• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

This Week, We're Rooting For...

Dream scenario for me would be Dallas wins the division, Prescott gets a hangnail and can't play, Romo chokes it out one last time, and the cameras stay fixed on Jerry Jones when it happens.

You forgot to add that the 'Skins go in as wildcard and hand Dallas that defeat in the championship game. :)

Not to be too snarky, I think we barely have an NFL-caliber defense, much less playoff-caliber. When we're talking in terms like "worst 3rd down D in 15 years," and "worst 3rd and long D in history" are being used, things are more than just iffy.

Which is a damn shame. With even an average defense this year, we're not sweating needing help for that last wildcard spot.

Snarky me here. I still think we should have two more wins, despite the defense. First Dallas game and Lions game. Kirk overthrew wide open receivers for easy TD's. Didn't happen, but we were that close. If you ask me, I have to invoke the Kirk overthrow rule we've seen all year.

Dallas is out of the equation for us. We cannot pass them for anything.
Detroit can put the 5th seed in play by beating the Giants. The giants need to lose one of the next 2 in order for us to overtake them. I doubt they lose to Philly.
Both Atlanta and Tampa need to lose 1 more game. If that happens, I don't really care who wins that division. As neither could take the wildcard from us. Provided we win out.

good job

Snarky me here. I still think we should have two more wins, despite the defense. First Dallas game and Lions game. Kirk overthrew wide open receivers for easy TD's. Didn't happen, but we were that close. If you ask me, I have to invoke the Kirk overthrow rule we've seen all year.
Yeah, I guess we can't expect the league's #3 ranked QB and #2 offense to overcome the 26th ranked defense every week. ;)

And not that it matters at this point, but I see that Detroit loss differently. Matt Jones fumbled into the end zone from the 1, and I think Thompson fumbled it away again in scoring range again later. And despite not having his best day (30-for-39, 301 yds, 1 TD) , Kirk led a 10-play, 76-yard, 5-minute plus drive to score what looked like the game-winning TD, leaving the Lions 65 seconds, and no time-outs, to go 75 yards for a game-winning TD. They didn't need that long--it took them six plays, in 49 seconds.

Pretty tough room to put that loss on our QB to me.

Last edited:
As rough as the D has been at times, there have been several wins where they stopped late game drives that could have resulted in losses as well as held teams without a 2nd half TD several times. I know no one wants to hear 'it could be worse' but there's some truth to it. I do agree with those that feel we've regressed of late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's it in a nutshell for me, Boone. Barry's D was scrappy early in the year and showed promise--not in that they "stopped" anybody, but in that they seemed to come up with just enough big plays late in games to let us hold leads. Not sure exactly when that impression changed for me, but I think it was in that last minute in Detroit when they basically rolled over. Then came the second halves against Green Bay, the 2nd Dallas game, then Arizona, when they looked like they were totally clueless. How many of us here, I wonder, really thought the Eagles weren't going to waltz in for the winning score late Sunday?

But they didn't, with our man Kerrigan coming up with the kind of crunch-time big play this defense needs in order to survive. Maybe, just maybe that will turn into a catalyst that makes them at least competitive down the stretch in these next three monster games. I certainly hope so, but I'm can't say I'm expecting it.

Biggest decision I think this team has this coming offseason isn't whether Kirk gets the big deal---I think he's already earned it---but whether Jay and Scot can figure out what direction they need to go on the defensive side of the ball.

I think we look at a lot of these players as underachieving on expectation, which I think is accurate. But to me, that's just another symptom of poor coaching. Either not getting them to buy in, or not coaching to their strengths.

Dream scenario for me would be Dallas wins the division, Prescott gets a hangnail and can't play, Romo chokes it out one last time, and the cameras stay fixed on Jerry Jones when it happens.

Best post of the holiday season.

So, we didn't get any help week 14. But, we did the most important thing....win.

Week 15 finds us still on the outside looking in. Job 1, we gotta win.

Packers@Bears - Get the Pack off our back. Come on Bears!
Lions@Giants - A loss here puts the 5th seed in play, as well as another option for the 6th seed. Go Lions!
Colts@Vikings - Go with them Colts!
49ers@Falcons - I still think we want the Falcons to win the South. They also seem to have it a little easier than the Bucs. Go Dirty Birds!
Buccaneers@Crackboys - **** what we need! Go Bucs!!!

This is the game I believe is key. What helps us most is that Detroit really needs this one - I believe if they Win & the Packers (inexplicably) lose, then the Lions take their Division. I prefer when the team we need to Win is motivated by their own goals.

So in that vien, go Lions (even though I hate them!).

And I will take a Bucs loss as well Alex for my daily double.

So now we can add the the Packers to the list of teams to root for since they play the Lions the last game of the season and still not have to root against the Bucs (which I don't want to do since I am a Jameis Winston fan)...the Lions have a tough road to stay a game ahead of us if we win out.

It's absolutely mandatory to root for Dallas tonite against the Bucs.
That clearly paves the easiest and most likely path to a Wild Card for us.

no

no.

no!

No

No.

No!

NO

NO.

NO!!!

I'm rooting for Dallas!

a) I really want to make the playoffs so I want any team that threatens our place to lose.

b) while I actually quite like the Buccs, my brother supports them and I will never live it down if they get in and we don't.

So Buccs gotta go!!

It's simple. Root for them now so we can get to the NFC Championship and send them home in tears.

A battle between two 2015 division cellar dwellers.
Tonight.... one hopes the NFCE representative defeats the representative of the NFCS.

Pardon me while I go take at least four showers at halftime.

Pardon me while I go take at least four showers at halftime.

and flush twice, for the next guy !

toilet-4.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.