the current division leader ends up clawing for a Wild Card. So you really don't know whether to root against the current 2nd place or current 1st place team.

My point has already been proven a week ago. Tampa has already tied for 1st in their division. So it could end up Atlanta that we root against.

Last edited:
Hurts the Skins, but damn I love seeing the Cowboys lose. If we only had a decent defense when we played them.

That Giants win last night was very bad news. Figures the Cowboys would lay down for them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what little I saw of the game the Giants D put them down, their 'lay down' didn't appear to be voluntary.
Didn't the Gmen spend a lot on D this year?
Looks like they're coming together, at least for one game.

It's not that bad. The Giants were likely to take the 5th Seed anyway. The 6th seed is still very much up for grabs.
And I don't think it was a "lay down" game. Though they may still be the best in the NFC, the Cowboys are not an un-beatable team, despite their streak. They are very beatable. They not dominating people. They are barely winning games, including even both of our games.

Last edited:
Giants won 7 of 8. They are hot. As crazy as it may seem, Cows can finish with the second best conf record, and have to play a wild card game. Hate to see Bucs beat them this week but who knew?

The Giants were a bad matchup for the Cowpukes-I'm glad the Pukes lost but it dudn't help us. Crap.

The Giants win was bad for us regarding the playoffs. To be honest, I don't think we have a playoff caliber defense.

On the flip side, any loss by Dallas is good. Even if hurts us with playoffs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.