• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes 11/18/16: Jay Gruden

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
November 18, 2016

Head Coach Jay Gruden

On the injury report:
“Questionable: DeSean Jackson, shoulder; Morgan Moses, ankle; Nick Sundberg, back. That’s all I’ve got for you.”

On LS Nick Sundberg’s status and the long snappers that tried out today:
“Yeah, we had a couple of long snappers in here to work out and we’ll have to wait and see tomorrow, really. He’s still a little ginger, walking gingerly on his back – he’s not walking on his back, but he’s a little sore, stiff [laughter]. So we’ll have to wait and see and then we’ll have to make adjustments with the roster if he can’t go.”

On if WR DeSean Jackson’s status will be a game-time decision:
“I think it could go up to game time, you know. We have six receivers that are on our 53 [-man roster] right now that we feel really good about. So let’s see how he does through pregame warmups, see how he feels, make sure if he’s feeling good he’s feeling really good and we’ll make that determination.”

On if 'odds are good’ T Morgan Moses will play Sunday:
“Yeah, odds are. He went through a majority of practice today and it’s looking pretty good with him. But, with these things, you just hope it doesn’t swell up or anything happen tonight.”

On if Jackson could be held out of Sunday’s game to be ready for Thursday:
“That could happen but I don’t know how much better it will get from Sunday to Thursday. So I think if he’s good enough to play Thursday, he’d be good enough to play Sunday night. So we’ll have to wait and see. That’s up to him and the trainers.”

On who will be the emergency long snapper:
“Colt McCoy. He’s pretty good actually. Not much of a blocker, but he’s pretty good. Well, neither is Sundberg. They can’t cover up the center anyway, but it would be Colt.”

On how he learned that QB Colt McCoy was a good long snapper:
“Process of elimination.”

On how many people on the team were eliminated from the backup long snapper position:
“Everybody. Yeah, so he’s the best one we got. Fingers crossed.”

On the other candidates for the backup long snapper position:
“We tried everybody. I mean, we tried everybody who had shoulder pads – everybody who was dressed. We tried everybody… He’s pretty good, yeah.”

On if he has ever had a backup quarterback as a long snapper:
“Nope, this will be the first. Yep, it’ll be the first [laughter]… So, we’ll probably be going for it on fourth down [laughter].”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On who will be the emergency long snapper:
“Colt McCoy. He’s pretty good actually. Not much of a blocker, but he’s pretty good. Well, neither is Sundberg. They can’t cover up the center anyway, but it would be Colt.”

On how he learned that QB Colt McCoy was a good long snapper:
“Process of elimination.”

On how many people on the team were eliminated from the backup long snapper position:
“Everybody. Yeah, so he’s the best one we got. Fingers crossed.”

On the other candidates for the backup long snapper position:
“We tried everybody. I mean, we tried everybody who had shoulder pads – everybody who was dressed. We tried everybody… He’s pretty good, yeah.”

On if he has ever had a backup quarterback as a long snapper:
“Nope, this will be the first. Yep, it’ll be the first [laughter]… So, we’ll probably be going for it on fourth down [laughter].”

Is all this stuff serious ?
It totally sounds like a joke, or satire.

It's serious as far as Colt is the emergency long snapper but they signed a long snapper, Rick Lovato who is active. So McCoy is only if Rick goes down.
Not a big stretch to picture a QB being able to do the long snap thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.