• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

This Week, We're Rooting For...

Not to be too snarky, I think we barely have an NFL-caliber defense, much less playoff-caliber. When we're talking in terms like "worst 3rd down D in 15 years," and "worst 3rd and long D in history" are being used, things are more than just iffy.

Which is a damn shame. With even an average defense this year, we're not sweating needing help for that last wildcard spot.

Not to be too snarky, I think we barely have an NFL-caliber defense, much less playoff-caliber. When we're talking in terms like "worst 3rd down D in 15 years," and "worst 3rd and long D in history" are being used, things are more than just iffy.

Which is a damn shame. With even an average defense this year, we're not sweating needing help for that last wildcard spot.

Or at least utilize your run game to keep the other team's offense off the field.

So, we didn't get any help week 14. But, we did the most important thing....win.

Week 15 finds us still on the outside looking in. Job 1, we gotta win.

Packers@Bears - Get the Pack off our back. Come on Bears!
Lions@Giants - A loss here puts the 5th seed in play, as well as another option for the 6th seed. Go Lions!
Colts@Vikings - Go with them Colts!
49ers@Falcons - I still think we want the Falcons to win the South. They also seem to have it a little easier than the Bucs. Go Dirty Birds!
Buccaneers@Crackboys - **** what we need! Go Bucs!!!

Not to mention the high amount of 4th downs both attempted and made against us.

I mean really, who gives a rats ass about whether we have a playoff caliber defense?

All you gotta do is get there. Anything can happen.

The Raiders, at 10-3, have given up 3 more points than we have.
The Falcons, at 8-5, poised to win their division, have given up 18 more points than us.

Sack up fellas. We gotta run to make!

The Raiders are kinda like our doppelgänger in the AFC.

Playing this season with our defense is like playing Russian Roulette. We've won some games this year, our Offense is good enough to win games... we're scoring over 25 per game.
Could have been more if we were better in the redzone. This Offense is easily capable of 30+ points per game once it fixes the little problems.

But equally our D is more than capable of losing games. How many games this year because the opposition gifted us? The Eagles should have been up by maybe 10 points on us early, but were too busy getting in their own way. And that's not the first time we've seen that this season.

All we need is for the defense to play with some energy and more importantly discipline. Just raise up a few notches towards average and we got this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean really, who gives a rats ass about whether we have a playoff caliber defense?

All you gotta do is get there. Anything can happen.

The Raiders, at 10-3, have given up 3 more points than we have.
The Falcons, at 8-5, poised to win their division, have given up 18 more points than us.

Sack up fellas. We gotta run to make!

someone on the random thread said KC had a stout defense they have given up less points than us but the only thing better is their red zone defense as they have a worse defense than we do for yards given up plus they were gifted between Fitzgerald and the first raiders game with 6 red zone interceptions. Of course Fitz had 5 of them

I'm rooting for Detroit first. But a Giants win would help against the Loins if Det falls into the WC race. The 49ers (who just snatched defeat from the jaws of victory by the Jets...at home) over Atl (pipe dream) and I guess I'd take a Dallas win as a last resort but doesn't mean rooting for them.

Rationally it seems it will take 10 wins to make the playoffs. Assuming a 10 win minimum:

Both the gAnts & Turds have about the same difficulty of schedule (NYG-Det; Phi; Was) & (Dal-TB; Det; Phi) left. GB & Min have to play each other so at least one knocks the other out. Vikes have a better chance @ 10 wins but don't count on it (Indy, GB, Chi) while GB gets 3 division matchups to end the year. TB, outside of Dallast, has NO and Car while Atl has a comparative cruise with (SF, Car, NO). Redskins have (Car, Chi & NYG) so not as bad as NYG or Dal schedule wise. Det might fall into the WC race if they lose the division. Could happen, they got a tough schedule (NYG, Dal, GB).

I wouldn't be shocked to see all three NFC East teams finish with 10 or more wins and one of them not making the playoffs. If TB beats Dal then both the Buc's & Falcons have a great shot at 11-5. If the Buc's don't they're still looking at reasonably being 10-6. Skins beat any body with a tie in wins because of one less in the loss column (provided none of the others get a tie). Cowgirls are already in the playoffs even if they lose out no matter what.

Skins could get in by going 2 & 1 and one of TB or Atl doing no better than 1 & 2 or the Giants losing out. Det losing out and losing the division and either one or both of the previous two.

Oh, and like Riggns44 said:
...To be honest, I don't think we have a playoff caliber defense.

What’s that? Ah — Playoffs? Don’t talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game.

Well, I think the Skins will at least do the last bit...

Yeah, Giants did us no favors... Though, they could still fall to Detroit.

But, this does guarantee that the Cowboys will be motivated to beat Tampa. And Tampa losing would help us.

Yeah, to me it's all about Tampa right now. They're the only team ahead of us in the chase for the last wildcard, so the math is really quite simple ... if we're going to make the playoffs, they're going to have to lose at least one game.

So go Dallas.

Excuse me while I go shower.

I'm rooting for Detroit first. But a Giants win would help against the Loins if Det falls into the WC race. The 49ers (who just snatched defeat from the jaws of victory by the Jets...at home) over Atl (pipe dream) and I guess I'd take a Dallas win as a last resort but doesn't mean rooting for them.

Rationally it seems it will take 10 wins to make the playoffs. Assuming a 10 win minimum:

Both the gAnts & Turds have about the same difficulty of schedule (NYG-Det; Phi; Was) & (Dal-TB; Det; Phi) left. GB & Min have to play each other so at least one knocks the other out. Vikes have a better chance @ 10 wins but don't count on it (Indy, GB, Chi) while GB gets 3 division matchups to end the year. TB, outside of Dallast, has NO and Car while Atl has a comparative cruise with (SF, Car, NO). Redskins have (Car, Chi & NYG) so not as bad as NYG or Dal schedule wise. Det might fall into the WC race if they lose the division. Could happen, they got a tough schedule (NYG, Dal, GB).

I wouldn't be shocked to see all three NFC East teams finish with 10 or more wins and one of them not making the playoffs. If TB beats Dal then both the Buc's & Falcons have a great shot at 11-5. If the Buc's don't they're still looking at reasonably being 10-6. Skins beat any body with a tie in wins because of one less in the loss column (provided none of the others get a tie). Cowgirls are already in the playoffs even if they lose out no matter what.

Skins could get in by going 2 & 1 and one of TB or Atl doing no better than 1 & 2 or the Giants losing out. Det losing out and losing the division and either one or both of the previous two.
Dallas is out of the equation for us. We cannot pass them for anything.
Detroit can put the 5th seed in play by beating the Giants. The giants need to lose one of the next 2 in order for us to overtake them. I doubt they lose to Philly.
Both Atlanta and Tampa need to lose 1 more game. If that happens, I don't really care who wins that division. As neither could take the wildcard from us. Provided we win out.

Yeah, to me it's all about Tampa right now. They're the only team ahead of us in the chase for the last wildcard, so the math is really quite simple ... if we're going to make the playoffs, they're going to have to lose at least one game.

So go Dallas.

And you call yourself a mod.

So go Dallas.

I feel dirty just reading this. ;)

I wouldn't be shocked to see all three NFC East teams finish with 10 or more wins and one of them not making the playoffs.

I remember this happening multiple times in the 80s where a 10-6 team didn't make the playoffs. Of course, 1 less team made the playoffs back then too.

So go Dallas.

No, if Tampa wins the rest of their games, we can still get in.
It depends on Atlanta, too.

Fair enough. Go whoever plays Atlanta too. :)

Dallas is out of the equation for us. We cannot pass them for anything.
Detroit can put the 5th seed in play by beating the Giants. The giants need to lose one of the next 2 in order for us to overtake them. I doubt they lose to Philly.
Both Atlanta and Tampa need to lose 1 more game. If that happens, I don't really care who wins that division. As neither could take the wildcard from us. Provided we win out.

I understand that Dallas beats the Skins out. However, It's still possible for them to be a Wild Card with NY winning the division. Perhaps not likely but it is possible. I guess it really wouldn't change things that much other than having one less team the Skins could have a shot over for that WC spot.

Yeah, Skins need to take care of business and win out and let everything else land where it falls. NY needs to win 2 of the next 3 to push the Skins off of them (if the Skins get to 10). If both end at 10 wins Washington would hold the tie-breakers and have one less loss. Washington beats anyone they tie with in wins because their tie in London gives them one less loss.

Anyway, that's why I'm rooting first for Detroit. I'd rather get to the playoffs through a divisional team and not around them. I don't care how the South winds up, it's just one or the other of them that might get in the way but it's probably the path of least resistance. Besides a Lions win also means I don't have to cheer for Dallas. I'll go outta my way to find a reason NOT to root for a turd win. Sure I want the Redskins to do well - just not so sure I want to soil myself in the process.

Om has already made that sacrifice.:hanged:

Just win out and let the chips fall. I'm enjoying watching this team, they have some missing pieces but a pretty good roster overall. It's all about next year any ways...I'm enjoying this one while it last. We get to meet the Giants head to head so that game will most likely control the destiny for many teams. HTTR.

Dream scenario for me would be Dallas wins the division, Prescott gets a hangnail and can't play, Romo chokes it out one last time, and the cameras stay fixed on Jerry Jones when it happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.