• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Possible trade down partner

brandies

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/02/tebow-makes-his-case-for-a-draft-day-climb/

When the Florida Gators destroyed the Cincinnati Bearcats on Friday night in the Sugar Bowl, the biggest losers might have been the Jacksonville Jaguars.

The Jags are widely believed to be interested in Florida quarterback Tim Tebow, thanks to an owner who apparently has never played poker. But the Jags likely will be making their initial pick at some point between the 15th and 20th positions in round one of the draft. And recent history tells us that huge quarterback performances in BCS bowl games will drive a guy's stock through the roof -- and that poor performances will cause a guy to slide.

It's a curious dynamic in a process dominated by tangible measurements and Pro Day workouts. With a stellar showing in the Sugar Bowl capping that 2006 season, LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell shot all the way to the top of the board. A year earlier, Vince Young's performance for the ages in the BCS title game pushed him all the way to No. 3.

CLICK LINK FOR FULL ARTICLE

I think it depends on what the new regime in Washington wants to do at QB. If they want there own franchise Quarterback they won't trade back, however if they will be trying to accumlate more picks then Jacksonville looks like an excellent partner.

Yet, it was also PFT and Mike Florio that accused the NFL owners of collusion as he suggested that Jacksonville has made an agreement with the other teams for them to draft Tebow in order to bring fans to their team.

Namely Gator fans would become Jag fans.......

Obviously, I think most wouldn't consider Tebow a legit 1st round QB b/c he doesn't play in a pro system. While he is clearly a leader and a winner, there are serious concerns about mechanics and footwork.

If Okung is there at #5 and the Skins feel that they can still get a good LT in the mid 1st, then I think there will be some takers for a trade.

-Same with Berry
- Same with Bradford and maybe even Clausen.

I agree. I don't think to many teams have Tebow as a 1st round pick. If Jacksonville wants to take him in the 1st round, I don't think they would run into any problems. You would have to think they would be aware of that.

I think if the Skins are in love with Clausen or Bradford they take which ever in the 1st round. If they are looking for a LT then I think you are right they will trade down accumulate picks and take the best avalable left tackle later on in the 1st round.

If Berry falls they got to take him!!! I think he is going to be the caliber of Reed or Troy!

Tebow is the kind of guy who can make critics look like fools though :) Yeah, he lacks some of the 'pro-quality' measurables talent scouts love to measure, but he's also got all the intangibles and then some.

I wouldn't count him out. I think the team that decides to take a gamble on him is as likely to come out looking smarter than everyone else as being the laughing stock.

Tebow is the kind of guy who can make critics look like fools though :) Yeah, he lacks some of the 'pro-quality' measurables talent scouts love to measure, but he's also got all the intangibles and then some.

I wouldn't count him out. I think the team that decides to take a gamble on him is as likely to come out looking smarter than everyone else as being the laughing stock.

I was "scouting" Tony Pike in the Cincy/Florida game.
Tebow impressed me a great deal.
However, he has a slow/long release and loads up (ie holds the ball down by his thigh pads and then cranks the ball out).
We currently have a QB that has a similar problem........:frown2:
but man, Tebow is pretty accurate.

I will also say this, if Tebow runs like he does with the Gators, he will get knocked out for the season by week 5. Guys like Fletcher will destroy him at the pro level.

I agree. Its too bad we can't wait on him to develop.

My guess is Tebow after a short trial at QB will end up staying in the NFL as a tight end.

He is in a similar situation as Eric Crouch, who wanted to play QB in the NFL but was drafted by the Rams in the hopes he could transition to WR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.